Are you seeing a ‘phone date is inaccurate’ error on Whatsapp?
Whatsapp is undeniably one of the most popular and widely used internet-based messaging platforms in the world. Currently, there are more than 2 billion registered users on Whatsapp, and that number continues to grow each day.
With the app’s current status, you might think it doesn’t encounter problems.
Unfortunately, you’re mistaken.
Like any platform or application, Whatsapp is not safe from unexpected errors and occasional downtimes.
One issue you might encounter on Whatsapp is the ‘phone date is inaccurate’ error. When this error message shows up, you won’t be able to access your messages, profile, and contacts list.
Usually, this issue is caused by improper device settings. However, it can also be due to outdated software or corrupted installation files.
Today, we’ll show you how to fix the ‘phone date inaccurate’ error on Whatsapp.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Whatsapp Servers.
When you run into error messages while using Whatsapp, the first action that you should take is to identify where the problem is coming from. You can do this by visiting third-party websites such as Downdetector, where you can view Whatsapp’s current status.
If there’s an issue with the platform, the only thing you can do is wait since server-related issues can’t be addressed on your end.
On the other hand, you can jump to the following solution below if there’s nothing wrong with Whatsapp to start troubleshooting the issue.
2. Check Your Date and Time.
As the error message suggests, your phone’s date and time settings are not up to date. When accessing websites and online apps, having your phone’s date set correctly is crucial to avoid issues.
For Android users, here’s how you can set your date and time:
- First, open the Settings app on your device.
- After that, access the System tab and go to Date & Time.
- Lastly, manually adjust the time or enable ‘Use Network-Provided Time’ and ‘Use Network-Provided Time Zone’.
If you’re using an iOS device, see the steps below to change your date and time:
- On your home screen, tap on the Settings app to launch it.
- Next, go to General and access the Date & Time tab.
- Finally, enable ‘Set Automatically’.
Restart your device afterward and check if the error message still occurs on Whatsapp.
3. Update Whatsapp.
The current version of Whatsapp you’re using may no longer be supported by the servers. If you haven’t updated the app for a long time, now is the best time to do so.
On Android devices, here’s how you can update Whatsapp:
- Launch the Google Play Store on your device and access your Profile.
- Next, tap on Manage Apps & Device.
- Go to the Updates Available tab afterward and locate Whatsapp.
- Finally, tap the Update button beside Whatsapp to install the latest version of the app.
If you’re using an iOS device, follow the guide below to update Whatsapp:
- First, open the App Store on your device.
- Now, go to your Profile and find Whatsapp.
- Lastly, tap the Update button next to the app.
Relaunch the app after the update to check if the ‘phone date is inaccurate’ error message still occurs on Whatsapp.
4. Reinstall Whatsapp.
If you still get the error after updating Whatsapp, we recommend reinstalling the app on your device. Some of Whatsapp’s installation packages may have gotten severely corrupted and are no longer fixable.
You can follow the steps below to delete Whatsapp:
- First, locate Whatsapp on your home screen.
- Next, hold its icon until the selection menu shows up.
- Lastly, tap on Uninstall (Android) or Remove App (iOS).
Go to the Play Store or App Store on your device afterward and reinstall Whatsapp from there.
That brings us to the end of our guide for fixing the ‘phone date is inaccurate’ error on Whatsapp. If you have questions, leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂