Can’t figure out why the Picture-in-Picture mode is not working on Android?
Picture-in-Picture mode is a feature on Android devices that shrinks a video into a small player so you can continue watching while using other apps. You can also move the player around your device’s screen and position the video over other applications.
This is a hand feature that allows you to do multiple tasks on your Android device all at the same time.
However, some users are complaining that the PiP mode isn’t working on their devices.
Depending on the situation, this problem can be due to improper configurations, incompatible apps, or outdated software.
Today, we will show you what to do if the Picture-in-Picture mode is not working on Android.
Let’s jump right in!
1. Check App compatibility.
Not all applications support PiP mode on Android. If the feature isn’t working on your device, it is possible that the app you’re using isn’t supported. To verify this, you can head to the app’s official site and see if it supports Picture-in-Picture mode.
Sadly, there’s nothing you can do if the app you’re using doesn’t support PiP.
2. Restart Your Device.
After checking app compatibility, we recommend restarting your device before tweaking your configurations. This way, you can ensure that the issue is not caused by a temporary bug or glitch.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Locate your device’s Power button.
- After that, press and hold down the button until the options menu appears.
- Finally, tap on Restart to reboot your system.
Once done, go back to the app you’re using and see if Picture-in-Picture works.
3. Check Permissions.
One of the main reasons Picture-in-Picture mode is not working is the lack of permissions. As it turns out, video applications need special access to your device before they can display over other apps.
See the steps below to allow apps to use PiP:
- First, go to your app drawer and launch the Settings app.
- After that, scroll down and tap on the Apps tab.
- In the upper right corner of your screen, tap on More.
- Choose Special Access and tap on Picture-in-Picture.
- Locate the app you want to use and enable the feature.
Restart your device afterward and check if the problem is solved.
4. Clear App Cache and Data.
Another way to solve this issue is to clear the app cache and data on your device. This should ensure that there are no corrupted files and data on your storage.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On your device, go to the app drawer and look for the problematic app.
- Hold down its app icon until the selection menu appears.
- Now, tap on App Info.
- Finally, access the Storage tab and tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Once done, relaunch the app and see if Picture-in-Picture works.
5. Update Your Apps.
If you still can’t use Picture-in-Picture on your Android device, we suggest updating your applications. The version of the app you’re using might not support PiP, explaining why the feature doesn’t work.
See the steps below to update your apps:
- First, launch the Google Play Store on your device.
- Next, tap on your Profile and open the Manage Apps & Device tab.
- From there, tap on Updates Available.
- Locate the app you want to update and hit the Update button.
After updating your applications, try using Picture-in-Picture again to check if the problem is solved.
6. Update Your Device.
If Picture-in-Picture is still not working, you can try updating your device’s OS. The version you’re using might have an issue related to the feature, causing it to malfunction.
Follow the guide below to update your device:
- Access the Settings from your app drawer.
- Now, find the Software Update tab and open it.
- Finally, tap on Download and Install or Check for Updates.
Once done, restart your device and see if PiP works.
7. Reinstall the App.
At this point, the last thing we can suggest is reinstalling the problematic app on your device. This way, you can ensure that the app is installed correctly and there are no missing resources on your device.
See the steps below to uninstall applications on your device:
- Access your app drawer and locate the application you want to remove.
- Next, hold down its app icon until the options menu appears.
- Finally, tap on Uninstall to delete the app.
Go to the Google Play Store afterward and download the latest version of the app.
That wraps up our guide on how to fix the Picture-in-Picture mode if it’s not working on your Android device. If you have questions, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂