Locked out of your account due to login issues on Snapchat?
Despite the competition from newer apps, Snapchat has held its own and now averages more than 240 million users worldwide. Given that amount of users, their support team and developers are doing everything so that their servers are always available.
However, this doesn’t exempt them from the usual downtimes and system maintenance, which is common for every website or application. If you cannot log in to your Snapchat account, we understand that you are starting to get annoyed.
Thankfully, you can relax now!
In this guide, we will show you how to fix the login issues on Snapchat.
To get things started, check the status of their servers, as the problem could be related to their servers being down.
Unfortunately, if this is the case, we can’t do anything about it but wait.
Now, if their servers are running properly, the issue may be with your device. Head down below, and try the suggested solutions to address the problem.
- 1. Change Your Password and Re-Login.
- 2. Turn Off VPN.
- 3. Check for Updates.
- 4. Clear App Cache.
- 5. Check Your Network Permissions.
- 6. Check Your Internet Connection.
- 7. Reinstall Snapchat.
- 8. Try Using Fiverr.
- 9. Report the Problem to Snapchat.
1. Change Your Password and Re-login.
On most occasions, login issues on Snapchat are caused by invalid login credentials being provided on the login screen. To ensure that you have the correct password for your account, try changing it.
Check out the steps below to guide you on the process.
- First, open Snapchat and go to the login page.
- Now, tap on Forgot Your Password?
- After that, choose the method on how you prefer to reset your password.
- Finally, follow the on-screen prompts and nominate a new password for your account.
Once done, go back to the login screen and try to access your account.
2. Turn Off VPN.
If you are using VPN services on your device, consider turning them off if you experience problems on Snapchat.
Since VPNs work by changing your IP address randomly, your device may have a hard time connecting with Snapchat’s servers, and cannot verify your credentials.
To fix this, simply turn off your VPN, and see if you can access your account.
3. Check for Updates.
Running an outdated version of any software on your device is a bad idea. Aside from the errors that may occur, you are also exposing yourself to greater risks, since outdated applications do not have the latest security patches.
If you experience login issues on Snapchat, try to update the app.
On Android, see the steps below on how to update Snapchat.
- First, go to your home screen and tap on Google Play Store to open it.
- After that, tap on the Menu button to open the side menu.
- On the side menu, tap on My Apps & Games to check for available updates on the apps installed on your device.
- Finally, tap on the Update button if the Play Store detected a possible update for Snapchat.
For iOS, check out the guide below on how to update Snapchat.
- On your home screen, tap on the App Store to launch it.
- Now, tap on the Updates tab, and your device should automatically check for available updates.
- If the App Store detected an update, hit the Update button beside Snapchat to install it.
After updating Snapchat, try to re-access your account.
4. Clear App Cache.
Cached data are files, images, and other media that are stored on your device locally. These data are used to quickly load functions, and features on apps to improve their performance.
However, if you are experiencing problems on applications like Snapchat, clearing the app cache can resolve the issue.
To do this, follow the steps below.
- On Snapchat, tap on the Profile icon on the top left corner of your screen.
- After that, tap on the Gear icon to open settings.
- Now, scroll down and tap on Clear Cache.
- Finally, tap on Continue for Android devices, and Clear All for iOS devices.
After clearing your app cache, go back to the login screen, and try accessing your account.
5. Check Your Network Permissions.
Snapchat needs to access your network for it to function normally. If your permission settings do not allow the app to use your network, expect that you will encounter errors on the app.
To review your permissions, follow the steps below.
On Android, you can view the permissions page by doing the following:
- First, tap on the Profile icon on Snapchat’s main screen, and hit the Gear icon.
- After that, scroll down to the Privacy tab and select Permissions.
- Finally, review your app permissions, and make sure that it is allowed to access your network.
For iOS devices, see the step-by-step guide below to guide you on the process.
- On your device, go to your home screen and tap on Snapchat.
- After that, tap on your Profile icon, and tap the Gear icon to launch the settings page.
- Now, find the Additional Services tab, and hit Manage.
- Finally, tap on Permissions and make sure that the app is allowed to use your network.
Once done, go back to the login page, and try to access your account.
6. Check Your Internet Connection.
A slow or unstable internet connection could also be the cause of login issues on Snapchat. To check if this is the case, run a speed test using Fast.com to measure your network’s bandwidth.
If your network is running slow, you can try fixing it by restarting your router. Find your router’s power cable, and unplug it from the wall outlet to turn it off. Now, wait for 5 to 10 seconds before plugging it back to allow your router to reset.
Once your router has restarted, perform another speed test to check if the problem is resolved. However, if you continue to experience network-related problems, contact your internet service provider, and ask them to fix the issue.
7. Reinstall Snapchat.
If the login issues on Snapchat continue to occur, try to reinstall the app. It is possible that Snapchat was not installed properly on your device, or it encountered a serious problem within its installation files.
On Android, you can reinstall Snapchat by doing the following:
- First, unlock your device and find the app on your home screen.
- After that, tap and hold Snapchat’s app icon until a selection screen appears.
- Finally, tap on Uninstall to remove the app from your device.
Once done, go to the Play Store, and reinstall Snapchat.
For iOS users, follow the steps below to reinstall Snapchat.
- On your device, go to the home screen and locate Snapchat.
- Now, tap and hold the app icon until the option screen pops-out.
- Finally, tap on Remove App to uninstall the app.
Visit the App Store, and reinstall Snapchat.
8. Try Using Fiverr.
Have a project that needs to be worked on? Try using Fiverr.
Fiverr is an online platform for individuals who seek the services of freelancers. It has a wide range of freelancers offering different kinds of services like website development, photo editing, and article writing.
With Fiverr, you can find the best freelancer for your needs for the best price!
Sign up for Fiverr and have your projects done professionally!
9. Report the Problem to Snapchat.
If login issues on Snapchat continue to occur on your device, try to report the problem to their support team.
When reporting a problem, try to include important details like your account information, and the exact device you use to help their support team provide a solution that caters to your needs.
This brings us to the end of our guide on how to fix login issues on Snapchat. If you have other questions, leave a comment below, and we’ll try our best to answer them.
If you found this guide helpful, please share it. 🙂