Is your character stuck in Genshin Impact?
Being an open-world title, Genshin Impact’s developers did a great job optimizing the world of Teyvat. Genshin’s fantasy world has many objects that you can interact with like barrels, tents, and rock formations that you can climb.
However, there are instances where glitches occur in the game.
Since Genshin Impact is still in its early stages, we get that there are still aspects that need to be iron out. Unfortunately for gamers, it is frustrating to get stuck around rock formations, and even under the tents.
Getting your character stuck in Genshin Impact means that you cannot continue your quest or grind more currencies to buy wishes.
Lucky for you, we are here to help you out!
In this guide, we will show you what to do if your character is stuck in Genshin Impact.
Let’s get started!
- 1. Restart the Game.
- 2. Update Genshin Impact.
- 3. Stop Other Applications.
- 4. Teleport to Another Location.
- 5. Burn Your Character.
- 6. Avoid Shortcuts.
- 7. Try PureVPN.
- 8. Reach Out to Genshin Impact Community.
1. Restart the Game.
If the game glitched out on you, and your character is stuck behind a wall or under objects, try to restart the game, and hope you would spawn in a different location.
On Windows devices, you can restart Genshin Impact by doing the following:
- First, open the Quick Access Menu on your computer by pressing the Windows + X keys on your keyboard.
- Now, click on the Task Manager to open it.
- Inside the Task Manager, click on the Processes tab to see all the programs that are running on your system.
- Finally, click on Genshin Impact, and hit the End Task button to stop it from running.
For Android devices, see the steps below on how to restart the game.
- On your device, swipe upwards from the bottom of your screen until the application switcher appears.
- After that, locate Genshin Impact from the list of applications.
- Finally, flick the game upwards to remove it from the list.
If you are using an iOS device with an all-screen display, you can open the app switcher by swiping upwards from the bottom of your display. Now, find Genshin Impact, and drag the game upwards until it is removed from the app switcher.
On the other hand, if your iOS device still has the Home button, tap it twice to view the app switcher. Locate the game afterward, and swipe it upwards to close it.
Finally, if you have a Playstation 4, you can restart Genshin Impact by doing the following:
- On your PS4 controller, tap and hold on the PS button.
- Once you see the Quick Menu, highlight the Close Application tab.
- Finally, hit the O or X button (depending on your preference) on your controller to proceed.
After closing the game, relaunch it on your device and see if your character can now move freely.
2. Update Genshin Impact.
The main reason for your character getting stuck in Genshin Impact is bugs and glitches. miHoYo releases frequent updates on their game to address this issue, and improve your overall user experience in the process.
Try to update Genshin Impact to eliminate glitches on the game.
For Windows devices, simply open the game launcher on your system and it will automatically install the updates for you.
If you are using an Android device, you can update Genshin Impact by doing the steps below.
- To start, go to the home screen of your device, and tap on Google Play Store.
- Now, tap on the Menu button inside the search bar to view the side menu.
- On the side menu, tap on My Apps & Games.
- Finally, tap the Update button next to Genshin Impact if there is an update available.
If you are an iOS user, see the guide below on updating apps on your device.
- First, head to the home screen of your device and tap on the App Store.
- Inside the App Store, tap on the Updates tab. This will prompt your device to check for any possible updates for all the apps installed on your device.
- Finally, hit the Update button beside Genshin Impact to install the update.
On the other hand, if you play on a PS4, you can update Genshin Impact by doing the following:
- On your PS4, go to your home screen and select Genshin Impact.
- Now, hit the Options button on your controller to view the side menu.
- Finally, select Check for Updates and hit the O or X button to continue with the process.
After updating the game, go back to Genshin Impact and try to roam around.
3. Stop Other Applications.
Open world titles like Genshin Impact demands a large portion of your system’s resources to run smoothly. If other apps are running in the background, the game might have difficulties running and could encounter problems.
If your character glitched out, try closing some background applications to free up your system resources.
- First, open the Task Manager on your computer, as mentioned in Method 1.
- After that, click on the Processes tab to see all the programs running on your computer.
- Finally, close down unnecessary applications. Be extra cautious when closing down system applications, as this can make Windows crash.
Once done, restart the game and observe if you would still experience glitches while playing.
However, if you continue to experience bugs and problems within the game, head down below, and try the next method.
4. Teleport to Another Location.
If you have tried the solutions above, and your character is still stuck in Genshin Impact, try teleporting to another location. In-game, you can teleport to some locations, which could get you out of your current situation.
However, keep in mind that this would only be possible if you’ve activated some Teleport Waypoints along your journey.
- First, open the Map on Genshin Impact.
- Inside the Map, select one of your activated Waypoints.
- Finally, hit the Teleport button to continue.
Now, your character is free to move, and you can get back to whatever quest you are doing.
5. Burn Your Character.
If you haven’t activated any Teleport Waypoints yet, you can try killing your character voluntarily. For this to work, you need to have a character with Pyro (fire) Skills, and grass around you to burn.
Take note that this won’t be effective if you are stuck on rock formations or non-flammable materials.
- First, switch to a character that has a Pyro Skill available.
- After that, aim to the ground (grass).
- Finally, use the Pyro Skill to burn the grass and your character.
Once done, your character will respawn to the nearest Waypoint even if you haven’t activated it.
6. Avoid Shortcuts.
To avoid getting stuck on objects around you, try to follow down the suggested paths when completing a quest or mission. Do not go over obstacles or climb up walls just to cut down the travel time.
Although it is time-consuming, at least you get to experience the whole game. What’s the point of playing if you are just going to speed run everything. 🙂
7. Try PureVPN.
Love playing Genshin Impact on other regional servers? Try using PureVPN.
Aside from performance, PureVPN also provides security to your network with features like Split Tunneling, Internet Kill Switch, and Military Grade Encryptions.
Say goodbye to lags and high pings with PureVPN!
8. Reach Out to Genshin Impact Community.
If you are out of options, we suggest that you visit Genshin Impact’s community.
Since the game is trendy, its community is very active, and fellow gamers might help you out. Try consulting the community about the problem that you’ve experienced.
Be sure to include the exact location where you got stuck in Genshin Impact when asking the community.
This sums up our guide on what to do if your character is stuck in Genshin Impact. If you have other questions, leave a comment below, and we’ll try our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂