Do you often find that the “Hide Alerts” option keeps turning on in your iPhone?
The “Hide Alert” option is convenient when you simply don’t want some contacts to disturb you while you’re busy or on a vacation. This option allows you to not get any message notifications from a particular contact or a group.
Yet, there’s one major bug with the “Hide Alert” option. According to some Apple users, this option turns on by default. This might be because of – outdated iPhone software, some settings issues, or even Bluetooth problems.
This problem is an extremely huge one as your iPhone Messages app may not notify you in case of an emergency text from your family or co-workers.
We understand how big of an inconvenience this is and so, here are some easy fixes that may help you out. Read on to know more!
1. Restart Your iPhone
Restarting your iPhone is one of the most common solutions for every problem, including the “Hide Alerts” issue.
It is because when your iPhone is working, there are a lot of applications running in the background. This can cause your RAM to slow down. When the RAM slows down too much, it may affect your iPhone’s apps and performance. Thus, causing the “hide alert” problem.
Here’s how you can restart your iPhone and sort out the “Hide Alerts” issue in iPhone:
- Press and hold the following buttons for:
- Model: iPhone X, 11, or 12: Either side button or volume button
- iPhone 6, 7, 8, and SE (Second Generation): Side Button
- iPhone SE (First Generation), 5, or older models: Top Button
- Hold the respective button till you see the slider.
- Hold and drag the slider. The phone will shut down after 30 seconds.
- To turn on your iPhone, simply press the side button till the Apple logo appears.
We advise against force restarting your iPhone contrary to what other tech fixes may suggest. Force restart may cause additional issues.
2. Update Your iPhone To The Latest Version
iPhone updates can solve a lot of problems as each update removes some of the existing bugs and improves your system’s performance.
Hence, not updating your iPhone’s software might be a huge mistake as it can affect your phone’s apps, including the Message app. This may cause the “Hide Alerts” problem.
Here’s how you can update your iPhone’s software to get rid of this issue:
- Go to the Settings app.
- In the Settings app, go to the General option.
- In General, choose the Software Update option.
- Check for any updates and if there is one, then update your iPhone overnight.
3. Reset The Customized Settings
In iPhones, there is an option that lets you reset the previously customized settings. Sometimes, there are settings that you may have changed. These setting changes may affect certain apps, such as your Message app as well.
So, when you reset the customized settings, they’ll go back to the default ones. Hence, if any settings changes were causing the “Hide Alerts” keep turning on problem, then this resetting might fix it.
Here’s how you can reset the settings:
- Go to the Settings app.
- In the Settings app, go for the General option.
- In the General option, scroll till the end where you will find the Reset option.
- Select Reset option.
- In the Reset option, choose Reset All Settings
- Then, enter your passcode (if any) and proceed to reset the settings.
4. Turn Off The Bluetooth
Bluetooth is an important tool for sharing. Yet, it may cause interference issues in your phone. This may lead to the automatic “Hide Alerts” problem in your iPhone.
As per many Apple users, this trick has worked for them. Hence, it might work for you as well. All you need to do is disable your Bluetooth connection from your phone and check again.
Here’s how you can turn off Bluetooth in your iPhone:
- Go to the Settings app.
- In Settings, select the option Bluetooth and turn it off.
You may also do so by swiping the menu down from the iPhone screen and turning off the Bluetooth option there.
5. Delete The Contact Or The Message Thread
If you’re facing an issue with a specific contact only on Messages, you can try deleting the contact itself or the entire message thread.
Thankfully, Apple stores messages in the iCloud backup. So, if you have any important message thread, then you can check out the backup. The only limitation is that the files are jumbled up and you may have to search for them.
Here’s how you can delete a contact:
- Go to Contacts on your iPhone.
- Click on the contact name that you want to delete.
- Click on Edit.
- Scroll to the end of the screen to find the Delete Contact option.
- Click on it once and then one more time to confirm.
Here’s how you can delete a message thread:
- Go to Messages on your iPhone.
- Then, find the message thread or conversation you want to delete.
- On that message thread, swipe left.
- Click on the icon. Confirm and delete.
In this way, you may fix the “Hide Alerts” keeps turning on issue.
6. Contact Apple Support
If nothing works, your last resort is to contact Apple support. There are various ways to contact Apple support to fix “Hide Alerts” keeps turning on issue. Let’s see some of the ways to contact Apple:
- You may call them on their phone number as per your country.
- You can chat with their customer support here.
- Install the Apple Support app.
- Check the nearest Apple store.
There are a few fixes that have helped Apple users in solving their “Hide Alerts” keeps turning on problem. Just keep in mind these points:
- Don’t forget to restart your phone.
- Always update your software to stay up-to-date.
- Keep the Bluetooth off for a while.
- Delete the message thread or the contact itself.
- Try to reset the settings to the default ones.
Make sure you follow all of these while troubleshooting your problem.
So, this brings us to the end of our article on how to fix the “Hide Alerts” problem of your iPhone. We hope this article helped you solve your problem!