Are you wondering why the Twitch mobile app is not working on your device?
Twitch is one of the most convenient platforms to consume live content of gameplays, talk shows, and other big events. Despite the competition with YouTube and Facebook, Twitch still holds the most significant share of live content.
In 2020, the Amazon-owned streaming service recorded over 41 million users in the United States alone.
Despite its status, Twitch is not safe from random errors, downtimes, and crashes.
If you’re reading this, the Twitch mobile app is probably not working on your Android or iOS device. This can be frustrating if you want to watch your favorite shows or content creators on the go.
Usually, outdated software is the common cause of this issue on Twitch. However, it can also be due to improper system configurations, third-party apps, or server-related problems.
In this guide, we will show you what to do if the Twitch mobile app is not working on your device.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Twitch Servers.
If the Twitch mobile app is not working, it may indicate an issue with the servers. Since Twitch is an online service, it relies on its servers to deliver content and features. To confirm this, visit Twitch’s status page to check the servers.
Unfortunately, there’s nothing you can do if the problem is with Twitch’s servers. Check-in after a while to see if the issue is resolved.
On the other hand, you can proceed to the next method below if the servers are up and running.
2. Restart Your Device.
Before changing your configurations, the first thing you can do is restart your device. This should reload Twitch’s resources and eliminate temporary errors that may have occurred during use.
See the steps below to restart your Android device:
- First, locate the Power button on your Android device.
- After that, hold it down until the selection menu shows up.
- Lastly, choose Restart.
For iOS users, follow the guide below:
- Access the Assistive Touch on your iOS device.
- Next, go to the Device tab and tap on More.
- Finally, select the Restart option.
Once done, go back to Twitch to check if the problem is solved.
3. Check Your Date & Time Settings.
Improper date and time settings are the most common culprit for applications that refuse to work on mobile devices. For your system to connect with app servers, it needs to have the correct date and time, or else, the servers will flag them as suspicious devices.
For Android users, see the steps below to change your date and time:
- First, open the Settings on your mobile device.
- Now, go to the System tab and tap on Date & Time.
- Lastly, enable ‘Use Network Provider Time’ and ‘Use Network Provided Time Zone’.
If you’re using an iOS device, here’s what you need to do:
- On your home screen, tap on the Settings app to launch it.
- Next, go to General and access the Date & Time tab.
- Finally, enable ‘Set Automatically’.
Relaunch Twitch afterward to check if the problem is solved.
4. Check Your Network Connection.
A slow or unstable network connection could also cause the Twitch mobile app not to work. Since Twitch is an online platform, you’ll need a decent internet connection to enjoy its services without issues.
To confirm this, perform a speed test using Fast.com to measure your network’s upload and download bandwidth.
If the result indicates a problem with your network, reboot your router or modem to re-establish the connection with your ISP’s servers. Unplug your modem from the power source and wait for at least five seconds before plugging it back in.
Re-run the test afterward to check if the problem is solved. If not, contact your service provider and ask them to fix the issue.
5. Update Twitch.
Outdated versions of Twitch can also be the reason why it’s not working on your mobile device. To rule this out, we recommend updating the Twitch app on your system to ensure you have the latest working version.
For Android users, here’s how you can update Twitch:
- First, open the Google Play Store on your mobile device.
- After that, tap on your Profile and access the Manage Apps & Device tab.
- Now, go to Updates Available and find Twitch.
- Lastly, hit the Update button if there’s an available update.
If you’re using an iOS device, see the guide below to update Twitch:
- On your device, open the App Store.
- Next, tap on your Profile and locate Twitch.
- Finally, tap the Update button.
After updating the app, try using it for a few minutes to see if you’ll encounter issues.
6. Clear Twitch App Data (Android).
If you’re using an Android device, try clearing Twitch’s app data if the mobile app is not working. This should eliminate errors on your system and ensure that there is no corrupted data on your storage.
Here’s what you need to do:
- First, locate Twitch on your app drawer.
- After that, hold down its app icon until the selection menu shows up.
- Now, tap on App Info and go to Storage & Cache.
- Lastly, choose Clear Data.
Re-login to your account afterward and check if the problem is solved.
7. Update Your Device.
Your device might not be compatible with the current version of Twitch, or it has an underlying issue that causes Twitch to malfunction. To fix this, update your device to the latest version to patch bugs and glitches.
For Android users, here’s how you can update your device:
- Open the Settings app on your mobile device.
- After that, go to About or About Phone.
- Finally, tap on Software Updates and follow the prompts.
If you’re using an iOS device, here’s how you can update your system:
- First, open the Settings on your device.
- Next, go to the General tab and tap on Software Updates.
- Lastly, hit the Download and Install button if there’s an available update.
After updating your device, go back to Twitch to check if the problem is solved.
8. Reinstall Twitch.
At this point, the last thing you can do is reinstall Twitch on your device. The app might not be installed correctly on your system or has a corrupted or missing installation file that is unrepairable.
Follow the steps below to delete Twitch on your mobile device:
- Locate the Twitch app from your app drawer.
- After that, hold down its icon until the selection menu appears.
- Finally, tap on Remove App (iOS) or Uninstall (Android) to delete the app.
Go to the App Store or Play Store afterward and reinstall Twitch from there.
That wraps up our guide for fixing Twitch mobile app if it’s not working on your device. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to respond.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂