Can’t figure out why MetaMask is not working on Decentraland?
MetaMask is a browser plugin that functions as an Ethereum wallet and can be installed on Google Chrome, Brave, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. Once the extension is installed, users can store their Ether and other ERC-20 tokens.
This allows them to make transactions to any Ethereum address.
After connecting to Ethereum-based apps, you can now spend your coins in games, stake tokens in gambling platforms, or trade them on various exchanges.
If you’re reading this, you are probably planning to invest in virtual lands on Decentraland. However, you have found out that your MetaMask crypto wallet is not working on the platform, preventing you from making a purchase.
Based on what we know, this issue can be due to software-related issues or corrupted account data.
To help out, we’ve decided to make a guide on how to fix MetaMask if it’s not working on Decentraland.
Let’s get right into it!
1. Restart Your System.
As a regular practice, we always suggest users to restart their system first if they encounter issues on MetaMask or other platforms. This way, they can ensure that the issue is not caused by a temporary bug or glitch in their system.
For Windows, here’s how you can restart it:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start Menu.
- Next, access the Power Options tab.
- Finally, choose Restart from the selection menu.
If you’re using a Mac, see the guide below to restart it:
- First, open the Apple Menu in the upper left corner of your screen.
- After that, choose Restart.
- Lastly, click the Restart button on the dialog box.
Go back to MetaMask afterward to check if it’s working on Decentraland.
2. Update Your Browser.
If restarting your system does not work, it may indicate an issue with your browser. In this case, we suggest updating your web browser to the latest version possible to patch potential bugs and glitches.
- Launch Google Chrome on your computer and access the Settings.
- Next, go to About Chrome on the side menu.
- Finally, follow the prompts if there’s an available update.
- Launch Firefox on your computer.
- Next, click on the Menu button in the upper right corner of the window.
- Click on the Help button at the bottom of the window and choose About Firefox.
- Finally, follow the prompts to install the update.
Once done, restart your browser and check if MetaMask is working on Decentraland.
3. Re-Login to Your Account.
You can try signing out of your current session to force MetaMask to refresh your account data. This should also prompt the extension to check for updates.
Here’s what you need to do:
- First, open your preferred browser and access the MetaMask extension.
- After that, click on your Profile on the upper right corner.
- Lastly, choose the Lock option to sign out of your account.
After a few seconds, enter your password to log back in.
Try using MetaMask to purchase some lands on Decentraland to check if the problem is solved.
4. Change MetaMask Permissions.
MetaMask might not be allowed to access Decentraland’s website on your browser, causing it to fail. To fix this, check your browser permissions and ensure that MetaMask is allowed to access Decentraland.
Check out the steps below to guide you on the process:
- On your browser, right-click on MetaMask and choose Manage Extension.
- After that, look for the Site Access tab.
- Finally, change it to ‘On All Sites’.
Go back to Decentraland afterward and check if the problem is solved.
5. Change Your DNS (Windows).
For Windows users, you can try changing your DNS address if you can’t use MetaMask on Decentraland. Your ISP’s default DNS could be suffering from technical issues, causing some sites to malfunction.
See the guide below to change your DNS:
- First, access the Start Menu and look for ‘View Network Connections’.
- Click on Open to view the available networks on your system.
- Now, right-click on your current network and choose Properties.
- Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4. Enable the ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’ option and input the following:
- Preferred DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
- Alternate DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
- Once done, hit OK to save the changes.
Try using MetaMask on Decentraland again to check if the problem is solved.
6. Try Another Browser.
Your current web browser might be experiencing technical issues at the moment, causing Metamask to malfunction. To confirm this, try using a different browser like Firefox or Brave to check if the same issue occurs.
If you can use MetaMask without issues on other browsers, it means that your current internet browser is faulty.
7. Reinstall MetaMask.
Corrupted or missing installation files could also be why MetaMask is not working on Decentraland. To fix this, you can try reinstalling the extension on your browser to ensure that everything’s in order.
Check out the guide below to remove MetaMask:
- First, open your browser and access the Settings.
- After that, click on the Extensions tab from the side menu.
- Lastly, locate MetaMask and click on Remove.
Once done, reinstall the extension on your browser.
8. Contact MetaMask.
At this point, the last thing you can do is ask for assistance from the experts.
Visit MetaMask’s support page and get in touch with their team to report the issue you’ve been experiencing with Decentraland. Provide all the necessary details on your report to help MetaMask assess the situation faster.
That ends our guide on how to fix MetaMask if it’s not working on Decentraland. If you have questions, drop a comment below, and we’ll be here to help.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂