Are you stuck on an incorrect password issue on Upwork?
If you’ve been freelancing for a long time now, you probably have an Upwork account to get clients online. Upwork is one of the largest freelancing platforms today, with hundreds of jobs being posted every hour.
Although Upwork’s platform is very beneficial to both clients and freelancers, it is known to have issues, especially its dedicated mobile application.
If you’re reading this right now, it is safe to assume that you are having problems accessing your Upwork account.
Most of the time, the incorrect password issue on Upwork is due to a bug or glitch on your user account. However, you should also consider other factors like server issues, corrupted files, or outdated software when addressing this problem.
Today, we will show you what to do if you’re stuck with the incorrect password issue on Upwork.
Before changing anything on your device, try to visit Upwork’s status page first. Upwork’s servers may be undergoing maintenance, or an unexpected error occurred. If their servers are down, the best thing to do for now is to wait.
However, you can still try the listed methods below and see if anything works out for you.
Let’s get started!
1. Change Your Password and Re-Login.
As mentioned above, your account may have encountered a glitch or error and flags your login credentials as incorrect. If this is the case, try changing your password to refresh its data and re-login to your Upwork account.
Follow the steps below to change your account password.
- First, open Upwork on your browser and enter your username or email address.
- After that, click on Continue and hit the Forgot Password button.
- Now, resolve the captcha and click Send Reset Email.
- Finally, go to your email address and follow the instructions sent by Upwork to reset your password.
Once done, go back to Upwork and try to access your account.
2. Turn Off VPN.
If you are using virtual private network services, try turning it off. While VPNs help keep your data safe, they can also interrupt your network connection and cause other websites to malfunction.
VPNs randomly change your IP address and filter your data through their servers, which can introduce delays and make it difficult for your device to communicate with Upwork’s servers.
Disable your VPN first and try to re-access your Upwork account.
You can also try other VPNs like PureVPN if you prefer to have a VPN running when browsing online. Unlike other virtual private networks, PureVPN keeps your connection fast and stable while protecting your data.
3. Clear Your Browser Cache and Cookies.
Browsers take advantage of your temporary data and use it to improve their performance when loading up websites. These data are called caches and cookies, which can accumulate over time and get corrupted.
If this happens, you can expect an error to occur anytime to the websites you access.
Try to clear your browsing data to eliminate corrupted caches and cookies.
- First, open your browser and click on the Options button located at the top right corner of your display.
- After that, click on Settings and open the Clear Browsing Data tab.
- Now, change the Time Range to All Time and click the checkbox next to ‘Cached Images and Files’ and ‘Cookies and Other Site Data’ to include them in the process.
- Lastly, click on Clear Data.
After clearing your browsing data, go back to Upwork and re-login to your account.
4. Disable Browser Extensions or Try Another Browser.
Extensions or Add-Ons are third-party applications installed on your browser to provide extra features on some websites like video enhancements, account managers, and ad blockers.
However, browser extensions may not be compatible with some websites and can interfere with their existing functions.
If you are stuck with the incorrect password issue on Upwork, try to turn off your browser extensions and see if the problem goes away.
- First, open your browser and navigate to its Settings page.
- After that, click on the Extensions tab to open it.
- Lastly, turn off all your browser extensions and restart your browser.
On the other hand, you can also try using different browsers to access your Upwork account. Your default browser may be having issues at the moment and cannot load websites properly.
5. Check for Updates.
App developers release updates on their application to ensure that it is optimized and errors that may have occurred are addressed. If you are stuck with the incorrect password issue on the Upwork app, try to check for updates.
On Android, you can update Upwork by doing the following:
- First, open the Google Play Store on your Android device, and tap on the Menu button inside the search bar.
- After that, prompt the Play Store to check for updates by tapping on My Apps & Games.
- Find Upwork from the list of applications with an available update and tap the Update button to install it.
For iOS users, follow the steps below to update the Upwork app on your device.
- On your device, go to the home screen and tap on the App Store.
- Now, tap on your Profile icon from the top right corner of your display.
- Lastly, tap on the Update button beside Upwork if there’s an available update.
After the update, go back to Upwork and try accessing your account.
6. Reinstall Upwork.
If you still can’t access your Upwork account, try to reinstall the app on your device. Some of its installation files may have gotten corrupted, and the update cannot fix it anymore.
In this case, we suggest that you just delete the Upwork app from your device and reinstall a working copy.
On Android, follow the steps below to reinstall Upwork.
- First, open your device and find Upwork from the application drawer.
- After that, hold down its app icon until the selection screen shows up.
- Finally, tap on Uninstall to delete the Upwork app from your device.
Once done, go to the Play Store and reinstall Upwork.
For iOS users, see the steps below to reinstall Upwork on your device.
- On your device, go to your home screen and find Upwork.
- Now, press its app icon to access the options menu.
- Lastly, tap on Remove App to uninstall Upwork.
After uninstalling the app, open the App Store and reinstall Upwork.
7. Reset App Cache (Android).
You can also try clearing your app cache if you are stuck with the incorrect password issue on Upwork. Caches consist of images, scripts, and other media files that enhance the performance of applications.
If Upwork’s app cache gets corrupted, errors and other problems can occur on the app.
- First, open the Settings app from your home screen and open the Apps tab.
- After that, find Upwork and open its settings.
- Lastly, tap on Storage and hit the Clear Cache button.
Once done, go back to Upwork and try logging in to your account.
8. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Network-related problems could also be the cause of the incorrect password issue on Upwork. If your internet connection is slow, your device may struggle to communicate with Upwork’s servers, which is essential when accessing your account or using its services.
Try to run a speed test using Fast.com to measure your network’s current upload and download bandwidth.
If the result shows that your connection is indeed the problem, try to refresh the link with your ISP’s servers by restarting your router.
Once done, re-run the test on your network to check if it is now running correctly. If you continue to experience your network problems, contact your service provider and ask them to fix the issue.
9. Try Using Fiverr.
If you are looking for an alternative freelancing platform, try using Fiverr.
They have a secured payment channel that takes hold of your client’s funds and releases them to you once you’ve delivered the project. Fiverr has 24/7 customer support that is ready to help you anytime you encounter problems on their platform.
Use Fiverr now and get more clients faster!
10. Report the Problem to Upwork.
If you’re still stuck with the incorrect password issue on Upwork, we recommend that you allow the experts to take over.
Visit Upwork’s support page and contact their customer service. When asking for help, ensure that you include important details like your account information and a screenshot of the problem to make it easier for their team to understand the situation.
This brings us to the end of our guide in fixing the incorrect password issue on Upwork. If you have any questions in mind, please let us know in the comment section below, and we’ll do our best to help you out.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂