Can’t figure out why notifications are not working on LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is considered to be the biggest professional social platform with over 745 million users in more than 200 countries. The service can be used to connect with your colleagues, find business partners and clients, and learn new skills that could help your career.
The platform can be accessed on any device and has a dedicated web app if you are using a web browser.
Given the value LinkedIn has for professionals, it is important to know what’s happening on your account all the time. However, this has not been the case for individuals who encounter notification problems on LinkedIn.
This issue is quite serious and needs to be addressed right away since you can lose potential clients and opportunities if you are not notified of their messages.
To help you out, we’ve decided to make a guide on what to do if notifications are not working on LinkedIn.
1. Restart Your Device.
Before doing anything, we recommend restarting your device first if you encounter notification issues with LinkedIn. This way, you can rule out temporary errors or glitches that could cause problems on your device.
- First, locate the Power button on your device.
- Next, hold down the Power button until the selection screen appears.
- Lastly, tap on Restart to begin the process.
- On your device, access the Assistive Touch and go to the Device tab.
- After that, tap on More.
- Finally, choose the Restart option and wait for your device to reboot.
Go back to LinkedIn afterward and see if your notifications work.
2. Check LinkedIn Servers.
Server downtimes and system maintenance could also be the reason notifications are not working on LinkedIn. If the app can’t communicate with the servers, it won’t be able to fetch new data, which includes notifications for new messages or emails.
To confirm this, you can visit LinkedIn’s status page and see if there are reported outages with the service.
If the servers are down, the only option you have is to wait it out. Unfortunately, server-related problems can only be addressed on their end. On the other hand, you can proceed to the next solution if there’s nothing wrong with the servers.
3. Check Notification Settings.
If you are not being notified of messages and other updates on the app, it’s possible that push notifications are disabled on LinkedIn. In this case, we suggest checking your configurations to ensure everything’s in order.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to LinkedIn and tap on your Profile.
- After that, access Settings and tap on Communications.
- From there, head to Push and enable notifications based on your preference.
Ask someone to message you on the platform to see if you’ll get any notifications.
4. Re-Login To Your Account.
Another way to resolve notification problems on LinkedIn is to refresh your user data. You can do this by signing out of your current session and logging back in after several minutes.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On LinkedIn, tap on your Profile and go to Settings.
- After that, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Finally, tap on Sign Out.
After 2-3 minutes, log back into your LinkedIn account and see if notifications work.
5. Update LinkedIn.
The version of LinkedIn you’re using might have an underlying issue that is related to push notifications. To rule this out, try updating the app to the latest version possible.
- Launch Google Play Store on your device.
- After that, tap on your Profile and access the Manage Apps & Device tab.
- From there, go to the Updates Available page and locate LinkedIn.
- Hit the Update button beside the app to start the process.
- First, go to the App Store on your iOS device.
- Next, open your Profile and look for LinkedIn on the list.
- Lastly, tap the Update button to install the latest version.
Relaunch the app afterward and confirm if the problem is solved.
6. Check Your Network Connection.
Slow or unstable networks could also be the reason notifications are not working on LinkedIn. Since you are using an online service, stable internet is a must to enjoy LinkedIn’s features.
To confirm if your network is the culprit, perform a test using Fast.com to measure your network’s upload and download bandwidth.
If the result indicates a problem with your connection, we recommend power cycling your router to refresh the link with your service provider. Unplug your router from the outlet and wait for 5 to 10 seconds before reconnecting it.
Once done, re-run the test to check if the problem is solved. If not, contact your provider and ask them to fix the issue.
7. Clear LinkedIn Cache (Android).
If you are using an Android device, we suggest clearing LinkedIn’s cache and app data if you encounter notification issues. This way, you can ensure there are no corrupted files and resources in your storage.
See the guide below to clear your app data:
- Find LinkedIn on your app drawer or home screen.
- After that, press and hold its icon until the selection menu shows up.
- Tap on App Info and access the Storage tab.
- Lastly, tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Re-login to your LinkedIn account and see if the problem is solved.
8. Contact LinkedIn.
If none of the solutions above worked, the last thing you can do is contact their team to ask for assistance. Head to LinkedIn’s Help Center and submit a report regarding the problem you’re experiencing.
While waiting for a response, you can browse the guides on their page and see if you can find other solutions.
That ends our guide on how to fix notifications if it’s not working on LinkedIn. If you have questions or other concerns, please drop a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂