Wondering how to speed dial in home screen on iPhone?
Unlike Android, Apple doesn’t allow its users to pin contacts to the home screen. However, iPhone users can efficiently utilize the speed dial feature, which serves the same purpose.
With the help of a speed dial on the iPhone, you have the option to save your important and emergency contacts with their photo icons on your home screen. From there, you can quickly access and call these contacts with just a tap.
So, if you’re also looking for the fastest way to call, message, or Facetime a person through the speed dial function on iPhone, you’ve come to the right page. In this article, you will learn a few ways to bring your important and emergency contacts to your home screen for ease of access.
So, without a further delay, let’s head right into it!
1. Utilize Shortcuts App.
By using the Shortcuts app, you can easily create a shortcut of the contact you wish to add to your home screen. Before proceeding, ensure that the Shortcuts app is working, otherwise, you’ll need to fix it. After that, you will be able to have contacts on the speed dial on the home screen of your iPhone.
To do so, follow these steps below:
- To start, open the Shortcuts app from your iPhone.
- After that, select ‘+’ present at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Next, change the name of your shortcut from the top.
- Now, tap on the search bar at the bottom, type Call, and press the ‘+’ next to the Call option.
- Then, tap on Contact next to the Call option and select a contact you wish to add to your home screen.
- Afterward, select the Filter icon from the top of your screen and tap Add to Home Screen.
- On the next screen, you have the option to change the profile icon of your contact. Tap on the icon next to your contact’s name and select Choose Photo to add an image from your camera roll. Also, you can tap Take Photo and take one from your camera.
- Once you’re done selecting a photo for your contact, tap Add from the top-right corner of your screen to be directed to your home screen.
After you’ve finished adding important contacts to your home screen, tap on one of them to see if it makes a call.
2. Use the Speed Dial Shortcut.
Another way to speed dial in home screen on iPhone is through the speed dial shortcut. This shortcut allows you to call a contact by utilizing the Siri command or a Speed Dial icon on your home screen. The speed dial shortcut can be accessed and edited through the Shortcuts app.
Here’s how to do it:
- Firstly, install the Speed Dial shortcut on your device.
- Next, select Set Up Shortcut from the bottom of your screen.
- On the next screen, tap + present next to the Phone Number option to add a contact on your speed dial.
- Once you’re directed to your contact list, tap on the contact’s name that you wish to add to your speed dial and select Add Shortcut. You can add as many contacts as you like.
- Now that you’ve added your important contacts, head over to the Shortcuts app to edit your list or add it to your home screen.
- From the My Shortcuts screen, tap on Speed Dial.
- This will bring up all the contacts you’ve included in your speed dial. You can edit the list by adding and removing contacts.
- Once done, go back to My Shortcuts and tap on the three horizontal dots present on Speed Dial.
- Now, select the Filter icon located next to the Speed Dial option.
- Then, tap on Add to Home Screen.
- On the next screen, tap Add to add the Speed Dial icon to your home screen for easy access.
- Tapping on Speed Dial from your screen will show you the contacts you’ve added to it. The call will be initiated after selecting the contact you want to call.
Also, you can reach the Speed Dial shortcut through Siri. After saying “Hey Siri, Speed dial,” a pop-up screen will show the list of contacts from where you can select the one you wish to call.
3. Use the Widget Contacts App.
The Widget Contacts app lets you speed dial from your iPhone’s home screen. It has other features, such as messaging, Facetime, and WhatsApp. However, you can only add four contacts with its free version. You can also buy its paid version if you wish to add more.
To utilize the Widget Contacts app to speed dial in home screen on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Begin by installing the Widget Contacts app on your Apple device from the App Store.
- Once it’s downloaded, launch it by tapping on it from your home screen.
- Next, swipe all the way to the right till you reach the last screen and select Add A Favorite.
- Now, allow the Widget Contacts app to access your contacts by tapping OK.
- After that, select the contacts that you want to add and tap on Done.
- A pop-up notification will show up. Tap OK to proceed.
- Then, head back to your home screen and press and hold on it till the apps start to wiggle.
- Now, tap on + from the top-right corner of your screen and choose the widget contacts from the top.
- Then, select Add Widget from the bottom of your screen.
- Afterward, tap and hold the newly added widget and select Edit Widget.
- Under the Favorites section, tap Choose and select the contacts you added into your Widget Contacts app.
- Once done, tap anywhere on the screen to redirect to your home screen, where you will be able to view your contacts on the top.
- To call, simply tap on the contact name from your Widget Contacts and select the Call option.
4. Use CallMeIcons.
CallMeIcons provides you with an easy alternative to a speed dial feature. It allows you to call your favorite contacts from your screen instantly. This method of adding your contacts to your home screen is simple and takes only a minute or two.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Start by heading over to the homepage of the CallMeIcons website and selecting the Create Your Own button.
- Since you’re looking to speed dial contacts, select Phone Call from the drop-down options on the next screen and tap Next.
- Now, provide the Phone Number of the contact you wish to add to the speed dial and tap on Next.
- After that, type in their Name and select Next.
- From the next screen, either add their photo by selecting Upload Image or pick an icon from their icon library. If you’re uploading a contact photo, you have the option to zoom in/out and crop it.
- Once you’ve added an image or icon, tap on Create Icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now, select the Share icon from the bottom and tap Add to Home Screen, and you’re done! Ensure that this method works by heading to your home screen. Tapping on the contact you just added will initiate a call to them.
Now you know how to speed dial in Home Screen on iPhone. You can utilize any of the methods mentioned in this guide to call up a friend or family instantly. If you have any more queries, you can use the comments section below. We will be happy to assist you further.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂