Keep seeing a Gmail account settings out of date error on the Windows mail app?
Gmail is one of the best email services out there. Besides the dedicated app and website, you can also use your Gmail account on other email clients like Windows’ mail app.
This allows you to integrate your Gmail account directly to your Windows PC and access emails conveniently. You can also connect other email accounts on the mail app so that you can manage all your accounts on one platform.
While this is a great feature offered by Windows, it is not perfect, and errors could occur.
One of the most common issues on the mail app is the Gmail account settings out of date error. When you encounter this problem, you won’t be able to access your emails or receive new emails from your Gmail account.
This error occurs most of the time due to improper configurations on your Windows PC, certificate errors, or incorrect passwords.
Today, we’ll show you what to do when you encounter the Gmail account settings out of date error on Windows.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Gmail Status.
Before changing your device settings, the first thing you should do when you encounter errors on Gmail is check the platform’s status.
You can do this by visiting Google’s dedicated status page.
If there’s an issue with Gmail, the only thing you can do is wait for their team to address the problem. On the other hand, you can proceed to the following solutions below if there’s nothing wrong with the servers.
2. Restart Your PC.
One of the easiest ways to fix issues on Gmail or any application is to restart your device. This should allow your system to reload Gmail’s resources and eliminate any errors that may have occurred during runtime.
See the steps below to restart your PC:
- First, access the Start Menu on your Taskbar.
- After that, click on the Power Options tab.
- Lastly, choose Restart to reboot your system.
Once done, go back to the mail app to check if the problem is solved.
3. Update Your Password.
When you see the Gmail account settings out of date error on Windows, it may indicate that your password needs to be updated. You might have changed your Gmail password recently, and you need to update it on the mail app.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On the Mail app, click on the Fix Account button.
- Now, provide your email address and hit Next.
- Finally, input your updated password and click the Next button to sign in to your account.
Go back to the mail app afterward and see if the error message is gone.
4. Check Your System Date & Time.
For most applications and websites, they won’t work if your device’s date and time settings are incorrect. When you see the Gmail account settings out of date error on Windows, check your system date and time settings and ensure they’re up to date.
Follow the guide below to change your date and time settings on Windows:
- First, press the Windows + I keys on your keyboard to open the Settings.
- After that, click on the Time & Language tab.
- Now, go to the Date & Time tab.
- Lastly, enable the Set Time Automatically option and choose the correct timezone for your location.
Once done, relaunch the mail app and check if the problem is solved.
5. Update Windows.
The current version of Windows you’re using may have an issue related to the mail app, which causes the error message on Gmail. If this is the case, update your system to the latest version possible to patch bugs and other glitches.
See the steps below to update Windows:
- Open Windows Settings by pressing the Windows + I keys on your keyboard.
- Next, go to Update & Security and click on Windows Update.
- Finally, choose the Check for Updates button and follow the prompts to continue.
After updating your system, restart your device and check if the problem is solved.
6. Reset the Mail App.
If you still see the Gmail account settings out of date error on Windows, we suggest resetting the mail app on your computer.
Check out the steps below to guide you on the process:
- First, access the Start Menu and click on the Gear icon to open Windows Settings.
- After that, click on the Apps tab and look for the Mail app.
- Now, choose Advanced Options and scroll to the bottom.
- Lastly, click the Reset button.
After resetting the mail app, re-login to your Gmail account and check if the problem is solved.
That wraps up our guide on how to fix the Gmail account settings out of date error on Windows. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to help.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂