Can’t figure out why there’s no sound playing on Amazon Prime Video?
Amazon Prime is one of the most popular streaming services in the world, with over 200 million subscribers. It is a good alternative for mainstream platforms like Netflix and HBO Max. It caters to some of the best shows in Hollywood and produces excellent originals as well.
Having support to multiple platforms, it is expected for Amazon Prime to run into errors at some point.
Sadly, bugs and glitches are inevitable on any application or service.
If you are here, we can assume that there is no sound playing on your Amazon Prime Video app.
Based on what we know, this problem is usually due to faulty sound hardware. However, it can also be due to outdated software, server outages, slow network connections, or system-related issues.
In this guide, we will show you what to do if there’s no sound playing on the Amazon Prime Video app.
1. Check Amazon Prime Servers.
As a good practice, we always suggest readers to check Amazon Prime’s servers first when they encounter problems on the platform. Since Amazon Prime is an online service, it relies on the servers to function correctly and deliver content.
You can use third-party applications like Downdetector to view the current status of Amazon Prime’s servers.
If there are ongoing problems on Amazon Prime, the best thing you can do is wait. Since server-related issues can’t be resolved on your end, changes on your device won’t affect the platform’s status.
On the other hand, you can head to the next solution below if Amazon Prime’s servers are online.
2. Restart Your Device.
Before heading to more advanced measures, try restarting your device first to ensure that the problem isn’t caused by a temporary bug or glitch in your system. This should also reload Amazon Prime Video’s resources.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key to open the Start Menu.
- After that, access the Power Options tab.
- Finally, click on Restart to reboot your system.
- Access the Apple Menu on your Mac.
- Next, select the Restart option in the drop-down menu.
- Lastly, click Restart to confirm your action.
- First, locate the Power button on your Android device.
- After that, hold down the button until the selection menu shows up.
- Lastly, tap Restart.
- Open the Assistive Touch on your screen.
- Now, go to the Device tab and tap on More.
- Finally, choose Restart.
Go back to Amazon Prime afterward and check if the problem is solved.
3. Check Your Device Volume.
If you can’t hear anything on Amazon Prime, check your device volume first and ensure that it is turned all the way up. You might have muted your device, explaining why you can’t hear anything while streaming.
Before playing anything on Amazon Prime, check your device volume.
4. Update Your Device.
The current version of your device’s firmware might have an underlying issue that is related to video streaming and sound output. To address this problem, try updating your system to patch bugs and glitches.
- First, press the Windows + I keys on your keyboard.
- After that, go to Windows Update from the side menu.
- Lastly, click Download & Install to update your computer.
- Go to the Apple Menu by pressing the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Next, click on System Preferences and access the Software Update tab.
- Finally, click on Update Now to install the latest version of macOS.
- On your iPhone, go to the Settings and tap on General.
- Now, tap on Software Updates.
- Finally, hit Download & Install to update your system.
- Access the Settings on your mobile device.
- Next, scroll down and tap on About or About Phone.
- Tap on the Software Update or Software Version and follow the prompts to install the update.
Restart your device after the update and check if the problem is solved.
5. Update Amazon Prime App.
If you’re using the Amazon Prime app on your mobile device, we recommend updating it if you can’t hear anything while streaming. This should patch possible bugs and glitches in the application.
Head to the App Store or Play Store to install the latest version of Amazon Prime on your mobile device.
6. Clear Amazon Prime Data (Android).
For Android users, try clearing Amazon Prime’s app data if you experience playback issues. This should ensure that there are no corrupted or broken data on your storage and roll back any changes on Amazon Prime.
Here’s how you can clear Amazon Prime’s data:
- On your device, go to the home screen and tap on Settings.
- After that, access the Apps tab and tap on Amazon Prime Video.
- Now, go to Storage & Cache.
- Finally, tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Try streaming another movie or show afterward and check if the problem is solved.
7. Reinstall Amazon Prime.
If none of the solutions above worked for you, reinstall Amazon Prime on your device. This should ensure that you have the latest working version of Amazon Prime and there are no corrupted files on your storage.
Follow the steps below to reinstall Amazon Prime:
- First, go to your home screen and locate Amazon Prime.
- After that, hold down its app icon to access the selection menu.
- Lastly, choose Remove App (iOS) or Uninstall (Android) to delete Amazon Prime.
Once done, reinstall the app on your device and see if the problem is solved.
8. Contact Amazon Prime.
At this point, the last thing you can do is let the professionals handle the situation.
Visit Amazon Prime’s Support page and get in touch with their team to report the issue you’ve been experiencing on the platform. Include all the necessary details in your report to make it easier for Amazon’s team to assess the situation.
That ends our guide on what to do if there is no sound playing on Amazon Prime Video. If you have questions, drop a comment below, and we’ll be here to help.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂