Is your Spotify activity not showing on Discord?
Discord is one of the best communication platforms out there, with tons of incredible features that make your experience worthwhile. Besides the various servers you can join, you can also start your own and invite your friends over.
With Discord servers, you can create different channels for different topics and start watch parties with your friends via screen sharing.
You can also connect various applications such as Spotify, Facebook, YouTube, and more.
Connecting your Spotify account on Discord allows you to listen to what your friends are playing on their accounts. This gives you the option to game, chat, and party all at once.
What a neat feature, right?
Unfortunately, Spotify integration on Discord doesn’t work all the time, and there are instances when it doesn’t show up on your activity. When this happens, your friends can’t join your listening session.
In this guide, we’ll show you what to do if Spotify is not showing on Discord.
1. Check Discord Servers.
Whenever you encounter issues on Discord, we always suggest that you check the platform’s status first. This way, you can identify whether the problem is coming from your device or Discord’s end.
To check Discord’s servers, visit their dedicated status page and see if there are reported issues on the platform.
Unfortunately, the only thing you can do if the servers are down is waiting for their team to address the problem. On the other hand, you can head to the next solution below if there’s nothing wrong with the servers.
2. Restart Your Applications.
If Spotify is not showing up on Discord, we suggest restarting both applications to rule out issues caused by temporary bugs and glitches. This should also allow your system to clear Discord and Spotify’s cache.
Simply close Discord and Spotify on your computer and wait for at least five seconds before relaunching them.
3. Reconnect Your Spotify Account.
You may have recently changed your Spotify’s password, which reset the link with your Discord account. Temporary errors may have also occurred on Discord, causing your Spotify data to corrupt.
To fix this, follow the guide below to reconnect your Spotify account on Discord:
- On your system, launch Discord and access the Settings.
- After that, go to the Connections tab and find your Spotify account.
- Now, click the ‘X’ button next to your account to disconnect it from Discord.
- Finally, click on the Spotify icon under the Connect Your Account tab to reconnect your account.
Go back to your channel afterward to see if your Spotify activity is showing.
4. Change Your Discord Status.
Discord allows users to change their status on the app depending on their preference. If you don’t want to appear online, you can switch to Invisible mode to hide your activities on Discord. However, if you want to share your listening activity, it won’t show up if you set your status to Offline or Invisible.
To fix this, follow the steps below to change your account status:
- Open Discord on your computer.
- Next, click on your Profile on the lower left corner of the window.
- Finally, choose the Online option.
Ask one of your friends to check your status on the server and see if they can join your Spotify session.
5. Check Your Activity Status Settings.
Another reason why Spotify is not showing on your Discord status is if the feature is disabled on your account. Discord users can choose whether to display the game or app they are using on the platform.
If your Spotify activity is not showing on Discord, follow the steps below to change your status settings:
- First, open Discord and go to the Settings.
- After that, click on the Activity Status page.
- Lastly, ensure that ‘Display Current Activity as Status Message’ is enabled.
Once done, go back to your server, and your listening activity should appear on the top right corner of the window.
6. Add Spotify to Your List.
Discord might be suffering from a technical issue, causing it not to detect Spotify on your system. To fix this, add Spotify manually to Discord’s game list.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On Discord, access the Settings and go to the Activity Status tab.
- Now, click on Add This! under the ‘No Game Detected’ message.
- Finally, choose Spotify from the list.
Restart Discord afterward and check if the problem is solved.
7. Reinstall Discord and Spotify.
If none of the solutions above worked for you, we recommend reinstalling Discord and Spotify. Some of your installation files may have gotten corrupted, causing issues on the platform.
Here’s how you can uninstall apps on Windows:
- Open the Control Panel on your Windows PC.
- After that, click on Uninstall a Program and locate the app you want to remove.
- Finally, right-click on the app and choose Uninstall.
After removing Discord and Spotify, download their installers to your computer to reinstall them.
That ends our guide on what to do if Spotify is not showing on your Discord status. If you have questions or clarifications about the steps, please let us know in the comment section, and we’ll do our best to help.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂