Are you stuck on the entering game page on Overwatch 2?
With the release of Overwatch 2, a handful of errors and bugs have been discovered by users.
One of the most common issues you can experience is Overwatch 2 getting stuck on the entering game page.
When this happens, you won’t be able to join matches, access your inventory, or even see the main menu.
To help you out, we’re going to show you a few workarounds to get past the entering game screen.
1. Check Game Servers.
Being a new game, Blizzard is still making changes to Overwatch 2’s servers, which can cause the game to occasionally go offline.
During this time, players can’t connect to the servers or access the game.
You can use third-party sites like Downdetector to check if there are reported outages with the game servers.
If Overwatch 2 is on maintenance, the only thing you can do is wait it out.
On the other hand, you can head to the next solution if there’s nothing wrong with the game servers.
2. Connect to Another Server.
Server-related issues could be isolated to a specific region. If you can’t access the game, try switching to another server.
Playing in another region can cause lags and ping spikes.
- Open the Battle.net launcher on your computer.
- Go to your game library and click on Overwatch 2.
- Under Game Version, click on the Globe icon on the right side.
- Choose a different region from the pop-up menu.
Relaunch Overwatch 2 and check if the problem is solved.
3. Check Your Network Connection.
Slow or unstable networks could also be why Overwatch 2 is stuck on the entering game screen.
If the game can’t establish a stable connection with the servers, then you won’t be able to queue up for matches.
To confirm this, run a test on your network using Fast.com to measure its bandwidth.
Restart your modem or router if you are not getting the correct speeds from your network to refresh the connection with your provider.
- Unplug your router’s power cable from the outlet.
- Wait for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Reconnect your router’s power cable.
Perform another test afterward to check if the problem is solved. If not, report the issue to your service provider.
4. Restart Your Computer.
You can also try restarting your computer if you still get stuck on the entering game screen.
A temporary bug or error may have occurred on your system that caused issues with your network.
Restarting your computer should reload your resources, eliminating temporary bugs and glitches in the process.
Follow the steps below to restart your PC:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Now, access the Power Options tab.
- Choose Restart to reboot your system.
Once done, relaunch Overwatch 2 to check if the problem is solved.
5. Repair Game Files.
Corrupted or missing game files could also cause Overwatch 2 to get stuck on the entering game page.
To rule this out, use Blizzard’s scan tool to check for missing and damaged files.
- Open Battle.net on your computer.
- Go to your library and click on Overwatch 2.
- Click on the Gear icon beside the Play button.
- After that, click on Scan and Repair.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Relaunch the game and see if you can get past the entering game screen.
6. Update Your Graphics Drivers.
Faulty or outdated graphics drivers can also be why you can’t play the game on your computer.
Blizzard also suggests installing game-ready drivers for Overwatch to get the best performance.
See the steps below to update your drivers:
- Click on the Windows icon in the lower right corner of your screen to open the Start Menu.
- Now, look for the Device Manager and click Open.
- Expand the Display Adapters tab.
- Right-click on your graphics card and choose Uninstall Device.
- Follow the prompts to delete the current graphics driver on your system.
- Visit these links to download the game-ready drivers for Overwatch 2:
- Extract the installer and run the .EXE file. Follow the prompts to install the latest driver for your system.
- Restart your computer to apply the changes.
Play Overwatch 2 afterward to check if the problem is solved.
7. Close Unused Applications.
Overwatch 2 could take too long to load on your computer due to unnecessary applications running in the background.
Playing games puts a lot of load on your system, and you don’t want other apps consuming system resources while running Overwatch 2.
Here’s how you can manage your applications:
- On your keyboard, press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC to open Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Click on the Memory tab to sort your apps based on their usage.
- Identify the apps you’re not using and close them.
Relaunch Overwatch 2 and see if it will load this time.
8. Update Your System.
Problems with your system could also affect the performance of Overwatch 2.
If the game is not working correctly, there might be an issue with the version of Windows you’re using.
See the steps below to update your computer:
- First, press Windows + I on your keyboard to open Windows Settings.
- After that, access the Update & Security tab.
- Click on Windows Update in the side menu.
- Now, click Check for Updates.
- Click Download and Install if there’s an available update.
- Restart your system to apply the changes.
Go back to Overwatch 2 after updating your computer to check if the problem is solved.
9. Reinstall Overwatch 2.
If none of the solutions above worked, we suggest reinstalling Overwatch 2 on your computer.
This way, we can ensure that all packages are correctly installed on your computer. It should also fix corrupted or missing game files.
Follow the steps below to delete Overwatch 2:
- Launch the Blizzard app (Battle.net) on your computer.
- Now, look for Overwatch 2 in your game library and click on it.
- Click on the Gear icon beside the Play button.
- Select Uninstall and follow the prompts to continue.
- Restart your computer.
Reinstall the game from Battle.net and see if it will work this time.
That sums up our guide on how to fix Overwatch 2 if it’s stuck on entering the game screen.
If you have questions or other concerns, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to respond.