Wondering how to increase or decrease the font size in Notepad++?
Font size matters. Better believe it!
Ideally, it should be big enough for readers to read comfortably, yet not so large that it cannot fit in the frame. Luckily, Notepad++ allows you to increase and decrease the font sizes in a few simple steps!
Notepad++ is an excellent replacement for the default text editor of Windows, Notepad. It is an outstanding, open-source plain text editor that comes with a wide range of useful features, such as syntax highlighting, bookmarks, file system navigation, bookmarks, code folding, spell checking, themes, customizable hotkeys, searching, replacing, and more.
In this guide, we will walk you through some easy methods of increasing or decreasing the font size in Notepad++.
Let’s get started!
1. Modify the Font Size of Notepad ++
If you want to increase or decrease the font size in Notepad ++, then the easiest way of doing so is by modifying the Notepad ++ settings.
Unlike most other text editors, you cannot change the font size on Notepad ++ using the toolbar. It can be adjusted by making changes in the Notepad ++ settings.
Here is what you need to do:
- Launch Notepad ++ on your PC and click on File from the ribbon menu.
- Select Open from the list of options available and select the file of which you wish to change the font size.
- Now hold the Ctrl key and if you want to increase the font size, then move the scroll wheel of your mouse up. If you want to decrease it, move the scroll down.
- Alternatively, you can also select Settings from the ribbon menu and click on Style Configurator.
- Locate font style in the next window and choose your required size.
- Once done, click on Save & Close.
This should change the font size in Notepad ++ without any issues.
2. Change the Font Size for Tabs.
Currently, the font size of tabs in Notepad ++ is extremely small by default.
A while ago, several users faced the issue of the tab font size in Notepad ++ being huge. This typically happened after they installed the Visual Studio Code (Microsoft) on their PCs.
In case you are facing either of these issues (tab font size being too small or too large) here is how you can change it according to your own preferences:
- Launch Notepad ++ and open any text file.
- Select Settings from the ribbon menu and click on Preferences.
- Now if you want to decrease the tab font size, checkmark the box associated with Reduce. If you want to increase it, uncheck the box against Reduce.
- Finally, click on Close to save the changes you just made.
Hopefully, doing so will change the tab font size without any issues.
3. Try Using CleanMyPC.
Should the methods in this guide not work over and over again, your computer may be infected with corruption errors that prevent certain operations from being performed. If this scenario is applicable, do not worry because we have just the right solution for you.
Cleaning your PC using CleanMyPC is recommended due to the way it scans for issues, identifies them, and then attempts to resolve them automatically!
It not only fixes this problem but also all other PC issues, like slow performance and sluggish boot time, thanks to CleanMyPC’s wide range of system-maintenance tools.
All that you need to do is install the tool and run a scan using it. It will take care of the rest!
4. Restore the Zoom Feature to Default.
If the methods of changing the font size are not working for you, then there is a possibility that it is not the font size that needs to be changed but the Zoom feature.
The Zoom feature of Notepad ++ can also make the text appear larger or smaller, and if you are having issues with the text size, then try restoring the Zoom feature to its default state.
Here is how you can do that:
- Launch Notepad ++ on your PC and open a text file.
- Click on View from the ribbon menu and select Zoom > Restore Default Zoom.
As simple as that!
This should restore the Zoom feature to default.
This brings us to the end of our guide on ways to increase or decrease the font size in Notepad++. We tried walking you through all the steps in detail and hope that one of the methods mentioned in this post did the trick for you. In case you still have any confusion about the troubleshooting steps, please let us know in the comment section below!
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂