Staring at a message saying ‘Page Doesn’t Exist’ on Twitter?
Twitter is one of the largest social media sites today, with over 330 million users. Many businesses and influential people use Twitter to reach out to the community.
With Twitter, we can view the latest updates on our favorite celebrity, sports team and voice out our concerns on businesses.
If you are trying to view a page of a specific business, celebrity, or news outlet, you may be seeing a ‘Page Doesn’t Exist’ on Twitter. While this usually indicates that the page you are trying to visit is not available or deleted, it is also possible that it is just a temporary error.
Today, we’ve decided to make a simple guide in fixing the error message ‘Page Doesn’t Exist’ on Twitter.
Let’s get started!
- 1. Check Twitter’s Servers.
- 2. Log Out and Log Back In (After a Few Minutes).
- 3. Turn Off VPN.
- 4. Update the Twitter App.
- 5. Clear Your Web and Media Storage (iOS Only).
- 6. Try Another Search Browser.
- 7. Check and Reset Your Internet.
- 8. Try Fiverr.
- 9. Report the Problem to Twitter.
1. Check Twitter’s Servers.
If you encounter problems on Twitter, the first thing you should do is check the status of its servers. Usually, issues occurring on the platform are caused by faulty servers, which could be offline for maintenance or an unexpected problem happened.
If Twitter’s servers are down, the only thing we can do right now is to wait. Check-in from time to time to be updated once their servers are up and running.
2. Log Out and Log Back In (After a Few Minutes).
Your account data could’ve gotten corrupted while using Twitter and causes random error messages. To fix this, sign out of your account for the meantime and log back in after a few minutes.
On Android, see the steps below to sign out of your account.
- First, open the Twitter app on your device and open its side drawer.
- After that, tap on Settings and Privacy.
- Lastly, open the Accounts tab and hit the Log Out button.
For iOS users, check out the steps below to guide you on the process.
- On your home screen, tap on the Twitter app to open it.
- Now, swipe to right anywhere on your screen to access the side menu.
- Tap on Security and Privacy afterwards.
- Finally, tap on Accounts and tap the Log Out button at the bottom of the page.
If you are using a browser to access Twitter, you can sign out your account by doing the following:
- First, open your browser and go to Twitter.
- Now, click on the More button next to your Profile icon.
- Lastly, click on Log Out.
After signing out of your account, wait for about 5 minutes before logging back into your Twitter account.
3. Turn Off VPN.
If you are running VPN services on your device, try to turn it off if you encounter issues on Twitter. Although VPNs work great for security purposes, it can also interfere with your network since it randomly changes your IP address.
Your device may have difficulty establishing a stable connection with Twitter’s servers, explaining the error message ‘Page Doesn’t Exist’ on Twitter.
Disable your VPNs first and see if the problem goes away.
4. Update the Twitter App.
Running an older version of any application exposes your account to risks of hacks and random errors. If you haven’t updated the Twitter app, now is the best time to do so.
On Android, you can update the Twitter app by doing the following:
- First, open the Play Store on your device and tap on the Menu button inside the search bar.
- After that, prompt the Play Store to check for updates by tapping on My Apps & Games.
- Lastly, tap on the Update button beside Twitter if an update is available.
If you are using an iOS device, you can update Twitter by doing the following steps:
- On your device, open the App Store.
- Inside the App Store, tap the Updates tab to check for possible updates.
- If an update is available, tap the Update button next to Twitter to install it.
After updating Twitter, try to revisit the page to check if the problem is solved.
5. Clear Your Web and Media Storage (iOS Only).
On iOS, the Twitter app stores cached files on your web and media storage to improve its performance. However, these cached files can get corrupted during runtime and cause error messages on the app.
If you see an error message ‘Page Doesn’t Exist’ on Twitter, try clearing your web and media storage to get rid of corrupted files.
- First, open Twitter on your iOS device and access its side menu.
- On the side menu, tap on Settings and Privacy.
- Now, scroll down to the General tab and tap on Data Usage.
- After that, tap on Web Storage or Media Storage.
- Finally, tap the Clear Media or Web Storage button.
Repeat this process until you have cleared both your web and media storage.
6. Try Another Search Browser.
If you cannot view certain pages on Twitter, the problem may be on your browser. Web browsers use engines that render the contents of websites and display them on our screen.
However, browsers use different render engines that don’t interpret the codes written on websites the same way. This means that a particular website might work on some browsers, but other browsers could encounter problems loading it.
Try to use another browser for the meantime until your default browser is working properly again. Ideally, try to use popular browsers like Opera, Chrome, and Firefox, which are highly optimized for most websites.
7. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Your browser may have a hard time communicating with Twitter’s servers due to your network connection. To check if your internet connection is running correctly, run a speed test using Fast.com to measure its bandwidth.
If the result shows that your network is running slow, restart your router. Find your router’s power cable and remove it for 5 to 10 seconds. After that, plug back in the power cable to restart your router.
Run another speed test to check if your network is now stable. If your network is still running slow, contact your ISP immediately, and have them fix the issue.
8. Try Fiverr.
Do you need freelancers for your projects? Find them on Fiverr.
Fiverr is the largest online platform for freelancers who offer digital services like web design, photo-editing, video creation, virtual assistance, and more. With Fiverr, you can hire the best freelancers at a price that doesn’t break your budget.
On Fiverr, you won’t worry about overspending since each project’s price is discussed at the start.
Besides, you can also signup for a freelancer account if you are looking to earn extra income online.
Have your projects done in no time using Fiverr!
9. Report the Problem to Twitter.
Unfortunately, if none of the methods above worked for you, we recommend that you visit Twitter’s support page, where you can find several articles that can help you.
On the other hand, you can also report the problem to Twitter if none of the articles could help you solve it. Be sure to include your account details, the screenshot of the error message, and other helpful information when asking for help.
This ends our guide in fixing the error message ‘Page Doesn’t Exist’ on Twitter. If you have other questions or concerns, let us know in the comment section, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂