Can’t figure out why Hulu is stuck on the welcome screen?
Hulu is a popular on-demand movie and TV show streaming platform that is available worldwide. Unlike competitors, Hulu comes bundled with other streaming services like ESPN+ and Disney+.
This allows subscribers to enjoy more content but still pay the same price as a single streaming service.
If that’s not enough, Hulu also produces decent originals like Sasquatch, The Handmaid’s Tale, Shrill, and more.
Despite all of this, Hulu is not perfect.
This means that you can encounter random issues on the platform, and it could suffer from occasional downtimes. If you are here, we can assume that Hulu is stuck on the welcome screen on your end.
Usually, this problem is caused by server-related errors. However, it could also indicate an issue with your connection.
To help out, we’ve decided to make a guide for fixing Hulu if it’s stuck on the welcome screen.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Hulu Servers.
When you encounter problems on Hulu, the first thing you should always do is check the platform’s servers. Since Hulu is an online service, it relies on its servers to deliver content and features.
You can use third-party sites like Downdetector to view the current status of Hulu.
If the servers are offline, the only option you have is to wait for Hulu’s team to address the problem. On the other hand, you can head to the next solution below if there’s nothing wrong with the servers.
2. Restart Your Device.
If Hulu is stuck on the welcome screen, we suggest restarting your device before doing anything else. This should allow your system to reload Hulu’s resources, which may have run into errors during use.
- Locate the Power button on your Android device.
- Hold it down until the selection menu appears.
- Finally, tap on Restart to reboot your system.
- First, access the Assistive Touch on your display.
- After that, go to the Device tab and tap on More.
- Lastly, choose Restart.
Once done, go back to Hulu to check if the problem is solved.
3. Check Your Network Connection.
A slow or unstable internet connection could also be why Hulu is stuck on the welcome screen. If your network is not working correctly, Hulu won’t be able to fetch data from the servers.
To check if your network is the problem, perform a test using Fast.com to measure your network’s upload and download bandwidth.
If the result indicates a problem with your connection, power cycle your modem to re-establish the link with your ISP’s servers. Unplug your router from the outlet and wait for 5 to 10 seconds before reconnecting it.
Once done, re-run the test on your network to check if the problem is solved. If the issue persists, contact your provider and ask them to fix the issue.
4. Clear Hulu’s App Data (Android).
Like any Android app, Hulu stores temporary data on your device, which is used to improve its performance. However, this data accumulates over time and could become corrupted. When this happens, errors and issues could occur on the app.
To fix this, see the guide below to clear Hulu’s app cache:
- Go to your home screen and locate Hulu.
- Now, hold down its app icon until the options menu appears.
- Go to App Info afterward and tap on Storage & Cache.
- Finally, choose Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Once done, re-login to your Hulu account and check if the problem is solved.
5. Update Hulu.
Hulu might already be aware of this issue on their app and could release an update to address the problem. Due to this, we recommend updating Hulu on your device to patch possible bugs and glitches.
Simply go to the Google Play Store or App Store on your device and download the latest version of Hulu.
While you’re there, take the time to update your other app as well to avoid further issues.
6. Check for System Updates.
After updating Hulu, we also recommend updating your device. This way, we can ensure there are no issues on your system and that your device is fully compatible with all the latest applications.
For Android users, follow the guide below to update your system:
- Go to the Settings on your mobile device.
- Next, scroll down to the bottom and tap on About or About Phone.
- Finally, go to the Software Updates tab and follow the prompts if there’s an available update.
If you’re using an iOS device, here’s what you need to do:
- First, open the Settings on your device.
- After that, go to General and tap on Software Update.
- Lastly, choose Download and Install.
Go back to Hulu afterward to check if the problem is solved.
7. Reinstall Hulu.
If none of the solutions above worked for you, we recommend reinstalling Hulu on your device. This way, you can ensure that you have the latest working version of Hulu and there are no missing packages on your device.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to your home screen and locate Hulu.
- Next, press and hold its app icon until the selection menu appears.
- Finally, tap on Uninstall (Android) or Remove App (iOS).
Reinstall Hulu afterward and see if you can now access the library.
That ends our guide for fixing Hulu if it’s stuck on the welcome screen. For your questions and other concerns, please let us know in the comment section, and we’ll do our best to help.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂