Want to know how you can fix the internet error on PUBG Mobile?
PUBG Mobile is one of the most popular online multiplayer battle royale games developed by PUBG Corporation. It was first released in 2018 for mobile devices and has since become one of the best mobile games.
Like its PC counterpart, PUBG Mobile puts players on an island and must fight until one person or team remains.
Despite being around for several years, PUBG Mobile can still run into errors.
One of the most common issues with PUBG Mobile is the internet error. This occurs randomly while playing the game and could cause the game to hang, lag, or crash.
There are several reasons why this problem occurs on PUBG Mobile. Some common issues include server errors, connection timeouts, and high ping. These errors can be caused by poor network connection, server-related problems, or improper configurations.
To help you out, we’ve decided to make a guide on how to fix the internet error on PUBG Mobile.
Let’s get right into it!
1. Restart Your Device.
Before changing anything, we suggest restarting your device first if you encounter an internet error on PUBG Mobile. This should reload your resources and refresh the connection with your network.
- First, locate the Power button on your device.
- Next, hold down the Power button until the selection screen appears.
- Lastly, tap on Restart to begin the process.
- On your device, access the Assistive Touch and go to the Device tab.
- After that, tap on More.
- Finally, choose the Restart option and wait for your device to reboot.
Once done, relaunch PUBG Mobile to check if the problem is solved.
2. Check PUBG Servers.
Since PUBG Mobile is an online game, it relies on its servers to deliver features and connect you with other players. If the servers are down, it can trigger an internet error, preventing you from accessing the game.
To confirm this, we recommend using third-party sites like Downdetector to view the current status of PUBG Mobile.
If there are reported issues with the game, the best thing you can do is wait. Sadly, server-related problems can only be addressed on PUBG’s end. On the other hand, you can proceed to the next solution if there’s nothing wrong with the servers.
3. Check Your Connection.
A slow internet connection could also be the reason you encounter an internet error on PUBG Mobile. To rule this out, try running a speed test using Fast.com to measure your network’s performance.
If the result indicates a problem with your connection, power cycle your router to re-establish the link with your ISP. Disconnect your router from the outlet and wait for at least five seconds before plugging it back in.
Once done, perform another test to confirm if your network is stable. If not, contact your service provider and ask them to fix the issue.
You can also switch to cellular data in the meantime if you continue to encounter problems with your connection.
4. Update PUBG Mobile.
The version of PUBG Mobile you’re using might have an underlying issue that prevents you from connecting with the servers. If this is the case, you can try updating PUBG Mobile to patch bugs and other errors.
- Launch Google Play Store on your device.
- After that, tap on your Profile and access the Manage Apps & Device tab.
- From there, go to the Updates Available page and locate PUBG Mobile.
- Hit the Update button beside the app to start the process.
- First, go to the App Store on your iOS device.
- Next, open your Profile and look for PUBG Mobile on the list.
- Lastly, tap the Update button to install the latest version.
Try running the game again to check if the problem is solved.
5. Change DNS.
Users reported that they were able to solve the internet error on PUBG Mobile by switching to Google’s DNS. It’s possible that your provider is experiencing issues at the moment, causing unstable internet connections.
- Go to your app drawer and tap on Settings.
- After that, go to Connections > WiFi.
- Now, tap the Gear icon beside your network.
- Tap on View More and set your IP Settings to Static.
- Finally, change DNS 1 to 220.127.116.11 and DNS 2 to 18.104.22.168.
- Go to your home screen and open Settings.
- Next, go to Wi-Fi and tap on the (i) icon next to your network.
- Choose Configure DNS and tap on Manual.
- Lastly, tap on Add Server and input these values:
Once done, relaunch PUBG Mobile and see if the internet error would still occur.
6. Clear PUBG Mobile Data (Android).
For PUBG Mobile fans who use an Android device, you can try clearing the game’s app data if you still encounter an internet error. This should eliminate corrupted data from your device and ensure there’s no issue with PUBG’s resources.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On your home screen, locate PUBG Mobile and press its app icon until the selection menu shows up.
- Next, tap on App Info and access the Storage tab.
- Finally, tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Re-login to your PUBG Mobile account and check if the problem is solved.
7. Reinstall PUBG Mobile.
If you still encounter problems with PUBG Mobile, we recommend reinstalling the game on your device. This should ensure that the game is installed correctly and there are no missing resources.
See the steps below to remove PUBG Mobile:
- First, go to your app drawer or home screen and find PUBG Mobile.
- After that, hold down its app icon until the selection menu appears.
- Lastly, tap on Remove App (iOS) or Uninstall (Android) to delete it.
Once done, go to the App Store or Play Store to install the latest version of the game.
8. Contact PUBG Mobile.
At this point, we recommend that you seek help from the experts if none of the solutions above work. There might be an issue with your account that needs action on their end, or they can provide other solutions.
Head to PUBG Mobile’s support page and submit a ticket regarding the issue you’ve been experiencing. If possible, try to include a screenshot of the error you encounter.
That wraps up our guide on how to fix the internet error on PUBG Mobile. If you have comments, requests, or suggestions, please drop a comment below, and we’ll do our best to respond.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂