Is Halo Infinite crashing on startup on your PC?
Halo Infinite was released last December 2021 after getting delayed multiple times prior to its launch. Due to this, many fans were eager to play the game as soon as it was available in the market.
Currently, the game has over 20 million users two months since its release.
While these numbers are great, they can also pose problems on newly released games. Most new games need some time to become stable as developers make the necessary adjustments to optimize the game.
If you’re getting over 10 million users every day, tweaking the platform might be harder than usual since you have to account for the users. Not to mention the fact that the servers might crash if they can’t handle the traffic.
With this, many fans have encountered unexpected issues on Halo Infinite.
Recently, there have been reports from users who encountered random crashes while starting the game.
In this guide, we’ll show you what to do if Halo Infinite is crashing on startup on your computer.
Let’s get started!
1. Restart Your PC.
Before tweaking your system settings, we recommend restarting your computer first if you can’t get Halo Infinite to launch. This should reload your system resources and eliminate bugs and glitches that may have occurred during launch.
Here’s how you can reboot your Windows PC:
- On your keyboard, hit the Windows key to open the Start Menu.
- Next, access the Power Options tab.
- Finally, select Restart to reboot your computer.
Once done, relaunch Halo Infinite and check if the problem is solved.
2. Verify Your Game Files.
If restarting your PC was not enough, it may indicate that you’re dealing with a much more serious issue. You can try using Steam’s built-in tool to scan your storage for corrupted game files.
See the steps below to scan your files on Steam:
- Launch Steam on your PC and access your account.
- After that, go to your Library and right-click on Halo Infinite.
- Now, go to Properties and open the Local Files tab.
- Finally, click on Verify Integrity of Game Files and wait for the scan to complete.
Relaunch Halo Infinite afterward to check if it still crashes.
3. Disable Steam Overlay.
Steam Overlay is a feature that allows you to access Steam services without quitting your game. Although it’s a handy feature, it can put unnecessary load on your system, which might cause Halo Infinite to crash.
If Halo Infinite keeps crashing on your PC, try disabling Steam Overlay.
Here’s what you need to do:
- First, open Steam on your computer.
- Go to your Library and right-click on Halo Infinite.
- Now, click on Properties.
- Lastly, uncheck the ‘Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game’ feature.
Restart Steam afterward and check if the problem is solved.
4. Update Your Graphics Card.
Halo Infinite is a modern title. This means that it requires more computing power than your usual games. Due to this, we recommend updating your graphics drivers before playing to ensure that your video card is working correctly.
Check out the guide below to update your graphics drivers on Windows:
- On your PC, access the Quick Menu by pressing the Windows + X keys.
- After that, click on Device Manager.
- Now, expand the Display Adapters tab and right-click on your video card.
- Finally, choose Update Driver and follow the prompts.
Restart your system afterward to apply the changes and try launching Halo Infinite.
5. Close Unnecessary Programs.
Another way to reduce the load on your system is by closing unnecessary programs. Your system could be running out of resources, causing Halo Infinite to crash when you try to launch it.
Here’s how you can close resource-hungry apps on Windows:
- On your keyboard, press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC to access the Task Manager.
- After that, go to the Processes tab and click on Memory. This should sort the programs running on your computer based on their RAM usage.
- Finally, identify the applications you’re not using and close them.
Relaunch Halo Infinite afterward and check if you’ll still encounter random crashes.
6. Update Your System.
Being a new game, the current version of Windows you’re using might not be compatible with Halo Infinite. To rule this out, try updating your operating system to the latest version possible to patch bugs and glitches.
See the steps below to update your operating system:
- First, press the Windows + I keys on your keyboard to open Windows Settings.
- Next, click on Update & Security and access the Windows Update tab.
- Lastly, click on Check for Updates and follow the prompts.
After the update, restart your system and check if Halo Infinite is still crashing on startup.
7. Reinstall Halo Infinite.
At this point, we recommend reinstalling Halo Infinite if you still encounter crashes on startup. This should clear corrupted or broken installation files from your system and ensure that you have the latest working version of the game.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On your PC, go to Steam and open your Library.
- Right-click on Halo Infinite.
- Finally, hover your cursor to the Manage tab and choose Uninstall.
Visit the Steam Store afterward and reinstall the game from there.
That ends our guide for fixing Halo Infinite if it keeps crashing on startup. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂