Do you want to recover your forgotten iCloud password?
iCloud is an online storage service offered by Apple for their macOS and iOS devices. Basically, you can use iCloud to sync your data on all your devices, which is really convenient, especially if you often transfer documents, photos, or other files.
Unfortunately, it is pretty often for users to forget their iCloud password since it usually stays logged in to their devices. This can be frustrating, especially if you need a document or photo on your iCloud right away.
Thankfully, Apple has placed multiple options for recovering your iCloud account.
In this guide, we will show you various ways to recover a forgotten iCloud password.
Let’s get started!
1. Reset iCloud Password on Your iOS Device.
The most convenient way to recover your forgotten iCloud password is through your iOS device. Since your Apple ID is connected to iCloud, you can reset your account password straight from your iPhone or iPad.
Here’s what you need to do to reset your iCloud password on an iOS device:
- First, launch the Settings app from your home screen.
- After that, tap on your Apple ID and access Password & Security.
- Next, tap on Change Password.
- Lastly, enter your iPad or iPhone’s passcode and nominate a new password for your iCloud.
2. Reset Your iCloud Password Using A Browser.
One of the best things about iCloud is that it has a dedicated webpage, which means that you can access it on any device that has a web browser regardless of the operating system it uses.
With that, you can also recover your iCloud password using a web browser, given that you have access to Apple devices registered on your iCloud account.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open any browser on your Mac or PC and visit iCloud’s official website.
- After that, click the ‘Forgot Apple ID or Password?’ button.
- Now, you’ll be redirected to a new page. From there, enter your Apple ID and click Continue.
- Once done, you’ll be prompted to enter the code sent to your number. Click on Continue afterward.
- Finally, select any Apple devices registered to your iCloud and follow the instructions sent to your device to continue with the process.
Apple sends the instructions to connected devices to ensure that the actual user requests to reset the password. This is an added security feature, so make sure your trusted devices are connected to your iCloud account.
3. Recover iCloud Password on Apple ID Website.
As we’ve mentioned above, your Apple ID and iCloud are synced together, which means that changing your Apple ID password would also change your iCloud password. You can also access other Apple services such as iTunes, App Store, FaceTime, and more using your Apple ID.
Follow the guide below to recover your iCloud password using your Apple ID:
- First, visit Apple ID’s official login page using any browser.
- On the homepage, click on ‘Forgot Apple ID or Password?’ and a new tab should open on your browser.
- Now, enter your Apple ID and click Continue.
- After that, check your phone and enter the code sent to your number, then hit Continue again.
- Finally, select one of your registered Apple devices from the list and follow the instructions sent by Apple to recover your iCloud / Apple ID account.
This process is quite similar to recovering your password from iCloud’s website. You can choose any website you’re more comfortable with.
After recovering your forgotten iCloud password, we suggest that you take note of your new password for future use. You can write it down on a piece of paper and keep it in your wallet or use a notes app on your device.
That is all there is to know to recover a forgotten iCloud password. If you have any questions or other concerns, please let us know in the comment section, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂