Is your Telegram not sending messages on iPhone?
Ever since users came to know about Whatsapp privacy, many people have shifted to using Telegram. It is a cloud-based service offering exceptional cross-platform compatibility. But its popularity mainly grew due to many thoughtful features and end-to-end encryption.
Unfortunately, the human race has failed to design a single application that does not cause the users any trouble. While the Telegram has solved the privacy concerns, numerous issues are reported on the app performance.
The worst problem is that if Telegram cannot send messages on iPhone, it also fails to deliver the core objective of the app. However, this doesn’t mean there aren’t any fixes. Below, we’ll be taking you through a list of methods you can adopt to resolve the issue.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
1. Check Your Network Connection.
As Telegram runs on the internet, you will need to make sure that its strength is enough to load activity and send messages across. You can use an online speed tester for that purpose.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the Safari app from your device and head to Google.
- Then, type in ‘speed test’ in the search bar.
- Now, tap on the first search result that appears. This is usually Speedtest by Ookla.
- After that, select the GO present in the middle of the screen. The process will continue for a few seconds.
- The page will then display your network connection analysis. If you don’t find the results satisfactory, you can change the Wi-Fi connection to Mobile Data or vice versa.
If the strength isn’t enough, switch to Mobile Data or Wi-Fi according to what you were using earlier. You may also reboot the router if necessary.
2. Enable Mobile Data for Telegram.
Your app permission settings may also be the reason behind Telegram not sending messages on iPhone. Particularly if you’re using Mobile Data but have not given its permission to Telegram, the app will not load at all.
Here’s how to change that:
- Head to the Settings app from your Apple device.
- Next, scroll down and locate Telegram. Then, tap on it.
- Afterward, turn the toggle on for Mobile Data.
In case you don’t want to allow Telegram to use your Mobile Data, it is recommended to switch to Wi-Fi.
3. Allow the App to Run in the Background.
Oftentimes, users encounter the issue when sending large files across the platform. That doesn’t mean Telegram cannot deal with larger files. Instead, the problem lies in the app not having the required permission to run in the background.
In that case, refrain from quitting the app until the message is delivered or allow the application to run in the background. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Settings app from the home screen of your device.
- After that, find and tap on Telegram by scrolling down.
- Lastly, turn on the toggle for Background App Refresh.
Go back, resend the message and check if the problem persists.
4. Disable Data Saver.
Sometimes, you may turn on the Low Data mode to limit its usage. The mode works by preventing apps from using excessive amounts of data. Telegram will then may have trouble sending and receiving messages.
When that happens, disable the mode by following these steps:
- From your Settings app, tap on Cellular.
- Afterward, select Cellular Data Options.
- Now, turn off the toggle for Low Data Mode.
If this doesn’t solve the issue, continue to the following methods.
5. Disable Low Power Mode.
Apple devices’ batteries are known for draining quicker. Although many take measures to Maintain the iPhone’s Battery Health, it just cannot compete with other smartphones on the market in this category.
For this reason, Apple released the Low Power mode to save the battery percentage to some extent. When this mode is enabled, your iPhone will restrict certain activities. Therefore, if Telegram is not sending messages, try disabling the mode and see if that works.
These are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to the Settings app from your device.
- Next, scroll down and tap on Battery.
- After that, turn the toggle off for Low Power Mode.
6. Clear App’s Cache.
Your iPhone will face several issues when your cache storage is full, including Telegram not sending messages on iPhone. iPhone native settings do not have an option to clear the application’s cache. Fortunately, Telegram features separate settings in the app that allow you to get rid of unwanted data and files.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Telegram app from your phone.
- Next, select the Settings tab from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Now, tap on Data and Storage and select Storage Usage under the Disk and network usage section.
- From the next screen, tap on Clear Cache.
7. Reinstall/Update the App.
If none of the methods mentioned above have proven useful in solving the issue, chances are the app has been a target of unknown glitches. You can easily eliminate them if they are temporary by reinstalling the app. This works as when an application is deleted, your device discards all its related files as well. Upon reinstalling, the app will be refreshed.
Below are the steps you need to follow:
- Firstly, press and hold the Telegram app from the home screen of your device and let go once the options appear.
- Now, tap on Remove App.
- Afterward, confirm it by selecting the Delete App option.
- Next, head to the App Store from your device.
- Go to the Search tab from the bottom bar.
- Then, type in ‘telegram’ in the search bar located at the top.
- Tap on the Get button next to the Telegram Messenger app to reinstall it.
If you don’t want to delete the app, updating the app is also another great option. To check if there’s an update pending, perform these steps:
- From the App Store, tap on your Profile icon present in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and check for the Telegram app under the Upcoming Automatic Updates section.
- Once you find it, tap on the Update button next to it to update your app to the latest version.
Remember to never run outdated apps on your iPhone again for an optimal experience.
On this note, we end our guide on how to fix Telegram not sending messages on iPhone. If you have more questions, let us know in the comment section. We’ll respond to you as soon as possible.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 😊