Can’t figure out how to fix the scanning failed error on NVIDIA GeForce Experience?
NVIDIA GeForce Experience is a software suite that comes with NVIDIA GPU drivers. Technically, users can enjoy their graphics cards without installing the suite. However, GeForce Experience comes with handy features that improve the gaming experience.
Unfortunately, there have been reports from users that GeForce Experience can’t detect the games installed on their systems.
This renders the suite useless since the features won’t activate while gaming.
Most of the time, this problem occurs due to faulty or outdated display drivers. However, it can also be due to improper configurations and lack of system access.
If you can’t use GeForce Experience due to the scanning failed error, we’ve got you covered.
Today, we will show you how to fix the scanning failed error on GeForce Experience.
1. Restart Your PC.
Before changing your configurations, we suggest restarting your PC if GeForce Experience is not working correctly. This should reload your system resources and resolve temporary issues that may have occurred during use.
See the guide below to restart your PC:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key to open the Start Menu.
- After that, access the Power Options tab.
- Finally, choose Restart to reboot your system.
Once done, go back to the suite and see if it can now detect your games.
2. Run GeForce Experience As Admin.
GeForce Experience might not have proper permissions to access your system, which prevents it from scanning your storage for installed games. To rule this out, try running the software as an administrator.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to your desktop and locate GeForce Experience.
- After that, right-click on the shortcut and choose Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab afterward and enable the ‘Run this Progam as an Administrator’ option.
- Finally, click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
Relaunch GeForce Experience on your computer and see if the problem is solved.
3. Check If Your Game Is Supported.
Unfortunately, not all games are supported by NVIDIA GeForce Experience. If some of your games are not getting detected, it’s likely that the suite doesn’t support some of the titles installed on your computer.
To confirm this, head to NVIDIA’s official page and see if your game is supported.
4. Update Display Drivers.
Outdated GeForce drivers could also be the reason for the scanning failed error on GeForce Experience. To rule this out, we recommend updating your display drivers to patch bugs and errors.
See the guide below to update your drivers:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + X keys to open the Quick Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager.
- Expand the Display Adapters tab and right-click on your video card.
- Finally, choose the Update Driver option and follow the prompts.
Restart your system to apply the changes and see if the problem is solved.
That wraps up our guide on how to fix the scanning failed error on GeForce Experience. If you have questions or other concerns, please drop a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂