Trying to figure out why Snapchat notifications are not working?
Almost every application has a notification feature that keeps you updated about the activities on the app. This feature is essential on social media platforms and messaging apps.
As a social media application with a built-in messaging feature, Snapchat’s notifications are really important to most users. However, Snapchat users would often complain that their notifications are not working.
If you are among these users, keep reading,
Usually, the problem is caused by improper configurations on your device, but other factors like problematic servers, corrupted application files, and unstable network connections should also be considered.
Today, we will show you what to do if Snapchat notifications are not working on your device.
Before doing anything, try to check Snapchat’s servers first, as it could be offline due to system maintenance or unexpected problems.
However, if their servers are working, head down below and try the mentioned solutions.
- 1. Check Your Notification Settings.
- 2. Enable Background App Refresh.
- 3. Clear App Cache.
- 4. Reinstall Snapchat.
- 5. Check and Reset Your Internet.
- 6. Check Network Permissions.
- 7. Try Fiverr.
- 8. Report the Problem to Snapchat.
1. Check Your Notification Settings.
For Snapchat to send out notifications, it needs the proper permissions to control your device even if it is locked. If you are not receiving any notifications from the app, it is likely that your notification settings are not configured properly.
On Android, see the steps below on how to change your notification settings.
- First, open Snapchat from your home screen.
- Now, tap on your Profile icon, and tap the Gear icon to open Snapchat’s settings.
- Finally, tap on Notifications, and make sure that ‘Enable Notifications’ is marked checked.
If you want to control individual notifications on the app, check out Snapchat’s dedicated page about the topic to learn more.
For iOS devices, follow the steps below to enable notifications on your device.
- On your home screen, tap on Snapchat to open it.
- After that, tap on the Profile icon on Snapchat’s main page.
- Now, tap on the Gear icon on the top-right corner of your screen.
- Finally, tap on Notifications and make sure that Snapchat’s notification feature is enabled.
If you want to configure individual notifications, check Snapchat’s dedicated page to guide you on the process.
2. Enable Background App Refresh.
Background app refresh is a feature on operating systems that allows programs and apps to check for an update while running in the background. This way, you can receive notifications from applications even if they are closed.
On Android, check out the guide below to enable background app refresh.
- First, open the Settings app from your home screen.
- Now, tap on the Accounts and Backup tab to open it.
- After that, tap on Accounts.
- Finally, scroll down to the bottom, and make sure that Auto Sync Data is enabled. Do take note that the location and naming of this button may vary depending on the device you use.
For iOS devices, you can enable background app refresh by doing the following:
- On your iOS device, tap on the Settings app to open it.
- Inside Settings, tap on General.
- Finally, tap on Background App Refresh, and make sure that it is enabled.
After turning on the background app refresh, ask your friends to send you a message on Snapchat to check if you will receive a notification.
3. Clear App Cache.
One of the most effective ways to fix problematic applications is to clear their app cache. App caches are temporary data stored on your device locally, which helps applications to perform faster.
However, these data can get corrupted anytime and cause problems on the app.
- First, open Snapchat on your device.
- On Snapchat, tap on your Profile icon located at the top left corner of your display.
- Now, tap on the Settings button.
- After that, scroll down and tap on Clear Cache.
- Finally, tap on Continue (Android) or Clear All (iOS) to clear Snapchat’s cache.
After clearing the app cache, use Snapchat normally to check if notifications are now working.
4. Reinstall Snapchat.
If Snapchat is not working properly on your device, it is possible that its installation files got corrupted over an update or while in use. Whatever the case is, the easiest fix for this is to reinstall the app.
On Android, check out the guide below to reinstall Snapchat.
- First, tap and hold Snapchat on your home screen until the selection screen pops-up.
- After that, tap on Uninstall to remove the app from your device.
- Finally, go to the Play Store and reinstall Snapchat.
For iOS devices, you can reinstall Snapchat by doing the following:
- On your home screen, tap and hold Snapchat until the option screen shows up.
- Now, tap on Remove App and follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall Snapchat.
- Once done, launch the App Store and reinstall the app.
After reinstalling Snapchat, ask one of your friends to send you a message to check if you will receive a notification.
However, if Snapchat notifications are still not working, head down below, and try the next method.
5. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Network problems could also be the cause of Snapchat notifications not working. Snapchat needs a decent internet connection to gather the latest data from its servers. If you are not receiving notifications, run a speed test using Fast.com on your device.
If the test results show that your network is unstable, try to restart your router to re-establish a better connection with your ISP. To do this, find your router’s power cable, and unplug it from the wall outlet. Now, wait for 5 to 10 seconds before you plug the power cable back in.
After restarting your router, run another speed test to check if it resolved the problem. However, if your network continues to run slow, contact your service provider immediately, and have them fix the issue.
6. Check Network Permissions.
Another angle to look at is your network permissions. If Snapchat doesn’t have the proper permissions to access your network, it won’t be able to refresh its data.
On Android, you can change your network permissions by doing the following:
- First, open Snapchat on your device.
- After that, tap on the Profile icon on the main screen.
- Now, tap on Settings to open it.
- Inside Settings, scroll down to the Privacy tab, and tap on Permissions.
- Finally, ensure that Snapchat is allowed to access your network.
For iOS users, follow the guide below to view your permissions settings.
- Open Snapchat on your device.
- Now, tap on the Profile icon on the top-left corner of your screen.
- After that, tap on the Settings button, which has a gear icon.
- Scroll down until you see the Additional Services tab.
- Next, tap on Manage.
- Finally, tap on Permissions, and allow Snapchat to use your network.
Ask one of your friends to send you a message again to check if notifications are working now.
7. Try Fiverr.
Looking to hire freelancers for your projects? Check out Fiverr!
Fiverr is an online marketplace that helps persons like you find professionals to help with their projects. They have a wide pool of freelancers that offers services from different fields like web development, marketing, and more!
With Fiverr, you can know upfront the cost of your projects before it even begins. In terms of payments, they have a secure channel that acts as a middleman, which protects both customers and freelancers.
On the other hand, if you want to start a freelancing career, you can also sign up as a freelancer, and showcase your skills online while earning money.
8. Report the Problem to Snapchat.
If none of the methods above helped in solving your problem, try reaching out to Snapchat’s support team.
Report the problem to Snapchat, and hope that they can provide a solution for your problem immediately. To help out their support team, include important details on your report like the device you use, and your account information.
This brings us to the end of your guide on how to fix Snapchat notifications not working. If you know other ways to address this issue, kindly share them in the comment section. We’d be happy to give you credit for the solution once we update this article.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂