Is Trello not working on your device?
Trello is one of the best tools for managing multiple projects all at the same time and accomplishing tasks or goals faster. It is available for multiple platforms, including iOS, macOS, Windows, and Android.
The platform also has a dedicated web app for users who don’t want to download the integrated application.
However, using Trello can become disappointing if it fails to work on your end. You’ll end up with a huge list of tasks that you don’t know how to complete, which will take a massive hit on your productivity.
Fortunately, you don’t have to deal with all of that.
In this guide, we will show you what to do if Trello is not working on your device.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Server Status.
Whenever you encounter issues with Trello or any online platform, the first thing you should do is check the servers. This way, you’ll know right away if the problem is coming from Trello’s end or your device.
Fortunately, Trello has a dedicated status page that you can visit anytime you encounter issues with the platform.
If the servers are down, the only option you have is to wait. Sadly, server-related problems can’t be resolved on your end. On the other hand, you can proceed to the next solution below if there’s nothing wrong with the servers.
2. Restart Your Device.
One of the easiest ways to fix most issues on any app or software is to restart your device. This should allow your system to reload its resources and resolve temporary problems that may have occurred during runtime.
- Locate the Power button on your device.
- Press and hold it down until you see the selection menu.
- Finally, tap on Restart.
- Access the Assistive Touch on your iOS device.
- From there, navigate to Device > More.
- Lastly, hit Restart.
- Access the Start Menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Next, go to the Power Options tab.
- Finally, click on Restart to reboot your system.
- Click on the Apple logo in the upper left corner of your display.
- After that, choose the Restart option.
- Lastly, confirm your action by pressing Restart again.
Once done, launch Trello on your device and see if it works.
3. Clear Browsing Data.
If you are using a web browser to access Trello, you might want to clear your browsing data if the platform is not working. Some of your caches and cookies may have gotten corrupted, causing your browser or the website to fail.
See the guide below to clear your browsing data:
- Launch your preferred browser and access Settings.
- Next, go to Privacy and Security.
- Click on Clear Browsing Data afterward to access the browsing data window.
- Now, change the Time Range to All Time and click on all the checkboxes under it.
- Finally, hit Clear Data to start the process.
After clearing your browsing data, go back to Trello and see if the problem is solved.
4. Disable Browser Extensions.
Browser extensions are third-party services or apps that are installed directly on your browser. These provide extra features or functionality to websites, which improves your experience. However, not all extensions work with websites.
If Trello is not working on your browser, there might be some extensions that conflict with the platform.
Here’s what you need to do:
- First, launch your web browser.
- After that, click on More Options and choose Settings.
- Now, click on the Extensions tab on the side menu.
- Lastly, disable your browser extensions.
Once done, try accessing Trello to see if the issue is fixed.
5. Update Trello.
For mobile users, we suggest updating the Trello app if it’s not working. The version you are using might have an underlying issue or is no longer supported by the servers.
- Go to your app drawer and launch the Google Play Store.
- Next, access your profile and tap on Manage Apps & Device.
- After that, go to the Updates Available tab.
- Locate Trello from the list and hit Update.
- Access the App Store on your device.
- Now, go to your Profile and scroll down.
- Find Trello from the list and choose Update.
Once done, go back to the app and see if it works.
6. Reinstall the App.
If none of the solutions above worked, the last thing you can do is reinstall the application on your device. This way, you can ensure that there are no missing resources and that the tool is installed correctly.
For mobile users:
- Go to your home screen or app drawer.
- After that, locate the Trello app.
- Press and hold its app icon until the selection screen appears.
- Finally, tap on Uninstall or Remove App.
- Access the Control Panel on your computer.
- Next, click on Uninstall a Program.
- Lastly, locate Trello from the list and choose Uninstall.
- On your keyboard, press the Command + Space keys to open Spotlight Search.
- Now, look for ‘Finder’ and launch it.
- Access the Applications tab afterward and find Trello.
- Finally, drag the app to the Trash to remove it.
Once done, reinstall Trello on your device and see if it now works.
That brings us to the end of our guide on how to fix Trello if it’s not working on your device. If you have other concerns, feel free to leave a comment below, and we’ll be here to help.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂