Want to fix the keyboard glitch on iOS 15?
The keyboard is an essential component of your phone. From texting back your friends to browsing the internet, almost everything on your device requires the use of a keyboard. That’s why users face tremendous problems when their keyboard starts acting up, resulting in misspelled words and delayed keyboard opening and closing.
Many people reported having a keyboard lag on iOS 14, so with the release of a later software version of iOS 15, we expected the issue to have been resolved. However, that was not the case, and many still complained about a similar situation, even with iOS 15 patch updates.
So, in this guide, we’ll cover a variety of methods that you can utilize to resolve the keyboard glitch on iOS 15. Keep reading till the end to get your iPhone keyboard to start functioning properly once more.
Let’s get started!
1. Reset Keyboard Dictionary.
As your keyboard data transfers from iOS 14 to 15 while updating your iPhone, it may face some compatibility issues, which may cause keyboard glitches to appear. So, the first troubleshooting method through which you can fix the keyboard glitch on iOS 15 is by resetting the Keyboard Dictionary.
Before proceeding with this option, understand that the Keyboard Dictionary will be reset to its default settings and that any custom words you’ve added over time will be deleted.
Follow these steps to do it:
- Open the Settings app from the home screen of your iPhone.
- Go to General, scroll down and choose Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Next, tap on Reset and select Keyboard Dictionary.
- After entering your phone’s passcode, tap Reset Dictionary to confirm.
2. Turn Off Predictive Text.
One of the common causes behind a keyboard glitch on iOS 15 is the predictive text feature. Although it’s a great function that suggests the next words you can use depending on the words you’ve typed, it can sometimes slow down your keyboard’s response speed, resulting in poor performance.
What you can do if such an issue arises is to disable the predictive keyboard function. So, to do so, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings from your Apple device.
- Select General and tap on Keyboard.
- Lastly, turn off the toggle for Predictive.
3. Reboot Your Device.
The simplest way to get rid of the keyboard glitches is to perform a hard reboot on your iPhone. As temporary files clog up your phone’s space, you may experience keyboard lagging, along with overall poor performance.
A force restart gives your device a fresh start, getting rid of all the unnecessary files and minor glitches. So, before you think about performing anything major to fix your issue, you should always give this method a try.
Here’s how to do it:
- Press and hold the Volume Up button and release it.
- Similarly, press and hold the Volume Down button and let it go.
- Now, press and hold the Side button and wait for the Apple logo to appear.
- Then, release the Side button.
Hopefully, this will fix your problem. If it doesn’t, try other methods mentioned in this guide.
4. Disable Reduce Motion.
If your keyboard takes longer to appear as you open it and lags afterward, one possible cause may be the Reduce Motion function. This feature enables you to save battery life by reducing phone movements, including the keyboard opening and closing. Consider disabling this feature to get rid of the keyboard glitch on iOS 15.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Head to the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap on Accessibility.
- Now, locate and select Motion.
- At last, turn the toggle off for Reduce Motion.
After that, check to see if this fixes your keyboard problems. If they persist, continue to the next method from this guide.
5. Force Stop the App.
Sometimes, a temporary bug within the system may interfere with the functionality of the keyboard, ultimately resulting in keyboard glitches. In such cases, you should first determine the problematic app and close it. After a while, restart it and check if your issue is resolved.
To force stop the app that’s causing the problem, perform these steps below:
- Start by swiping up from the bottom of your screen to launch the app switcher.
- Next, swipe up from the app that you wish to close.
- After a while, re-open the app from the app drawer.
6. Disable All Keyboard Settings.
Apart from the Prediction function, your phone’s keyboard contains various customization options that are useful in several ways. These include smart punctuation, spelling check, auto capitalization, etc. So, if you’re facing a keyboard glitch on iOS 15, disabling these from the keyboard settings on your iPhone can also resolve your problem.
You may either turn these options off one by one or disable them all to fix the keyboard glitching issue.
- From the Settings app, tap on General.
- Choose Keyboard.
- Now, turn the toggle off for these options one after another:
7. Update to the Latest iOS Version.
Even with iOS 15, you’re bound to get a few bugs and glitches in your software. To fix these issues, Apple releases patch updates regularly. So, if you still haven’t updated to the recently released iOS 15.6, now is the right time to do it to solve the keyboard lag.
To install the latest version of iOS on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open Settings and choose General.
- Now, tap on Software Update.
- Let the screen load first, and tap on Download and Install if you see a pending update.
8. Reset Your iPhone.
If none of the methods from this guide worked, your last resort to the keyboard glitch on iOS 15 is to reset your iPhone. In this way, any bug or glitch in your operating system that may be causing the keyboard lag will be eliminated.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Settings app and tap on General.
- After that, scroll all the way down and select Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Now, tap on Reset and select Reset All Settings.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to continue resetting your device.
This is the end of our guide on how to fix the keyboard glitch on iOS 15. We hope that this guide proved to be useful in resolving your issue. Moreover, if you have more questions, ask us in the comments section below. We’ll make sure to provide further assistance.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 😊