Are you wondering why recent tweets are not loading on Twitter?
Twitter is one of the most used social media platforms today. Compared to other social media sites, Twitter has a unique way of delivering the latest news and updates worldwide. Their platform allows you to customize your timeline depending on your preferences.
If you rely on Twitter for the latest news, you may be wondering why you do not see the most recent tweets.
Most of the time, this problem lies in your content preferences set to load the top tweets instead of the latest ones.
However, it is also possible that Twitter’s servers are offline, or your network connection is running slow. Whatever the problem is, we are here to help!
Today, we will show you a few ways to fix recent tweets not loading on Twitter.
To start, check Twitter’s servers first as they could be offline for scheduled maintenance. If this is the case, the only option is to wait until Twitter gets everything sorted on their end.
On the other hand, if their servers are online, head down below and try the suggested solutions.
- 1. Check Your Content Preferences.
- 2. Turn Off VPN.
- 3. Check for Updates.
- 4. Clear Your Browser Cache and Cookies.
- 5. Disable Your Browser Extensions or Try Another Browser.
- 6. Reinstall Twitter.
- 7. Check and Reset Your Internet.
- 8. Try Using Fiverr.
- 9. Report the Problem to Twitter.
1. Check Your Content Preferences.
As we’ve mentioned, the problem with recent tweets not showing up is on your content preferences. By default, Twitter shows the top tweets on your timeline, which can be changed easily.
Check out the guide below to change your preferences to recent tweets.
- First, open the Twitter app on your device and tap on the Switch Timeline button with a star logo.
- After that, tap on ‘See latest Tweets instead’.
- Finally, swipe downwards from your timeline to refresh it.
2. Turn Off VPN.
VPNs are services that offer protection and security with your network. It changes your IP address randomly to keep your identity hidden online. Besides, it also redirects your data to one of their servers and filters it to protect sensitive information.
However, this process can introduce latency and delays with your network.
If recent tweets are not loading on Twitter, try to turn off your VPN and see if the problem goes away.
3. Check for Updates.
Running an older version of any software is a bad idea. Aside from security risks, outdated applications are less optimized compared to newer versions. If you are having issues using Twitter, try to update the app if you haven’t updated it for a while.
On Android, check out the guide below on how you can update Twitter.
- First, open the Play Store from your home screen and tap on the Menu button.
- After that, tap on My Apps & Games to check for possible updates on all the apps installed on your device.
- Finally, tap on the Update button next to Twitter if an update was detected.
For iOS users, see the steps below on how to update Twitter.
- On your home screen, tap on the App Store to open it on your device.
- After that, tap on the Updates tab from the navigation bar to prompt your device to check for possible updates.
- Finally, tap on the Update button beside Twitter to install the latest version.
Once done, go back to Twitter and try to view your timeline.
4. Clear Your Browser Cache and Cookies.
Most modern browsers use caches and cookies, which are temporary data that are stored on your device. Your browser uses these data to speed up the loading times of websites that you’ve previously visited.
However, if you experience unusual behavior from websites like Twitter, try to clear your browsing data. It is possible that some cache and cookies got corrupted and is causing multiple issues on your browser.
- Open your browser and press the CTRL + H keys on your keyboard to open the History tab.
- On the side menu, click on Clear Browsing Data.
- After that, change the Time Range to All Time.
- Now, make sure that ‘Cached Images and Files’ and ‘Cookies and Other Site Data’ are included in the process.
- Finally, tap on the Clear Data button to start.
Once done, close the History tab and re-access your Twitter timeline.
5. Disable Your Browser Extensions or Try Another Browser.
While browser extensions are great for adding extra features to certain websites, it can also interfere with how other websites work. If you are having difficulty loading recent tweets on Twitter, try to disable your browser extensions.
- First, open your browser and navigate to its Settings page.
- After that, click on the Extensions tab from the side drawer.
- Finally, turn off all your browser extensions.
Once done, go back to Twitter and try to view the recent tweets from your timeline.
On the other hand, your browser could be encountering a problem at the moment, which could also cause websites to malfunction. If this is the case, try using other web browsers and see if you can view your timeline’s recent tweets.
6. Reinstall Twitter.
If you are experiencing difficulties using the Twitter app, try to delete it. Some of its installation files may have gotten corrupted and no longer fixable. If this is the case, the only option you got is to reinstall the app on your device.
For Android users, you can reinstall Twitter by following the steps below.
- First, go to your app drawer and find Twitter from the list of applications.
- After that, hold down on its app icon until you see the selection screen.
- Now, tap on Uninstall to delete the app.
- Once done, open the Play Store and reinstall Twitter.
On iOS, see the steps below to reinstall Twitter.
- On your home screen, find Twitter and press its app icon until the pop-up menu appear.
- After that, tap on Remove App to uninstall Twitter.
- Finally, open the App Store from your home screen and reinstall Twitter.
After reinstalling Twitter, re-access your account and check if you can now load the recent tweets on your timeline.
7. Check and Reset Your Internet.
If your network is running slow, it is also possible for Twitter to encounter problems. Since it is an online platform, Twitter needs a decent amount of network bandwidth to perform its functions.
To check your network, use Fast.com to measure the current speed bandwidth of your internet connection.
If the result shows that your network is running slow, try to refresh your ISP’s connection by restarting your router. Unplug your router’s power cable, which is usually placed at the back and wait for 5 to 10 seconds. Once done, plug back in the power cable to turn on your router.
Run another speed test after restarting your router to check if the problem resolved. On the other hand, if your network continues to run slow, contact your ISP and ask them to fix their service.
8. Try Using Fiverr.
Want to earn extra income while working at home? Try Fiverr.
Fiverr is an online platform for freelancers to showcase their skills and earn income while doing it. With Fiverr, you can meet hundreds of potential clients looking for services like app development, photo and video editing, and even technical writing.
On the other hand, you can also hire freelancers on the platform if you need assistance with your ongoing projects.
9. Report the Problem to Twitter.
For the final method, we suggest that you let Twitter handle the situation if you cannot fix the problem up to this point.
Report the problem to Twitter and see if they can suggest a viable solution. Be sure to include your account information and other helpful details on your report to help them address the issue faster.
If you have other questions or concerns, feel free to leave a comment below, and we’ll be happy to help you out!
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂