It’s always nice to have a dark mode on any app.
Slack finally rolled out their own dark mode for us and it’s available for both iOS and Android today.
A small bit of news for your Monday morning, afternoon, or evening: today we released an update for our Android and iOS apps, which you can find in the Google Play Store and the App Store, respectively. The update is dark mode. https://t.co/yCNw8yfWcq
— Slack (@SlackHQ) March 11, 2019
In this guide, I’ll show you step-by-step on how to turn on dark mode on Slack, no matter if you’re on an iOS or Android device.
Let’s jump right in.
How to Turn On Dark Mode on Slack for iOS and Android: 3 Steps
- Go ahead open up your Slack app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Next, swipe left to bring up the sidebar. Then head over to Settings.
- Now all you have to do is just turn on the dark mode switch (as shown in the picture below) to enable dark mode on Slack.
- Go ahead open up your Slack app on your Android phone (Google Pixel, Samsung Galaxy, OnePlus etc.
- Next, open up the menu by tapping the three dots that are on the upper right-hand side. See it?
- Great! Now head over into your Settings and then tap General.
- Finally, simply, tap on Dark Mode to enable dark mode on your Slack app. Do take note that the app will restart in order to activate the dark mode.
Help! I do not see a Dark Mode option in my Settings?
Firstly, you’ve got to make sure that Slack is updated to the latest version (the update for the month of March 2019 and versions that follow it).
In case if you’ve not received an app update for Slack in your Play Store, simply head over to APKMirror to install this particular version of the Slack app to get dark mode on Slack.
Hey! What about for us desktop users, don’t we get any love?
Sadly, not at the moment. It will be available soon since the company tweeted that they’re still working on it. When and once it is available, I will surely update this guide for you, so definitely be on the lookout for that or better yet just bookmark this page.
Share this guide with your Slack members. 🙂