Are you trying to figure out why the group watch feature is not working on Disney Plus?
Given the current situation with COVID-19, many people find alternative ways to keep in touch with their friends and loved ones online. One of the best ways to do this is by hosting a virtual watch party.
Thankfully, Disney Plus has a group watch feature that makes it easier for you and your loved ones to enjoy the best movies and TV shows on the platform.
However, there have been reports from several users who are having a hard time using the feature.
If you are one of them, keep reading.
Based on what we know, this problem usually occurs if the current session reaches the maximum number of users who can join the watch party.
Other factors like being in an unsupported region, using an incompatible device, or using a kids profile could also cause this problem.
In this guide, we will show you what to do if the group watch feature is not working on Disney Plus.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Disney Plus Servers.
Before making any changes to your account or device, you should verify first if the problem is with Disney Plus or your end. Given that Disney Plus is an online platform, its servers play a vital role to keep the application accessible to all users.
To check Disney Plus’ servers, you can use third-party tools like Downdetector. It is a website that displays the current status of applications and the past issues they encountered.
If the servers are down, we recommend that you leave the matter to Disney Plus and wait it out. However, you can still do the rest of the methods below and see if one of them works for you.
2. Try Another Show.
Some shows on Disney Plus can encounter unexpected problems and become unavailable for a while. If the group watch feature is not working on Disney Plus, go back to the media library and try playing another show.
This way, you can figure out if the problem is isolated to a specific movie or TV show. If other shows work fine, head to the last method below to report the issue to Dinsey Plus.
3. Re-Login to Your Account.
Temporary errors may have occurred on your current session and corrupted your user data. If this happens, unexpected problems may occur on the platform until you reload your account data.
To do this, simply sign out of your current session, and log back in after several minutes.
On Android and iOS, you can sign out of your Disney Plus account by doing the following steps:
- First, open the Disney Plus app on your device.
- After that, tap on your Avatar to access your profile page.
- Lastly, tap the Log Out button at the bottom of the page.
For browser, you can log out of your Disney Plus account by doing the following:
- On your browser, access the Disney Plus website.
- Now, point the mouse cursor to your Avatar.
- Finally, click the Log Out button from the drop-down menu.
If you are using other devices, see the steps below to sign out your account:
- Access the Disney Plus website using your preferred browser.
- After that, hover the mouse cursor to your Avatar and click the Account tab.
- Finally, click the Log Out of All Devices button to complete the process.
Once done, wait for 2 to 3 minutes before logging back into your account. Host another group watch on Disney Plus to check if the problem is solved.
4. Turn Off VPN.
Virtual private networks or VPNs are programs that provide security to your network. They change your default IP address to keep your identity private, and filter your data to prevent hackers from obtaining them.
However, some VPNs don’t work that well and could interfere with your network’s flow. This makes it difficult for your device to communicate with Disney Plus, which explains the problem.
If the group watch feature is not working on Disney Plus, disable your VPN first and host another group watch again.
On the other hand, you can also use other VPNs such as IPVanish if you are not comfortable browsing online without protection. Compared to other VPNs, it doesn’t interfere with your internet connection and works well with other applications.
5. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies.
Your browser could also be the reason for the group watch feature not to work on Disney Plus. Browsers store temporary data on your device, which are used to load websites faster and improve their overall performance.
However, caches and cookies accumulate over time and could cause problems on the websites you visit.
To fix this, follow the steps below to clear your browsing data:
- First, open your preferred browser and click on the Options button at the top right corner of your display.
- After that, click on the Settings tab and go to Privacy and Security.
- Now, click on Clear Browsing Data and change the target Time Range to All Time.
- Lastly, include caches and cookies in the process and hit the Clear Data button.
Once done, go back to Disney Plus and check if the problem is solved.
6. Disable Browser Extensions.
Extensions or add ons are third-party programs installed directly to your browser, which provides additional features to the websites you visit.
However, some websites are not compatible with browser extensions and may not work if you are using one.
Before using Disney Plus, follow the guide below to turn off your browser extensions:
- First, open your browser and click on the Options button at the top right corner of the window.
- Now, click on Settings and access the Extensions tab.
- Lastly, turn off all your browser extensions.
Go back to Disney Plus afterward and try using the group watch feature again.
7. Clear Disney Plus App Data (Android).
If the group watch feature is not working on the Disney Plus app for Android, you can try clearing its app data to eliminate any errors that may have occurred. Temporary bugs and glitches that happen on the platform can cause Disney Plus’ application data to corrupt.
To fix this, see the steps below to clear Disney Plus’ app data:
- First, open your Android device and access the Settings app.
- After that, go to the Apps tab and tap on Disney Plus.
- Lastly, open the Storage tab and tap on Clear Data.
Once done, re-login to your Disney Plus account and check if the problem is solved.
8. Update Disney Plus.
The current version of Disney Plus on your device may have an underlying issue related to the group watch feature. In this case, their team could already be aware of the problem and roll out an update to patch the error.
If the group watch feature is not working on Disney Plus, update the app to the latest version on your device.
On Android, you can update Disney Plus by doing the following:
- First, go to the application drawer and open the Google Play Store.
- After that, tap the Menu button on the search bar to access the side drawer.
- Now, tap on My Apps & Games and locate Disney Plus.
- Lastly, tap the Update button next to Disney Plus to download the update.
For iOS users, see the steps below to update Disney Plus:
- On your device, access the home screen and open the App Store.
- Now, tap on your Profile to view the list of applications with available updates.
- Finally, tap the Update button to install the latest version of Disney Plus.
If you are using a Playstation 4, check out the steps below to update Disney Plus:
- Go to your main screen and select Disney Plus using your controller.
- After that, press the Options button to access the side drawer.
- Lastly, highlight Check for Updates and press the O or X button to proceed.
Visit the Help Center if you don’t see your device from the list and find the specific guide for your system.
Go back to Disney Plus after the update to check if the group watch feature is now working.
9. Reinstall Disney Plus.
If the update did not work, the problem could be with the installation files of Disney Plus. It is also possible that the app is not installed properly, which causes its features not to work.
In this case, we recommend removing the app completely from your device, and reinstall a fresh copy afterward.
On Android, check out the guide below to reinstall Disney Plus:
- On your device, go to the app drawer and locate Disney Plus.
- After that, tap and hold its app icon until the selection menu shows up.
- Now, tap on Uninstall to delete the app.
- Finally, open the Google Play Store on your device and reinstall Disney Plus.
For iOS users, you can reinstall Disney Plus by doing the following:
- First, go to your home screen and press Disney Plus’ app icon until the options screen shows up.
- After that, tap on Remove App to uninstall Disney Plus.
- Lastly, access the App Store and reinstall the app from there.
If you are using other devices, visit the guides below to help you out:
- Reinstall Disney Plus on Xbox One
- Remove Disney Plus on Roku Devices
- Uninstall Disney Plus on Apple TV
- Delete Disney Plus on PS4
After reinstalling Disney Plus, log back into your account and check if the group watch feature is now working.
10. Report the Problem to Disney Plus.
At this point, we suggest that you let the experts take over if none of the methods above worked out for you.
Visit the Help Center, where you can contact Disney Plus’ team or browse their other guides and see if you can find any solutions. When asking for help, be sure to provide all necessary details like your account information, the device you are using, and a screenshot of the problem to make it easier for Disney to troubleshoot the problem.
This sums up our guide in fixing the group watch feature if it is not working on the Disney Plus app. If you have any questions or other concerns, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll do our best to help you out.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂