Do you notice that your “Time to leave” alert in the calendar is just not working?
The “Time to leave” alert in the calendar is an extremely helpful development if you are often late to appointments and meetings. This option can send you an alert notification regarding when you should leave your current location to reach the final location on time. It keeps in mind the routes and the traffic conditions.
However, sometimes, you may be unable to use this amazing feature as it’s just won’t work on your iPhone. This issue may be because of disabled location settings, turned off notifications and alerts, and rejected app permissions.
We understand your issue, especially if you use this feature on your device extensively. Hence, we have come up with some actual fixes that may help you out with the “Time to leave” alert in the calendar not working issue. So, read on!
1. Turn On Location-Based Alerts
Every app requires your permission, especially if it’s related to location due to privacy concerns. Hence, if you have not allowed or given permission to the app to use the location services or location-based alerts, you may encounter issues.
Similarly, you need to enable the location-based alerts on your Apple device so that the Calendar can use it. Once you do, it may sort out your “Time to leave” alert issue.
Here’s how you can turn on location-based alerts:
- You need to go to the Settings app.
- From the Settings, go to the Privacy option.
- Then, in the Privacy option, go to the Location Services option.
- Further, in the Location Services option, you’ll find Location Alerts.
- Lastly, just turn on the Location Alerts.
2. Allow Calendar To Access Location
Apart from turning on the location-based alerts, it is necessary to allow Calendar to access your location as well. Sometimes, you may decline the app’s request to use location. This may not allow certain features to work in the Calendar.
Hence, if your “Time to leave” alert is simply not working, make sure that you check whether you have given permission to Calendar for using location or not.
Here’s how you can check that:
- First, go to the Settings app.
- In the Settings app, go to the Privacy option.
- In the Privacy option, tap on Location Services.
- Lately, in Location Services, scroll down to find the Calendar option. Make sure it is set to either ‘While Using’ or ‘Ask Next Time’.
In case your device can’t detect location, check these fixes.
3. Update Your Device
In the case of new software updates available on your iOS device, there are chances that you may face issues with old apps, such as Calendar.
Hence, updating your phone regularly to stay up-to-date with new features and get rid of old bugs becomes necessary.
Here’s how you can update your device:
- First, go to the Settings app.
- Then, in Settings, tap on the General option.
- Furthermore, in the General option, tap on Software Update.
- Lastly, if there are any available updates, update your phone overnight.
4. Reset Location and Privacy Settings
You may have changed the location and privacy settings unknowingly. If there’s an issue with location and privacy settings, then you’ll face issues with not just Calendar but other apps as well.
So, you need to rectify this issue by resetting the location and privacy settings. You don’t have to reset or your phone or all the settings.
Instead, just follow these steps to solve the “Time to leave” alert in Calendar not working issue:
- Go to the Settings app on your device.
- From the Settings, tap on the General option.
- Then, scroll down till you find the Reset option.
- Finally, in the Reset option, choose Reset Location & Privacy.
Once you have reset the option, any previous settings would be changed to the default one.
5. Restart Your Device
This is a simple yet effective fix if something has stopped working in your device all of a sudden. When your device is running, there are many applications running in the background which may put a load on your RAM.
Hence, when you restart your phone, all the applications running in the background shut down. So, if there are any minor crashes or bugs, like the “Time to leave” alert in the calendar not working, then you may fix it. Make sure that you don’t force restart it as it may lead to other problems.
Here’s how you can restart your Apple device:
- Press and hold the respective buttons:
Model: iPhone X, 11, or 12: Either side button or volume button
iPhone 6, 7, 8, and SE (Second Generation): Side Button
iPhone SE (First Generation), 5, or older models: Top Button
- Then, make sure to hold the button until the slider appears.
- You need to drag the slider. After 30 seconds, the phone will power off.
- Lastly, just press the side button to restart your phone.
6. Change The Alert Ringtone
Sometimes, there is no problem in the application but instead your own settings. For instance, you need to enable the calendar notifications as well as alert sounds to receive the alert notification.
First, it is essential to ensure that the calendar alert tone isn’t set to ‘None.’ You need to choose some specific alert ringtones for the same.
Here’s how you can change the alert ringtone to solve the “Time to leave
Alert in the calendar not working problem:
- Go to Settings.
- Then, in Settings, Go to Sounds & Haptics.
- In Sounds & Haptics, scroll down and choose Calendar Alerts.
- Lastly, if the ringtone is set to ‘None’, change it to something else and try again.
7. Change The Calendar Notification Settings
If your notifications are off, you may not receive any notifications, including the alerts. So, if you’re facing troubles related to Calendar alerts, you may need to check the notification settings.
In the Calendar, there are many settings that you need to turn on and check if they’re working or not.
Here’s how you can change the notification settings to solve the “Time to leave” alert not working issue:
- Go to Settings.
- In Settings, choose the Notifications option.
- From the Notifications, select Calendar.
- Then, in the Calendar, turn on Allow Notifications.
- Lastly, you’ll find many options such as Upcoming Events, Invitations, etc. Turn the notifications on for all of them.
The “Time to leave” alert is extremely useful if you have any important meetings or appointments. It can help you from reaching there early or on time. Yet, if there’s an issue like the “Time to leave” alert in calendar not working, then you may face issues.
However, you may get rid of this issue by:
- Turning on location-based alerts
- Allowing location access to Calendar
- Updating or restarting your device
- Resetting Calendar and location settings
Hopefully, after trying out these fixes, you would be able to solve the issue from your end. If nothing works, consider contacting Apple Support.