Do you see a ‘Not compatible with your unit’ error message on Disney Plus?
Disney Plus is one of the most popular streaming services right now, which hosts movies and TV shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and National Geographic Channel. On top of that, shows from the Star Wars franchise can also be streamed on the app.
The platform is currently available on many devices and can also be accessed through a web browser if your device is not supported. Unfortunately, Disney Plus is only available in certain regions but is slowly rolling out in other areas as well.
If you want to access the app outside the supported countries, check out our dedicated guide to help you out.
Now let’s talk about the topic on hand.
If you are reading this, you probably wonder why you see a ‘Not compatible with your unit’ error on Disney Plus even if the app was previously working on your device.
As it turns out, this is one of the most common issues on the app, and if you don’t know by now, Disney Plus has been buggy ever since it was released.
In this guide, we’re going to show you several methods in fixing the ‘Not compatible with your unit’ error message on Disney Plus.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Disney Plus Servers.
Most of the time, server-related issues are the cause of error messages on Disney Plus. With this, you must check the status of its servers first before changing anything on your end to save you some time. Since server-related errors are not addressable on your end, tweaking your system or account won’t do anything.
Now, to check Disney Plus’ servers, you can use third-party tools like Downdetector. It is a website that shows the status of various applications like Disney Plus, Netflix, and more.
You can also view the past problems of a website or app on the site.
If Disney Plus’ servers are down, the best thing to do for now is to wait until the servers are back up and running.
On the other hand, you can still do the remaining methods below and see if one of them works out.
2. Try Watching Another Show.
If you see the ‘Not compatible with your unit’ error while watching on Disney Plus, the problem could be with the show you are playing. Some titles on the platform can encounter unexpected errors and become unplayable.
To confirm this, pick a random show on the media library and check if the same error message would appear on your screen. If this is the case, proceed to the last method below to report the issue to Disney Plus.
3. Check If Your Device Is Supported.
If you’ve just availed of a Disney Plus subscription and are seeing the ‘Not compatible’ error message, visit the Help Center to confirm if the app supports your current device. Even if Disney Plus is available for multiple platforms, it doesn’t mean that every device running that OS is compatible.
Now, if your device is not supported, you can always access the platform using a browser or use your other devices. On the other hand, consider upgrading your TV if it is unsupported or buy a cheap set-top box to run the app.
4. Re-Login to Your Account.
Your user data may have encountered an unexpected bug or glitch and caused the Disney Plus app to malfunction and run into errors. In this case, try signing out of your current session and log back in after a few minutes to refresh your user data.
If you are using an Android or iOS device, check out the steps below to log out of your account:
- First, open Disney Plus on your device.
- After that, go to your profile by tapping on your Avatar.
- Lastly, tap the Log Out button.
For browsers, follow the guide below to log out of your Disney Plus account:
- On your browser, access the Disney Plus website.
- Now, hover the mouse cursor to your Avatar to open the drop-down menu.
- Finally, click on Log Out to complete the process.
If you are using other devices, see the steps below to log out of your account:
- Access the Disney Plus website using your preferred browser.
- Next, point the cursor to your Avatar and click on the Account tab.
- Lastly, click on Log Out of All Devices.
Once done, wait for at least two minutes before logging back into your Disney Plus account. Use the platform as you usually would and check if the error message would still occur on the app.
5. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Disney Plus requires a minimum internet bandwidth of 5 Mbps to use their application without issues. However, if your network is running slow, it may not reach the required speed, which explains the occurrence of the error message.
To verify this, run a test on your network using Fast.com to measure its current upload and download speed.
If the result shows that your connection is the problem, refresh the link with your ISP’s servers by restarting your router. Unplug its power cable from the wall outlet and allow your router to rest for 5 to 10 seconds. Plug back in the power cable afterwards to restart the router.
Wait for your network router to reboot and run another test to check if the problem is solved. Contact your service provider if you continue to experience network issues and ask them to address the issue.
On the other hand, consider upgrading your current plan if it is below the required internet speed of Disney Plus.
6. Turn Off Your VPN.
VPNs could also be the reason for the ‘Not compatible with your unit’ error message on Disney Plus. VPNs work by changing your IP address to keep your identity private and filtering your data to secure sensitive information.
However, not all VPNs work that well and could interrupt your network connection. If this happens, your device may struggle to fetch data from Disney Plus’ servers and run into errors.
To fix this, turn off your VPN before using Disney Plus.
However, if you use VPNs to access the platform outside the supported regions, visit our dedicated guide to help you out.
On the other hand, try switching to a better VPN service like PureVPN if you don’t want to go online without protection. Unlike other services, PureVPN keeps your network stable while protecting your data from hackers and other entities.
7. Clear Your Browser Cache and Cookies.
Temporary data called caches and cookies are used by your browser to speed up websites’ loading times and improve their overall performance. However, caches and cookies accumulate over time and become corrupted.
Corrupted data can affect the performance of your browser and cause websites to run into errors.
To fix this, follow the steps below to clear your browsing data and eliminate any corrupted files:
- First, open your preferred browser and press the CTRL + H keys on your keyboard.
- After that, click on Clear Browsing Data from the side drawer.
- Now, click the Time Range tab and select All Time from the list.
- Next, click the checkbox beside ‘Cached Images and Files’ and ‘Cookies and Other Site Data’.
- Lastly, press the Clear Data button to start.
Once done, log back into your Disney Plus account and check if the error message would still show up.
8. Run Malwarebytes.
If you experience other issues besides the error message on Disney Plus, your device may be suffering from a virus attack. Viruses and malware consume your system resources and network bandwidth, making it difficult for your device and other apps to function correctly.
To check your system, download Malwarebytes on your device and run the full scan feature. This will prompt the tool to scan your entire directory for infected files and automatically eliminate them from your system.
Malwarebytes is available on multiple platforms, including Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows.
9. Update Disney Plus.
The current version of Disney Plus on your device may be outdated and no longer supported by the servers. If you don’t update your applications regularly, try to check if Disney Plus has a newer version available for your device.
On Android, follow the guide below to update Disney Plus on your device:
- First, open the Google Play Store on your device and open the side menu.
- After that, tap on My Apps & Games.
- Lastly, find Disney Plus from the list and tap the Update button.
For iOS users, check out the guide below to update the app:
- On your home screen, tap on the App Store to open it.
- Now, tap on your Profile from the top right corner of your display.
- Finally, locate Disney Plus and hit the Update button.
If you are using a Playstation 4, you can update Disney Plus by doing the following:
- Locate Disney Plus from the main screen and use the controller to highlight it.
- Next, press the Options button on the controller to open the side menu.
- Lastly, select Check for Update and press the O or X button to confirm.
If you are using other devices, visit the Help Center and look for the guide to update Disney Plus on your system.
After updating Disney Plus, go back to the app to check if the problem is solved.
10. Update Your Device.
Your device’s operating system may not be compatible with the latest version of Disney Plus, which causes the error message to occur. To fix this, simply update your device to address any compatibility issues.
On Android, you can update its OS by doing the following:
- First, access the Settings app of your device and scroll down to the bottom.
- After that, tap on About or About Phone.
- Lastly, tap on Software Update and follow the on-screen prompts to update your device.
For iOS users, check out the steps below to update your operating system:
- On your device, tap on the Settings app and go to the General tab.
- After that, tap on Software Updates.
- Finally, tap the Download and Install button if there’s an update available for your iOS device.
If you are using a Windows PC, follow the steps below to update your computer:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key to access the Start Menu.
- After that, click on the Gear icon to open Windows Settings.
- Now, go to Update & Security and click on Windows Update.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen prompts to update your computer.
For other systems, visit the Help Center and look for the specific guidelines for your device.
Afterwards, go back to the app to check if the ‘Not compatible with your unit’ error on Disney Plus would still occur.
11. Reinstall Disney Plus.
If Disney Plus is still not working, we suggest that you reinstall the app on your device. The app may not be installed correctly on your system, or some of its resources got corrupted and are no longer fixable.
On Android, you can reinstall Disney Plus by doing the following:
- First, open your application drawer and press Disney Plus’s app icon until the options menu shows up.
- After that, tap the Uninstall button to delete the app.
- Lastly, launch Google Play Store on your device and reinstall Disney Plus from there.
For iOS users, check out the steps below to reinstall Disney Plus:
- On your device, find Disney Plus from the home screen and hold its app icon until the selection screen appears.
- Now, tap on Remove App and follow the on-screen prompts to delete the app.
- Finally, go to the App Store and reinstall the Disney Plus app from there.
If you are using other devices, refer to the guide below to reinstall the app on your system:
- Reinstall Disney Plus on Xbox One
- Remove Disney Plus on Roku Devices
- Uninstall Disney Plus on Apple TV
- Reinstall Disney Plus on PS4
Once done, go back to the app and check if the error message would still occur.
12. Report the Problem to Disney Plus.
If the ‘Not compatible with your unit’ error message still occurs on Disney Plus, we suggest that you get in touch with their customer support by visiting the Help Center.
From there, you can report the issue to their team and hope that they can provide a viable solution immediately. When asking for help, ensure that you provide a screenshot of the error, your account details, and the device you are using to make it easier for Disney to assess the situation.
You can also browse the guides on the Help Center and see if you can find any solutions.
We hope that one of the methods below helped you fix the ‘Not compatible with your unit’ error message on Disney Plus. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂