Are you looking for ways to recover deleted files from iCloud?
Losing important files for work or school can be a very frustrating moment for any individual. Fortunately, accidentally deleting a file may not be the end of the world for you, given you’re with Apple’s ecosystem.
iCloud can be a lifesaving feature on any Apple device, letting you backup your documents and files online and access them across your devices.
If you deleted some of your files, don’t fret, we’ll help you get them back.
Every user is given a free 5GB iCloud storage upon signing up for an Apple account, and iCloud backup is enabled by default on all Apple devices. Now, if you’re a heavy user, 5GB may not be enough.
Thankfully, you can upgrade your iCloud storage to 50GB, 200GB, or even 2TB, depending on your budget.
There are two ways to recover deleted files on your Apple device. The first one is by accessing your iCloud account on a browser and the second one is through the dedicated iCloud app on your iOS devices.
Before starting with the actual steps, take note of the following first:
- Any files that were deleted on iCloud get moved into iCloud’s trash. We will only be able to recover them if you’ve deleted the files for less than 30 days. Otherwise, they’re gone forever.
- You cannot recover your files if the iCloud backup feature is not enabled on your Apple device.
With that out of the way, let’s get started!
1. Recover Deleted Files Using A Browser.
The quickest way to recover deleted files from iCloud is by accessing your iCloud account through a web browser. With this step, you can recover your files regardless of the operating system of your computer.
Here’s how you can recover your files through iCloud’s website:
- First, open any browser and go to iCloud’s official site to access your account.
- Next, click on your Profile at the top right corner of the window and access the Account Settings tab.
- After that, scroll down until you see the Advanced tab.
- Now, click on Restore Files and choose the files you want to recover.
- Finally, click the Restore button and follow the on-screen prompts to recover your deleted files.
If you are accessing iCloud on a newer device running on iOS 11 or macOS High Sierra, your deleted files would be stored in the Recently Deleted Folder.
You can view this folder by doing the following:
- First, click on iCloud Drive from the homepage.
- After that, access the Recently Deleted folder on the lower right corner of the window.
- Lastly, select the files or documents that you want to restore and hit the Recover button.
Once done, transfer the files to your preferred devices and be careful not to delete them again accidentally. 😀
2. Recover Deleted Files Using An iOS Device.
If you don’t have access to a web browser or prefer doing it on your phone, you can also recover your deleted files from iCloud using any iOS device.
Here are the steps to recover files using your iOS device:
- First, launch the Files app on your iOS device.
- After that, go to the Locations tab and tap on Recently Deleted.
- Lastly, select the files you want to recover and click on Recover.
Once done, you can now access your deleted files again or transfer them to a much safer storage location.
3. Recover Your Contacts, Calendars, and Bookmarks.
Aside from recovering deleted files from iCloud, you can also restore other data from your device, such as contacts, calendar reminders, and bookmarks. This can come in handy if you’ve cleared your reminders and don’t recall if there’s something important in there.
You can also use this if you abruptly deleted a contact from your device but changed your mind.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On your iCloud’s home page, click on your Profile and select Account Settings.
- After that, scroll down to the Advanced tab.
- Finally, select whether you want to Restore Contacts, Restore Calendars and Reminders, or Restore Bookmarks.
Once done, go back to your Calendar, Safari, or Contacts app to check if your data has been restored.
If you want to recover deleted messages from your iPhone, you can also check our detailed guide about this to help you out.
This ends our guide on how to recover deleted files from iCloud. If you have questions or clarifications regarding the solutions, please let us know in the comment section below, and we’ll be here to help.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂