Don’t know how to fix Screen Time not showing data on iPhone?
With more and more cool new features and applications being introduced daily in the iOS environment, it gets harder to prevent yourself from indulging in the world of technology. However, it may lead you to divert your focus, miss your deadlines, and even disregard your interests.
To combat this situation, Apple thoughtfully introduced the Screen Time feature. It allows you to monitor your activity and limit the usage of your device. It also has several parental control features to put restrictions on certain apps and websites.
Unfortunately, there may come times when Screen Time, which is supposed to help your digital well-being, stops working. It may display Screen Time not showing data on iPhone screen. Luckily this issue has several fixes, which we’ll be discussing below.
So carefully follow through till the end!
1. Check Screen Time Settings.
Before you assume something has gone wrong with the Screen Time feature, ensure that it is enabled on your iPhone in the first place. You may have accidentally disabled it from Settings, hence why it’s not showing data anymore.
Here’s how to enable the feature:
- Head over to Settings from your iPhone.
- After that, tap on Screen Time.
- If the Screen Time is disabled, a Turn On Screen Time option will appear. Simply tap on it to enable it.
- Lastly, turn the toggle on for Share Across Devices if you’re using several devices with the same Apple ID but still facing the Screen Time not showing data.
In case it was already enabled, turn the toggle on and off to restart the feature. This will resolve any temporary glitch that could be preventing Screen Time from working properly.
2. Restart Your Device.
Restarting your iPhone generally resolves most issues related to the services and features running in the device software. For this reason, we recommend you follow this method in case you’re experiencing Screen Time not showing data on iPhone.
Follow the steps below to do it:
- Start by turning off your device by pressing and holding the Side button and either one of the Volume buttons.
- Release the buttons once the slider appears.
- Next, drag the slider to the right to power off your iPhone.
- Now, restart it by pressing the Side button again and let it go once you see an Apple logo.
After your iPhone restarts, check whether Screen Time is showing data. If it fails to do so, check out the next solution to fix your issue.
3. Disable Low Power Mode.
When you turn on Low Power mode, your iPhone will only load and update the application and services currently running. All the background activity and features that consume more power will be restricted. This could be another reason why you’re having trouble with the Screen Time feature.
In this case, disable the Low Power mode by following the steps below:
- Go to Settings from your device.
- Next, select Battery.
- Turn the toggle off for Low Power Mode.
This should resolve the problem you’re facing.
4. Ensure the Date & Time Is Correct.
The correct date and time configuration is essential for most iOS features to work properly. When your location or time doesn’t match your actual geographical region, most services will have trouble syncing.
Here’s how to resolve this issue:
- Launch Settings on your iPhone and choose General.
- Tap on Date & Time.
- Now, turn the toggle on for Set Automatically. Your device will automatically show the current date & time according to your time zone.
After you’re done, check if the issue of Screen Time not showing data on iPhone is solved. Otherwise, follow the next method from this guide.
5. Check Apple System Status.
Very rarely, but possibly Apple servers may go down, affecting the functionality of its services. So when you’re encountering Screen Time not showing data on iPhone, the problem may not always be on your end.
You can check if that’s the case by visiting the Apple System Status page. There, check if the dot next to Screen Time is green, which signals the feature servers are active. In case it’s red, there isn’t anything you can do to get the feature to work again other than wait.
6. Clear Usage Data.
When the user data or cache gets full, Screen Time may not display the reports. However, you can easily fix this by clearing the usage data of the feature.
To do so, follow the instructions below:
- Go to Settings.
- Then, tap on Screen Time.
- Now, scroll down and tap on Clear Usage Data.
7. Re-Login to Apple ID.
It’s possible that the problem doesn’t lie in your device but rather in your iCloud. In this situation, you can try logging out and back into your account to clean the temporary cache.
Follow the steps below to do so:
- From Settings, tap on your Profile from the top.
- Next, scroll all the way down and tap on Sign Out.
- On the top-right corner, select Sign Out again.
- Now, go to the Settings app again and tap on Sign in to your iPhone.
- Enter your credentials and choose Sign In from the top-right corner to re-sign into your Apple ID.
Once done, make sure that the Screen Time is showing data. If not, try updating your device to the latest iOS version by following the steps mentioned below.
8. Update Your iOS.
Since most people are reporting the issue of Screen Time not showing data on iPhone, it could be a widespread error related to iOS. So keep an eye out for an update as Apple considers and resolves such bugs through a version update.
When it’s available, follow the steps below to install it on your iPhone:
- Open Settings and tap on General.
- After that, select Software Update.
- Allow your device to fetch any pending updates.
- If there’s an available update, tap on Download and Install to begin the process.
9. Reset All Settings.
Misconfigured settings is another reason behind Screen Time not showing data on iPhone. If you can’t exactly locate the responsible setting, you can revert to the factory settings by resetting. This method would not delete data or apps on your device, so don’t worry about keeping a backup.
Simply follow the steps explained below:
- On the Settings app, go to General.
- Scroll all the way down and choose Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Now, tap on Reset and select Reset All Settings.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to reset all settings on your iPhone.
10. Go For Alternatives.
When nothing seems to resolve the issue with Screen Time not showing data on iPhone, it’s time to look for alternatives. Many apps on the App Store provide similar functions for restricting and controlling the usage of apps like OffScreen, ScreenZen, etc.
This brings us to the end of our guide on how to fix Screen Time not showing data on iPhone. If you have further questions, leave them in the comments section below. We’ll make sure to get back to you in no time.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 😊