Want to access your profile, but the Twitter app is not working?
Social media has been a huge part of our lives for the past years, and we often rely on it to know the current happenings around the world. If an application or social media site stops working, many users rely on Twitter to update or voice their concerns.
However, what if the Twitter app is the one that is not working?
If you encounter issues on Twitter, it is probably due to server-related issues or corrupted installation files. Although there are several causes for this problem, troubleshooting should not be difficult if you know what you’re doing.
Today, we’ve decided to make a guide on what to do if the Twitter app is not working.
For starters, check the status of Twitter’s servers first. System maintenance could be ongoing, or an unexpected issue occurred on their end. If Twitter’s servers are down, the best thing you can do for now is to wait until their team figured out the problem.
On the other hand, proceed to the methods below if Twitter’s servers are working fine.
- 1. Re-Login To Your Account.
- 2. Turn Off VPN Services.
- 3. Check for Updates.
- 4. Clear Your Web and Media Storage (iOS Only).
- 5. Check and Reset Your Internet.
- 6. Try Using Fiverr.
- 7. Refer to Our Other Guides.
- 8. Report the Problem to Twitter.
1. Re-Login To Your Account.
If something is not right on the Twitter app, the first thing that you should do is to refresh your account data. You can do this by signing out of your account and logging back in after a couple of minutes.
On Android, you can sign out of your Twitter account by doing the following:
- First, open the Twitter app from the app drawer and navigate to the side menu.
- After that, tap on Settings and Privacy.
- Finally, tap on the Accounts tab and hit the Log Out button.
If you are using an iOS device, follow the steps below to sign out of your Twitter account.
- On your device, open the Twitter app and swipe to the right anywhere on your display to access the side drawer.
- After that, tap on Settings and Privacy and open the Accounts tab.
- Lastly, hit the Log Out button at the bottom of the page to sign out.
Log back in after a few minutes to see if the Twitter app is now working.
2. Turn Off VPN Services.
Problems on the Twitter app could also indicate that your device is struggling to connect with Twitter’s servers. If you are using VPN services, consider disabling them when using Twitter.
Although VPNs provide security to your network, they can also cause instability and delays. Since VPNs change your IP address randomly, your device may struggle to establish a stable connection with Twitter’s servers.
Turn off your VPN before using Twitter and see if the problem goes away.
3. Check for Updates.
Twitter releases updates on its app to ensure that it will run correctly on most devices. However, if you are not fond of updating your applications, now is the time to do so. The version you are using could already have an underlying issue, to begin with, and it is starting to show.
To update the Twitter app on Android devices, see the steps below.
- First, open Google Play Store on your device and tap on the Menu button located inside the search toolbar.
- After that, tap on My Apps and Games to check for updates on your applications.
- If available, tap the Update button next to Twitter to download its latest version.
For iOS users, follow the steps below to update Twitter.
- On your home screen, tap on the App Store to open it.
- After that, access the Updates tab to prompt your device to check for updates on all your applications.
- Lastly, tap the Update button beside Twitter if there’s a newer version available.
After updating the app, try to use Twitter again to see if the issue is solved.
4. Clear Your Web and Media Storage (iOS Only).
On iOS, the Twitter app saves cached files and other temporary data on your web and media storage. The app uses this data to improve its overall performance. If you see problems on Twitter, cached files on your web and media storage may have gotten corrupted.
To fix this, clear your web and media storage to get rid of corrupted files.
- On your iOS device, tap on the Twitter app to open it.
- After that, swipe to the right anywhere on display to open the side menu.
- Now, tap on Settings and Privacy and scroll down to the General tab.
- Open the Data Usage tab afterwards and tap on either Web Storage or Media Storage.
- Lastly, tap on Clear Media or Web Storage.
Do this process until you’ve cleared both web storage and media storage.
5. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Since Twitter is an online platform, a slow internet connection could also cause the Twitter app not to work. To verify this, run a test on your network using Fast.com to measure your network’s current speed.
If the result shows that your connection is slow, re-establish a stable connection with your ISP by restarting your router. Find the power chord of your router and unplug it from the wall outlet for about 10 seconds. Plug back in the power chord afterwards to turn on your router.
Run another test after restarting your router to check if your network is now running correctly. If you continue to experience network problems, contact your ISP immediately and ask them to address the issue.
6. Try Using Fiverr.
Are you a freelancer but struggling to find new projects? Try using Fiverr!
Fiverr is the biggest online platform for digital services like article writing, content creation, logo design, and more. On Fiverr, you can offer your client gig packages and set your preferred price for each project.
They have a payment channel that protects you and your clients from scams. Fiverr acts as a middle man for every project and takes hold of your client’s payment, and releases it automatically after delivering the project.
Get new clients faster using Fiverr!
7. Refer to Our Other Guides.
If you encounter other problems on Twitter, please refer to our other guides below.
- Cannot Access Twitter Timeline? Here’s the Fix!
- Cannot Login Twitter? Here’s the Fix!
- ‘The Connection Has Timed Out’ on Twitter? Here’s the Fix!
- Will Not Load Recent Tweets? Here’s the Fix!
- Cannot Verify with SMS on Twitter
- Tweets Timeline Loading Slow? Here’s the Fix!
- Fix: Images are taking too long to upload on Twitter.
- Twitter Page Won’t Load? Here’s the Fix!
- Twitter Video Playback Issues? Here’s the Fix!
- Blank White Screen on Twitter? Here’s the Fix!
- Fix: “Sorry the request failed. Please try again later” on Twitter.
- Cannot Post Tweet on Twitter? Here’s the Fix!
- Twitter Notifications Not Working? Here’s the Fix!
- Twitter Not Loading? Here’s the Fix!
- Cannot Open Twitter App? Here’s the Fix!
- Polls Are Not Working on Twitter? Here’s the Fix!
- Likes and Following Lagging on Twitter? Here’s the Fix!
- Page Doesn’t Exist on Twitter? Here’s the Fix!
- Cannot Upload Videos on Twitter? Here’s the Fix!
- Twitter Feed Not Working? Here’s the Fix!
- Fleets Not Working on Twitter? Here’s the Fix!
- Liking and Unliking Is Not Working on Twitter? Here’s the Fix!
- Cannot Reply to Comment on Twitter.
- Twitter DM Not Working? Here’s the Fix!
- Lost A Lot of Followers on Twitter? Here’s the Fix!
8. Report the Problem to Twitter.
If you’re still having issues with the Twitter app, we recommend that you let the experts take over and report the problem to Twitter.
When asking for help, try to include helpful details like a screenshot of the issue and your account information. This will help their team understand the situation better to give you the best solution possible.
This brings us to the end of our guide in fixing the Twitter app not working. If you have other questions, please let us know in the comment section below, and we’ll try our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂