Wondering why your microphone and audio are not working on Clubhouse?
Clubhouse is the latest social media platform that focuses on voice chat rooms where users can collaborate and discuss various topics. Usually, events hosted on Clubhouse are related to business, stocks, self-improvement, or anything that brings value.
Since the app is focused on audio chats, you must have a working microphone and audio. Now, if the microphone or audio is not working on Clubhouse, it can affect your activity on the platform and struggle to contribute to the event you’ve joined.
Most of the time, this problem is caused by improper permissions on your device or corrupted installation files that affect the performance of Clubhouse.
To help you troubleshoot this issue, we’ve decided to make a guide in fixing the microphone and audio if it is not working on the Clubhouse app.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Clubhouse Servers.
Whenever you encounter Clubhouse or any platform problems, we always suggest that you check its current status first. This way, you will know if the issue is with Clubhouse or your device.
To check Clubhouse’s status, visit their official Twitter account, where their team is active in giving updates about the platform.
If Clubhouse’s servers are down, the best thing to do for now is to wait. However, you can still try the remaining methods below and see if anything works out.
2. Force Close Background Running Apps.
Other applications running on your device might be using the microphone and speakers, explaining why it is not working on Clubhouse. To ensure that your mic and speakers are available for Clubhouse, close any application running in the background.
Follow the steps below to force close apps on iOS:
- First, swipe upwards from the bottom of your display to access the application switcher.
- After that, identify the apps that could be using your microphone and speakers.
- Lastly, flick each application to stop it from running in the background.
For older iOS devices without an all-screen display, you can access the application switcher by tapping the home button twice.
Once done, go back to Clubhouse and check if your microphone and audio are now working.
3. Enable Clubhouse Permissions.
If your microphone is not working, it could indicate that Clubhouse struggles to connect with the hardware due to permission issues.
Before joining a room on the platform, go to your device settings and ensure that Clubhouse has the proper permissions to access your microphone.
See the steps below to grant permission to Clubhouse to access your microphone:
- First, go to your home screen and tap on the Settings app to launch it.
- After that, scroll down to the bottom and tap on Clubhouse.
- Lastly, make sure the Microphone is turned on.
After tweaking your permissions settings, go back to Clubhouse and join another event to see if your audio and mic work.
4. Check Your Screen Time Restrictions.
If you cannot access the microphone and audio on Clubhouse, check your screen time settings and ensure that you don’t have any app limits currently set. iOS devices allow users to limit their phones, which can help parents manage their child’s device.
However, if you are not using screen time features on your device, follow the steps below to ensure that Clubhouse is not restricted:
- First, open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Next, tap on Screen Time.
- Finally, go to the App Limits tab and make sure that Clubhouse is not included.
Once done, restart the Clubhouse app and see if your microphone and audio are now working.
5. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Your internet connection could be running slow, and the Clubhouse app is struggling to process the incoming data from the chat rooms. To check if your connection is the problem, perform a test using Fast.com to measure its current upload and download speed.
If the test shows that your internet is unstable, restart your router to re-establish your ISP’s connection. Unplug your network router’s power cable from the outlet and wait for 10 seconds before plugging it back in.
After the restart, perform another test to check if your connection is now running correctly. If you continue to experience network-related issues, please contact your service provider to let them know about the problem.
6. Try Using Other Applications.
If your microphone and audio are not working on Clubhouse, try using other applications to see if the problem is with Clubhouse or your device.
Go to your home screen and open the Voice Memos application. After that, record audio using your device and play it afterward. If the microphone works fine, the problem is with the Clubhouse app.
7. Try Using Transistor.
Can’t host your events on Clubhouse because your microphone and audio are not working? Try using other platforms like Transistor.
Transistor is a podcast hosting service that helps individuals distribute their audio recordings on popular podcast platforms like Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Google Podcasts. You can also generate an RSS feed using Transistor to embed your episodes to any website.
Signup for a 14-day free trial today and experience the platform for yourself.
8. Re-Login to Your Account.
Temporary errors that occur on the platform may have caused your user data to get corrupted. If this is the case, you need to refresh your current session by signing out of your account to fix the issue.
Follow the steps below to log out of your Clubhouse account:
- First, launch the Clubhouse app from your home screen.
- After that, tap on your Profile icon and open the Settings tab.
- Lastly, tap on Log Out to sign out your account.
Once done, wait for several minutes before logging back into your Clubhouse account.
9. Reinstall the Clubhouse App.
If you still cannot use Clubhouse because the mic or audio is not working, we suggest that you reinstall the app from your iOS device. Some of its installation files may have gotten corrupted during a failed update or when its servers went down.
To uninstall Clubhouse, follow the steps below to help you out:
- On your home screen, locate the Clubhouse app.
- Next, press its app icon until the options menu shows up on your screen.
- Finally, tap the Remove App button to delete Clubhouse.
Once done, launch the App Store on your iOS device and reinstall Clubhouse from there. Go back to Clubhouse afterward and see if the problem is solved.
10. Update Your Device.
Your device’s operating system could be suffering from an error or bug that causes your microphone and audio not to work. Apple may already be aware of this issue and could roll out an update to patch it.
Check out the guide below to update your iOS device:
- First, open the Settings app from your home screen.
- Inside the Settings, tap on the General tab.
- Lastly, tap on Software Update and follow the on-screen prompts to install the software update on your device.
After updating your device, go back to Clubhouse and check if the problem is solved.
11. Refer to Our Other Guides Below.
Are you experiencing other issues on Clubhouse? Refer to our other guides below and see if you can find anything useful.
- Clubhouse App Invite Not Working? Here’s the Fix!
- Clubhouse App Feed Not Loading? Here’s the Fix!
- How to Invite People on Clubhouse App: Step-By-Step Guide.
- Fix: ‘The request timed out’ on Clubhouse App.
- Fix: ‘Our systems have detected high usage of this feature’ on Clubhouse App.
- How to Get Clubhouse App Invite: Step-By-Step Guide.
- Fix: ‘Our servers are struggling, and your request failed’ on Clubhouse App.
- Fix: ‘The network connection was lost’ on Clubhouse App.
- How to Create Events in Clubhouse App (Scheduled Chat Rooms): Step-By-Step Guide.
- Fix: ‘This room is full’ on Clubhouse App.
- How to Start Room in Clubhouse App: Step-By-Step Guide.
- Cannot Connect Twitter or Instagram to Clubhouse App? Here’s the Fix.
- How to Connect Twitter and Instagram to Clubhouse App: Step-By-Step.
- Fix: ‘Sorry, you can’t create a club!” on Clubhouse App.
- How to Create a Club on Clubhouse App: Step-By-Step.
- Fix: ‘Poor connection” Issue on Clubhouse App.
- Profile Photo Not Updating on Clubhouse App? Here’s The Fix!
- Fix: Contact Not Showing/Available to Invite in Clubhouse App.
- Fix: Cannot Log In Clubhouse App.
- Profile Bio Not Updating on Clubhouse App? Here’s The Fix!
- Fix: Not Getting Verification Code on Clubhouse App.
- Fix: ‘That room is no longer available’ Error on Clubhouse App.
- How to Get More Followers on Clubhouse App: Step-By-Step Guide.
- Fix: ‘Unable to load invite information’ Error on Clubhouse App.
- Clubhouse App Not Working: Step-By-Step Guide.
12. Report the Problem to Clubhouse.
If your microphone and audio are still not working on Clubhouse, we recommend that you reach out to their team and ask for help.
Visit their customer support page and submit a ticket about the issue. Fill out the necessary details on the form and provide a screenshot of the problem if possible. Make sure to include your account details, the event you are trying to join, and the iOS device you use on the report.
You can also visit Clubhouse’s Knowledge Center and check their FAQs page for possible answers.
This wraps up our guide in fixing the microphone and audio if it is not working on Clubhouse. If you have any questions in mind, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to help you out.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂