Wondering why MetaMask is not showing your correct wallet balance?
While being decentralized is one of the best parts of cryptocurrency, it is also the riskiest thing about it. Since banks or the government does not manage cryptocurrencies, you’re responsible for your wallet’s security.
This means that if you get hacked, it’s almost impossible for you to recover your money.
Due to this, investing in a good crypto wallet is crucial if you want to invest in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
One of the best software-based wallets you can use is MetaMask.
It was initially developed to manage Ethereum tokens, but you can now use it even for Bitcoin and other cryptos. MetaMask is a secure wallet where you can store your cryptocurrencies and conveniently access them using your browser or mobile phone.
However, MetaMask is not flawless, and you might face issues while using the platform.
If you are here, you’re probably worried because MetaMask is not sowing the correct wallet balance on your account.
Today, we’ll show you how to address this issue on your MetaMask wallet.
Let’s get started!
1. Restart Your Browser.
Before changing your configurations, you can try restarting your browser first if MetaMask does not reflect your crypto wallet’s correct balance. Your browser may have run into temporary errors while loading the MetaMask extension, explaining the issue.
Close your current browser and wait for at least five seconds before launching it again on your computer.
2. Restart Your Computer.
If restarting your browser did not work, try restarting your entire system. This should reload your system resources and eliminate temporary errors that may have occurred during use.
On Windows, here’s what you need to do:
- First, open the Start Menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Next, access the Power Options tab.
- Lastly, click Restart.
For Mac users, see the guide below to restart your computer:
- On your Mac, access the Apple Menu in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Now, choose the Restart option.
- Finally, click Restart again to confirm your action.
Check your MetaMask wallet afterward to see if the problem is solved.
3. Re-Login to Your MetaMask Account.
Your account data may have gotten corrupted, causing MetaMask to reflect the wrong or outdated wallet balance. To fix this, log out of your current session to force MetaMask to reload your data.
Here’s how you can log out of your MetaMask wallet:
- Access the MetaMask extension on your web browser.
- Next, click on your Profile in the upper right corner of the window.
- Finally, hit the Lock button to stop your session.
Once done, wait for 5-10 seconds before logging back into your MetaMask account.
4. Update Your Browser.
There might be an issue with your browser which causes browser extensions to malfunction. To rule this out, we recommend updating your web browser to patch potential bugs and glitches on your system.
- Click on More Options in the upper right corner of the window and choose Settings.
- After that, click About on the side menu.
- Finally, follow the prompts if there’s a new version of Google Chrome available.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch Firefox on your computer.
- Next, click on the Menu button in the upper right corner of the window.
- Click on the Help button at the bottom of the window and choose About Firefox.
- Finally, follow the prompts to install the update.
Go back to MetaMask afterward to check if the problem is solved.
5. Clear Your Browser Cache.
You can also try clearing your browser cache if MetaMask is not displaying your wallet balance. This should reset your MetaMask data and eliminate corrupted files from your browsing cache.
See the steps below to clear your browsing cache:
- First, open your preferred web browser.
- After that, press CTRL + H on your keyboard to access the History tab.
- Now, click on Clear Browsing Data.
- On the next page, change the Time Range tab to All Time and include caches and cookies in the process.
- Lastly, hit the Clear Data button to start.
Re-login to your MetaMask account afterward and check if the problem is solved.
6. Reinstall MetaMask.
At this point, you can try reinstalling the MetaMask extension on your browser. This should ensure that you have the latest working version of MetaMask and it is installed correctly on your browser.
Here’s how you can remove MetaMask on your browser:
- On your computer, launch your preferred browser and go to Settings.
- Next, click on the Extensions tab on the side menu.
- Finally, find MetaMask and click on Remove.
Once done, reinstall MetaMask and check if the problem is solved.
7. Report the Issue.
If MetaMask is still not showing your wallet balance, we recommend reporting the matter to their team.
Visit MetaMask’s support page and contact their customer service to ask for assistance regarding your account. When asking for help, make sure to provide all the necessary details on your report to make it easier for their team to assess the situation.
That ends our guide on how to fix MetaMask if it’s not showing your wallet balance. If you have questions, please drop a comment below, and we’ll do our best to help.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂