Looking for ways to reinstall the Microsoft Store app in Windows 10?
Microsoft Store might not be as famous as the Google Play Store or Apple Store, but it comes in handy when users are looking for a safe place to install their favorite Windows apps. It has grown considerably over the past few years, and unlike the beginning, Microsoft Store today provides its users plenty of options to choose from.
If, due to any reason, you have uninstalled the Microsoft Store app on your PC and want it back, we have got you covered. There are several ways of reinstalling the Microsoft Store app on your Windows, and we have listed the easiest yet most effective ones, so keep on reading.
Let’s get started!
1. Use Windows Powershell.
Windows Powershell is a powerful tool consisting of a command-line shell for simplifying configuration and performing advanced tasks on Windows. Since this tool is easy to understand and use, it has become quite popular among users.
If you are struggling with reinstalling the Microsoft Store app in Windows 10, try doing it via Powershell, as it will take no time.
Here is how you can do it:
- Right-click on the Windows icon in the taskbar and select Windows Powershell (Admin).
- Inside the Powershell window, type the command mentioned below and hit Enter.
- Locate Microsoft Store’s entry and copy the package’s full name by pressing Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
- Now type the command mentioned below and execute it. Don’t forget to replace ‘<PackageFullName>’ with the name of the package you just copied.
Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\<PackageFullName>” –DisableDevelopmentMode
- Once the command is successfully executed, restart your PC and check if you can open the Microsoft Store app without any issues.
Hopefully, you will now be able to use Microsoft Store without any issues.
2. Reinstall the App via Settings.
Windows Settings allow the users to configure and customize the operating system according to their preferences, and you can uninstall/re-install apps via the ‘Settings’ menu.
This method is for the users looking to reinstall the Microsoft Store app itself instead of a Microsoft Store app program. The process is quite straightforward and shall not take more than a few minutes to complete.
Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings and click on Apps.
- Select Apps & Features from the left panel and locate Microsoft Store.
- Click on Microsoft Store and select Advanced options.
- Now click on the Reset button under the Reset option and wait for the process to complete.
Once the operation is successfully executed, the Microsoft Store app will be reinstalled on your PC successfully.
3. Try Using CleanMyPC.
If you are unable to reinstall the Microsoft Store application using the methods we mentioned above, we recommend deep cleaning your PC first and then proceed with the troubleshooting method.
There are times when our systems are infected with viruses and corruption errors, which prevent us from executing operations. In this case, it is best to eliminate all the junk files, so your PC is error-free before you begin with the troubleshooting methods.
There are several ways to clean your PC, but the easiest one is to use a reliable PC cleaner. We highly recommend using CleanMyPC to clean your system as this cleaner is packed with efficient system maintenance tools that can take care of all your PC-related problems. So whether you want to increase the speed of your PC or want to eliminate unwanted files, you can rely on CleanMyPC.
Install CleanMyPC now to get all these perks!
4. Create a New User Account.
Another easy way to get your favorite pre-installed apps such as the Microsoft Store back on Windows is by creating a new user account.
The latest user account will have all the default apps offered by Window, and the changes made on your user account will not affect it.
Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings and click on Accounts.
- Select Family & other users from the left panel and click on Add someone else to this PC.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Once done, restart your PC and, upon reboot, login into your new user account.
That’s it. You can now enjoy using your favorite apps on your new user account without any issues.
This wraps up our guide on how to reinstall the Microsoft Store app in Windows 10. We tried walking you through all the troubleshooting steps in detail, and we hope that they helped you resolve the issue on your PC. If you have any questions regarding the troubleshooting steps, please feel free to let us know in the comment section below. We will try our best to assist you.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂