Want to fix the Phone Link app not working on Windows 11?
The Phone Link app is an essential tool for people who connect their smartphones to PCs daily. As the name suggests, this app allows you to sync your phone’s data with the computer, such as pictures, messages, and even notifications.
However, it can be quite frustrating if the Phone Link app suddenly stops working or is having trouble launching. This may occur if you have disabled Phone Link features in the system, disallowed the Phone Link app to run in the background, or have corrupted files on your computer.
There are many quick fixes to get rid of this issue through which you can get your Phone Link app to start working again. By reading this article, you can identify the main cause of the problem and resolve the issue by any of the methods below.
So, let’s continue!
1. Turn On Phone Link Features.
The Phone Link app allows you to access messages, calls, notifications, etc. You can turn on and off specific features for all your linked devices. So, if the Phone Link app is not working properly on Windows 11, you should first ensure that the app features are enabled.
Here’s how to do it:
- First, launch the Phone Link App on your computer.
- Once it opens, click on the Settings icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Then, go to the Features tab from the left pane.
- You can enable specific features by turning on the corresponding toggles.
2. Use Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter.
Windows Troubleshooter can help your PC detect and fix common problems using specific built-in troubleshooters. So, if you can’t get the Phone Link app to function properly, consider running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
These are the steps you must follow:
- Start by pressing the Windows + i shortcut keys from the keyboard to open the Settings app.
- From the left pane, go to the System tab.
- Then, click on Troubleshoot.
- After that, select Other troubleshooters.
- Next to Windows Store Apps, click on the Run button. The troubleshooter will scan for issues and resolve them.
After running the troubleshooter, reboot your PC and check if the problem is resolved or not.
3. Allow App to Run in the Background.
The Phone Link app syncs your phone in real-time so you can receive notifications, calls, texts, etc. To fetch new and updated data, the program must run continuously in the background.
So, if you haven’t given permission for the Phone Link app to work in the background, chances are, it won’t be syncing properly. To fix it, allow the app to always run in the background. Here’s how:
- Start by right-clicking the Start menu.
- Then, choose Settings from the list of options.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- Select Installed apps from the right section of the screen.
- Scroll down and find the Phone Link app, then click on the three dots icon on its right side.
- Click on Advanced options.
- Under Background apps permission, choose Always from the options.
- Restart the app to see if the issue has been fixed.
4. Check App Permissions on Your Device.
Every app on your phone requires certain permissions to function correctly. Similarly, the Link to Windows app, which is the companion app for the Phone Link app on your device, needs permission from your device to work.
So, if the app is not syncing on your PC, follow these steps below:
- Press and hold on to the Link to Windows app on your device.
- Then, tap on the Information icon from the menu.
- Go to Permissions and select Allow for each option.
- Return to the main information page and tap on Battery.
- Then, select the Unrestricted option.
5. Relink Your Phone.
Sometimes, an app may fail to properly execute its functions due to connectivity issues or temporary bugs. So, if you’re facing the Phone Link app not working on Windows 11 problem, consider unlinking and relinking your devices to resolve it.
Follow these steps to do it:
- Launch the Phone Link app on your computer.
- Click on the Settings icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Go to My Devices from the left pane.
- Select the three dots icon next to your phone.
- Click on the Remove option.
- To relink your device to Windows, restart the Phone Link app and follow the on-screen commands.
6. Turn Off Battery Saver on the PC.
Although the battery saver mode on your PC optimizes the battery, it hampers apps from running in the background, which may be why you can’t get the Phone Link app to work. In such a case, turning off the battery saver mode will fix your issue.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Start by right-clicking on the battery icon from the taskbar, then choose Power and sleep settings.
- The Windows Settings window will appear. From the right side of the screen, click on Battery Saver.
- Lastly, click on Turn off now from the given options to disable the battery saver on your PC.
7. Reinstall the Phone Link App.
If you still cannot open the Phone Link app after trying the basic troubleshooting fixes, a workable fix is to delete the app and then reinstall it. The installation files of the app may be damaged or corrupted, causing various issues.
Follow the steps below to reinstall the app on your PC:
- Begin by going to Settings by pressing Win + i keys from your keyboard.
- Next, select Apps & features from the left pane.
- Look for the Phone Link app in the list and click on the three vertical dots icon located next to it.
- Now, choose the Uninstall option.
- After uninstalling the app, open the Start menu, search for ’microsoft store,’ and select the same from the results to launch Microsoft Store app.
- Now, type in ‘phone link’ in the search bar and click on Get next to the Phone Link app to reinstall it on your PC.
8. Reset the Phone App.
If you’ve tried all the methods mentioned above but the Phone Link app still doesn’t open or sync properly, your last resort is to reset the app. This will delete all the corrupted files within the app and give it a fresh start. Remember that this method will also delete all of the app’s data from your computer.
To reset the Phone app on your computer, perform these steps:
- Go to the Start menu and enter ‘phone link’ in the search bar.
- From the search results present on the left section, select Phone Link and click on App Settings from the screen’s right side.
- This will open the Phone app settings in the Settings app. From the right pane, click on the Reset button under the Reset section.
This sums up our guide on how to fix the Phone Link app not working on Windows 11. Hopefully, you’ve resolved the issue by following the methods mentioned in this guide. Leave your feedback and suggestions in the comments section below. We’ll happily get back to you!
If this guide helped you, please share it. 😊