Are you curious to see your most-used apps on your iPhone?
Admit it or not, we are glued to our phones most of the time. Picking up our phones is almost like a reflex action.
According to a survey, the average screen time of a person is between five to six hours every day. This does not even include the work-related use of the smartphone. Meanwhile, the average number of phone pick-ups per day is 58 times. Are you also spending this amount of time on your phone?
So now you want to find out, what is it that makes me glued to my phone? We use our phones in many different ways. We use it for entertainment, communicate with friends and family, or even do some work.
But you may also ask, how many hours do I spend using each app?
Today, we will show you how to find the most-used apps on your iPhone.
Let’s dive right in!
How to Use Screen Time?
Apple launched Screen Time back in 2018 as part of iOS12. This feature allows users to track their iPhone usage, app per app. If this feature isn’t turned on yet on your iPhone, here’s how you can enable it.
- Launch the Settings of your phone, and go to Screen Time.
- Next, click Turn On Screen Time.
- Finally, you’ll see two options: This is My iPhone or My child’s iPhone. Select whichever suits your situation.
After that, Screen Time should be enabled on your iPhone.
Now that you have enabled Screen Time on your iPhone, let’s move on to how you can check your most-used apps using the Screen Time feature.
- First, open the Settings on your phone.
- Inside the Settings, look for Screen Time, and open it.
- Upon accessing Screen Time, you will first see a chart of your daily average screen time. Note that this resets every Sunday.
- After that, click on See All Activity to view your phone usage for the day. There is also an option to view your weekly screen time, simply tap the Week tab on the upper part of your screen. You can also notice that the graph is color-coded according to categories.
- Finally, scroll down until you see the Most-used Apps section.
Apple has made it easier to track your most-used apps using the Screen Time feature. Your iPhone will list down the apps, and the most-used will appear on top. You can also see how many minutes or hours you have spent using a particular app.
At the end of the week, Screen Time will also notify you of your average screen time for the week.
How to Limit App Usage on Your iPhone?
Now that you are aware of the time you spend on each app, you might realize that you’ve been spending so much time on your iPhone. The good news is, you can limit your app usage using the Screen Time app too.
Follow the steps below to limit your app usage:
- On the main page of the Screen Time app, tap on App Limits.
- Now, tap on Add Limits.
- After that, choose the apps that you want to limit. You can also restrict an entire category of applications if you wish to.
- Finally, click Add on the upper right side of the screen and set the limit based on your preferences.
Once you reach the time limit you’ve set, you won’t be able to access the app you restricted. The limit resets every day at midnight, so don’t worry, you can use the app again after that! You can also customize the app limit per day by accessing the Customize Days option.
Now, if you need another validation of which apps you are using a lot, Screen Time also lets you see the number of pickups and notifications you get per app.
On the main page of Screen Time, scroll down until you see the Pickups and Notifications section. Pickups will let you know how many times your phone has been picked up, as well as the first apps that you used after each pickup.
On the other hand, Notifications count the number of notifications that you have in a day.
Check Out Dr.Fone
Have you noticed your phone draining battery fast?
Well, you may have some system errors or unused apps and caches lying around. Thankfully, Dr.Fone has you covered with its all-in-one mobile tool that allows you to manage your files, backup data, and permanently erase your data.
Dr.Fone also has a System Repair Tool for iOS and Android devices, which can eliminate any issues that cause your device to drain the battery fast.
Check Your App Usage Through Battery Settings.
iOS users can also check their most-used applications by checking their battery stats in the settings. Aside from showing your battery health, you can also view your average screen time on this page and the apps that use your battery the most.
Here’s how you can access this page:
- First, go to the Settings of your iOS device.
- After that, access the Battery tab.
- Now, scroll down, and you should see the apps that you’ve used the most.
- Lastly, you can switch between ‘Show Battery Usage’ and ‘Show Activity’ if you want to dive deeper into your phone usage.
This ends our guide on how to see the most-used apps on your iPhone. We hope that this guide helped you collect the data you need to track your daily phone usage. If you have questions, let us know in the comment section, and we’ll be glad to help out.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂