Wondering how you can recover your hacked Gmail account?
Having over 1 billion users and various useful features, Gmail is arguably the best and widely used free email service globally. However, being a prominent name in the industry, Gmail is also frequently targeted by hackers.
Given that many people use the platform, hackers know that they’ll end up with a valuable email account one way or another.
This makes it essential to always keep your account secure no matter which service you’re using. Not even the best platforms out there are safe from hacking, spam, and phishing attacks.
If you’re reading this, you probably noticed a weird activity on your account, or you can no longer access it.
Fortunately, Google placed various security features on their platform that allows legitimate users to recover their accounts if in case it gets hacked.
In this guide, we’ll show you how you can recover your hacked Gmail account.
1. Recover Gmail Using Phone Number.
If you have a verified phone number on your Gmail account, recovering it should be a piece of cake. Connecting your number to your account adds an additional layer of protection that enables you to reset your password as long as you have access to your mobile number.
Here’s how you can recover a Gmail account using a mobile number:
- First, go to Gmail’s Log In page using any browser.
- After that, enter your email address or phone number and click on Next.
- Now, click on ‘Forgot Password?’ and provide the last password you remember.
- Enter your phone number and hit Send.
- Lastly, input the code you received from Google to reset your password. Follow the prompts to continue recovering your account.
Once done, go back to the login page to check if you can now access your Gmail.
2. Recover Gmail Using Recovery Email.
When you sign up for a Gmail account, Google asks you for a recovery email address. This email address will be used if something goes wrong with your account or forget your credentials.
Due to this, it’s important always to use a working email address when signing up for an account on any platform.
Check out the steps below on how to recover your Gmail using the recovery address:
- Using any browser, access Google’s Log In page and enter your email address or phone number.
- After that, click on Next.
- Once Google asks for the last password you remember, hit the Try Another Way button.
- Now, enter your Recovery Email and click Send.
- Finally, follow the instructions sent by Google to recover your account.
Go back to the login page afterward to check if you can now access your account.
3. Answer Recovery Questions.
If you don’t have access to your mobile number or recovery email, there’s still hope for you to recover your hacked account. Google also allows users to recover their accounts by answering some questions that they’ve set the answers to when they register for an account.
To answer recovery questions on Gmail, see the steps below:
- First, follow the steps one to three in the First Recovery Method.
- After that, hit the Try Another Way button. This should take you to the Recovery Questions page.
- Lastly, answer the security questions to reset your password.
Try accessing your Gmail account afterward to check if this method worked.
4. Contact Google Support.
If you’ve run out of options and still can’t recover your Gmail account, we suggest asking the help of professionals.
Go to Google’s Support page and contact their team to ask for assistance to recover your account. Provide all the details about your account, including proof that you really own the account, to speed up the process.
That ends our guide on how to recover your hacked Gmail account. If you have questions, feel free to reach out in the comment section, and we’ll be glad to help.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂