Are you experiencing server lags on Roblox?
One of the worst things that you can experience while playing online is lags. When this happens, you’ll suffer from high latency with your character movements or even the entire game.
This will make the scenes and events on your game appear late on your display, which causes you to miss a shot, get hit by other players, or die.
Being an open platform for game creation, server lags on Roblox is a common issue. Usually, this is caused by unoptimized servers, slow internet connection, and faulty or offline game servers.
Fortunately, this problem is not complicated to fix.
Today, we will show you the best solutions to eliminate server lags on Roblox.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Roblox Servers.
In most cases, faulty or offline game servers are the cause of lags on Roblox. Like any online game, Roblox won’t function properly or perform correctly if its servers are experiencing technical issues.
To check if the problem is on Roblox’s side, you can use third-party sites such as Downdetector to view the platform’s current status.
If there’s an issue with Roblox, the only thing you can do is wait for the problem to get fixed.
On the other hand, head to the next solution to start troubleshooting the issue on your end if there’s nothing wrong with Roblox’s servers.
2. Restart Your System.
Lags and connection issues on Roblox may also be coming from your system. Your computer may have run into temporary errors, which affect the performance of your network.
To fix this, reboot your system to reload all of its resources:
- First, press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start Menu.
- Next, access the Power Options tab.
- Lastly, click on Restart.
After restarting your system, go back to Roblox and observe if you would still encounter server lags.
3. Check Your Network Connection.
If your network is running slow, you would definitely encounter lags and delays on any game you try to play. To check if the issue is coming from your connection, run a test using Fast.com to measure your network’s current bandwidth.
Reboot your modem or router if you’ve confirmed that the issue is with your network to re-establish the connection with your service provider.
After restarting your router, run another speed test to see if your network is now running correctly. If not, contact your internet service provider to report the issue you’ve been experiencing with your connection.
4. Flush Your DNS.
Server lags on Roblox can also be due to corrupted or broken DNS cache files. To rule this out, we suggest flushing your DNS cache using the Command Prompt to refresh your network connection.
Here’s how you can flush your DNS on Windows:
- First, press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard.
- In the Quick Menu, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
- Lastly, type ‘ipconfig /flushdns’ inside the CMD and hit the Enter key.
Once done, restart Roblox and check if you would still encounter server lags while playing.
5. Close Unnecessary Applications.
If you have a lot of applications running in the background, it may be consuming your network bandwidth, which causes server lags on Roblox. To avoid this, close down unused applications on your computer to reduce unnecessary load on your network.
See the steps below to identify applications that consume network bandwidth on your system:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + X keys and click on Task Manager.
- Inside the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and click on Network to sort the applications based on their Network Usage.
- Finally, click on a program or application you’re not using and hit the End Task button.
Repeat this process until you’ve closed down all the apps that you are currently not using.
6. Turn Off VPN.
For users who run VPNs on their system, it could be the reason why you experience server lags on Roblox. While virtual private networks provide security to your connection, they can also cause lags and instability to your internet.
If you can’t play Roblox properly due to lags, try turning off your VPN before running the game.
On the other hand, you can try switching to other VPN providers such as PureVPN if you keep experiencing issues with your current one. PureVPN uses dedicated high-speed servers to guarantee a fast, reliable, and secured network.
7. Change Your DNS.
Your ISP’s default DNS could be experiencing technical issues at the moment, which affects the quality of your connection. To fix this, switch to other DNS providers in the meantime, such as Google’s DNS.
See the steps below to change your DNS on Windows:
- On your computer, access the Start Menu and look for ‘View Network Connections’.
- After that, click on Open to access your Network Connections.
- Now, right-click on your current network and select Properties.
- Inside Properties, double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Next, enable the ‘Use the Following DNS’ option and enter these values:
Preferred DNS: 184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS: 220.127.116.11
- Finally, hit OK to save the changes.
Try playing another game on Roblox afterward to see if the problem is solved.
8. Update Your Network Drivers.
Your network driver may have run into problems and got corrupted. It’s also possible that your network driver was not installed correctly in the first place, which causes server lags on Roblox and other online games.
To fix this, update your network drivers to ensure that everything is in order. Follow the guide below to update your drivers:
- On your computer, access the Quick Menu by pressing the Windows + X keys.
- Next, click on Device Manager and expand the Network Adapters tab.
- Finally, right-click on your network device and choose Update Driver.
After updating your network driver, go back to Roblox to check if the issue is fixed.
9. Update Windows.
If none of the solutions above worked for you, the last thing you can do is update your entire system. The current version of Windows you’re using may have an issue related to network connectivity which explains server lags on Roblox.
Check out the steps below to update Windows on your computer:
- First, access the Windows Settings.
- After that, click on Update & Security and open the Windows Update tab.
- Lastly, click on Check for Updates.
After updating Windows, go back to the platform and check if you would still experience server lags on Roblox.
That ends our guide for fixing server lags on Roblox. If you have questions, leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂