On a regular morning, you launch the Instagram app and you are greeted with a “Sorry there was a problem with your request” message when you try to login to your account.
Thinking it was just a random occasion, you tried to re-enter your login details but still no luck. You are locked out of your account. You can’t use the app to view stories and posts from your family and friends.
Now, there are a number of users who reported that they have also experienced the same issue on their user accounts.
In this guide, we are going to show you a few troubleshooting techniques that you can do to fix the problem “Sorry there was a problem with your request” issue with your Instagram account.
- 1. Login Your Account on a Different Device.
- 2. Remove Linked Facebook Account.
- 3. Use a Different Network Connection.
- 4. Clone The Instagram App (Android Device Only).
- 5. Reset Your Device.
- 6. Contact Instagram for Support.
1. Login Your Account on a Different Device.
Before doing any actions to troubleshoot the problem on your device. The first thing that you should do is try and log in to your account on a different device like your computer’s browser.
Trying to access your account on a different device would ensure that the problem is isolated on the device that is having problems with the Instagram app. On your browser, you can go to Instagram.com and try to access your account.
If you are able to log in to your account on other devices then, you can proceed to the methods below.
However, if you are still unable to use your account even on a different device then you should proceed to Method 3 below.
2. Remove Linked Facebook Account.
If you can access your Instagram account using a different device. You can try removing any linked Facebook account with your Instagram profile. This method was confirmed by several users to be effective in fixing the “Sorry there was a problem with your request” error on the Instagram app.
Keep in mind that this method is only possible if you can access your account using the Instagram app on another device.
- Open the Instagram app on your temporary device and log in to your account.
- Now, inside the Instagram app, you will find a navigation bar at the bottom of the screen. Tap on the button that shows your profile photo.
- This will take you to your Profile page. Next, inside your Profile page, you will see a button with three horizontal lines at the upper right portion of the screen. Press it to open the Side menu.
- After that, tap on the Settings button located at the bottom of the Side menu.
- Next, inside the Settings page, tap on the Account tab. Then, press on Linked Accounts.
- Lastly, click on the Facebook account linked to your Instagram profile and tap on the Unlink button.
After removing the Facebook account connected to your Instagram account. Try to access your profile by using your primary device to check if the problem with the Instagram app is fixed.
However, if removing the linked Facebook profile did not fix the “Sorry there was a problem with your request” error on the Instagram app. You can try using a different network to access your Instagram account.
3. Use a Different Network Connection.
When you are unable to access your Instagram account even on other devices, it is possible that the problem is with your internet connection.
Instagram can block your network connection’s IP address if you have violated some of their user policies. This restricts you from accessing any of Instagram’s features.
However, there are cases that IP addresses are blocked by mistake which can cause the “Sorry there was a problem with your request” error. Thankfully, these IP address bans are temporary and can go away after a couple of hours. You can learn more about this temporary bans on one of our guides
In the meantime, you can use your device’s cellular data or connect to other wireless networks to access your Instagram account if it is really important for you to log back into your account. Remember to connect to your wireless network once in a while to check if the temporary ban is already removed.
Alternatively, you can also contact Instagram’s support to let them know about the issue which is discussed in detail in the last part (Method 6) of this guide.
4. Clone The Instagram App (Android Devices Only).
Some Android devices have a feature that lets you make a copy of an application on your device. This allows you to use two separate accounts on one device.
However, this can also be used to make a fresh copy of the Instagram app. It is possible that the current Instagram app installed on your device has some corrupted files which cause the error message on the app. Cloning the Instagram app would ensure that you have a fresh copy of the software.
Since not all Android devices have this feature, we are going to use an app called Parallel Space (Free) to clone the Instagram app.
- Download and Install the Parallel Space application on Google Play Store.
- Next, inside the Parallel Space app, click on Instagram and tap on Add to Parallel Space.
- Now, a permissions prompt will appear on the screen. Read the terms and tap on Accept.
- Lastly, open the Instagram app inside the Parallel Space app and try to access your account.
Now, if cloning the Instagram app did not work for you, proceed to the next method below to try and fix the “Sorry there was a problem with your request” error.
5. Reset Your Device.
If you are still having problems with the Instagram app after doing the solutions above, you can try resetting your device to make sure that all system settings are properly configured.
It is possible that you have changed some system settings that cause the error message. It could also be the fact that your device’s software may have gotten corrupted which makes it not function properly.
To reset your device, you can follow the guide below for both iOS and Android.
How to Reset an Android Device.
For Android-powered devices, you can reset your device by following the detailed steps below.
- Open your device and go to the App Drawer. Then, tap on the Settings app to launch it.
- Inside the Settings app, scroll down and find the Accounts & Backup tab then, tap on it.
- Next, click on the Reset button inside the Accounts & Backup tab.
- Lastly, click on the Factory Data Reset button to reset your Android device.
Now, wait for the process to finish then, reinstall the Instagram app to see if the login problem is already resolved.
How to Factory Reset an iOS Device.
If you are using an iOS device, follow the step-by-step method below to guide you in resetting your device.
- On your iOS device, go to the main screen and tap on the Settings app.
- Next, inside the Settings app, click on the General tab.
- Now, scroll down and find the Reset button inside the General tab.
- Lastly, click on Erase All Content and Settings. Then, a pop-up page will appear, tap on Erase iPhone/iPad.
This process may take several minutes to complete. After resetting your iOS device, download and install the Instagram app to check if the problem with logging in to your account is solved.
Sadly, if you are still having problems with the Instagram app after resetting your device, then the only thing you can do is to ask for professional help.
6. Contact Instagram for Support.
The final thing to do to, if all of the solutions above prove useless, is to head on over to Instagram’s Help Center to find some tips and answers as to why this kind of error happens on your device.
Instagram has an excellent help center that has a lot of useful guides that can help you troubleshoot basic problems that you may encounter while using their application. To make it easier for you, check out this thread on Instagram’s Help Center that has a lot of useful guides in dealing with login issues on the Instagram app.
This ends our guide on how to fix the “Sorry there was a problem with your request” error on the Instagram app. If you know other ways on how to possibly fix the problem on the Instagram app, kindly share it on the comment section below and we would give you credit once this article got updated.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂