Are you encountering the error Location Not Available on iPhone?
Location sharing with friends and family has become a norm in today’s world, whether for security purposes or keeping them updated on your whereabouts. Apple has taken a step further and developed a dedicated application called Find My for this purpose. However, you can also share your location through Messages and numerous social media platforms.
But what if the whole point of sharing your location goes missing as you start encountering the Location Not Available on iPhone error? The issue may be both in your device and your friend’s, and that’s what you must identify to resolve the problem.
Luckily, we have all the related information you need on the Location Not Available on iPhone error. So look no further and simply follow through this detailed guide on various fixes you’d have to apply.
Now, let’s jump straight in!
1. Ensure Your Network Connectivity.
Before we go straight to some of the fixes for the stated error, let’s first ensure you have a working internet. If you use Cellular Data, ensure the signal strength is enough to load data on your iPhone. On the other hand, if you use Wi-Fi, check if it’s working on other devices.
You can also use an online tool to check the internet speed on your device. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Go to Speedtest by Ookla.
- Click on GO from the center of the screen.
- Wait for the process to finish, then check your internet strength in Mbps.
If your network type isn’t working properly, try switching to the other option and see if that resolves the error. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Settings from your iPhone.
- Tap on Wi-Fi and turn the toggle off for Wi-Fi.
- Head back and select Cellular.
- Finally, turn the toggle on for Cellular Data.
Once done, check whether your location is now available or not.
2. Force Quit the App.
If the problem isn’t in your network connection, it could be in the application. Oftentimes, glitches or bugs may find their way into software, affecting its proper functionality. The easiest way to eliminate them is by restarting the program. This helps to clear all temporary data within the app and refreshes its access to essential resources.
If you’re only encountering the Location Not Available on iPhone error on one or two applications, this method is for you. Below are the instructions you need to follow:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone’s screen to access the App Launcher.
- Next, swipe right or left to get to the app on which the location is not working.
- Now, swipe up from the app’s preview to force quit it.
After a while, launch the app from your device’s home screen and see whether the location is working or not. Otherwise, consider restarting your iPhone by following the next method mentioned in this guide.
3. Restart Your iPhone.
Temporary bugs may also infect your entire device and not just a single application. You can predict this situation if the Location Not Available on iPhone error occurs on all programs and for all your contacts.
If that’s the case, you can try restarting your iPhone and see if that resolves the problem. When you do so, your device will remove all saved cache within the system, eliminating any potential bug that resides there. All your applications and services will start afresh, and hopefully, the shared location will become accessible.
Use the instructions below to restart your iPhone:
- To begin, press and hold the Side button or either of the Volume buttons on your device.
- Release the Side button once the slider shows up.
- Next, drag the slider to the right to power off your iPhone.
- Restart it by pressing and holding the Side button again, and let go once as you see the Apple logo on your screen.
4. Ensure Location Services Is Enabled.
It’s not always that the culprit exists in your device. Sometimes, your friend’s device settings might be responsible for you getting the Location Not Available on iPhone. Hence, you should ask them to ensure that Location Services are enabled from their end. Only then you’ll be able to receive their location.
Just to be safe, also check that you’ve enabled Location Services on your device. Here’s how:
- Launch Settings from your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on Privacy & Security.
- Tap on Location Services.
- Finally, ensure that the toggle for Location Services is on. If not, switch it on.
5. Ensure Share My Location Is Enabled.
The Location Services feature lets your device use your location to provide related functions. Even if that’s enabled, your location won’t be shared unless you also turn on the Share My Location option. So, when you encounter the error Location Not Available on iPhone, ask the sender to ensure they have the feature enabled.
Below are the steps they’ll need to follow:
- Head to the Settings app.
- Next, scroll down and select Privacy & Security.
- Now, go to Location Services and tap on Share My Location.
- Lastly, switch on the toggle for Share My Location.
6. Ensure the Date & Time Is Correct.
If you or the sender have incorrectly configured the date and time settings on your iPhone, it will result in several types of errors. This is because each region in the world has its own time zone. When you change the time or date on your device, the iPhone will set the region of your device based on the settings you choose.
For this reason, we recommend you and your friend allow the date and time to be set automatically according to your current location to fix the issue. Here’s how to do it:
- To start, tap on Settings from your friend’s iPhone.
- Go to General.
- After that, scroll down and tap on Date & Time.
- Turn the toggle on next to Set Automatically to correct your date & time.
This sums up our guide on how to fix the Location Not Available on iPhone error. In case of any confusion or questions, use the comments section below. We’ll be more than happy to provide further assistance.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 😊