Are you wondering why your Twitter feed is not working?
The news feed is an essential part of any social media site. Without the news feed, you won’t see updates from your friends, family, and pages that you follow. On Twitter, you can see updates on your news feed based on the most recent or the most popular posts.
If you rely on Twitter for your day to day tasks, it can be a problem if the Twitter feed is not working on your device.
In most cases, a faulty server or slow internet connection is the primary reason for the Twitter feed not working. However, it is also possible that the problem lies within third-party applications, your settings, or an outdated version of the app.
To help you address this problem, we’ve decided to make a simple guide in fixing the Twitter feed not working.
Let’s get started!
- 1. Check Twitter’s Servers.
- 2. Check Twitter’s Content Preferences.
- 3. Turn Off VPN.
- 4. Check for Updates.
- 5. Clear Your Web and Media Storage (iOS Device).
- 6. Clear Your Browsing Data.
- 7. Try Another Search Browser.
- 8. Reinstall the Twitter App.
- 9. Check and Reset Your Internet.
- 10. Try Using Fiverr.
- 11. Report the Problem to Twitter.
1. Check Twitter’s Servers.
If you do not see anything on your Twitter feed, try to visit Twitter’s server page to check its current status. Their servers could be offline for scheduled maintenance, or an unexpected problem occurred on their end.
Most of the time, server related issues are only fixable on Twitter’s end. In this case, the best thing you can do is wait until their servers are running.
2. Check Twitter’s Content Preferences.
The problem with Twitter feed not working could be caused by your content preferences. On Twitter, you can set custom preferences to filter posts and tweets showing up on your timeline.
You may have set improper configurations that filters all the tweets on your timeline. Check out the guide below to change your timeline preferences.
- First, open the Twitter app on your device.
- After that, access the side menu and tap on Settings and Privacy.
- Finally, tap on Content Preferences and tweak your configurations.
Once done, go back to your Twitter feed to check if the problem is solved.
3. Turn Off VPN.
Another reason for Twitter feed not working is third-party programs. If you use applications like VPN, try turning it off. Although VPN services help keep your network secured, they can also interrupt your connection and cause instability.
Your device may have difficulties connecting with Twitter’s servers, which is why your timeline is not loading or updating.
On the other hand, kindly visit our other guides if you have other issues on your Twitter timeline.
- Tweets Timeline Loading Slow? Here’s the Fix!
- Cannot Access Twitter Timeline? Here’s the Fix!
- Will Not Load Recent Tweets? Here’s the Fix!
4. Check for Updates.
If you haven’t updated the Twitter app on your device for some time, consider downloading the latest version. Its servers may no longer support the version of Twitter you are currently using, and it is having a hard time fetching data.
On Android, you can update Twitter by following the steps below:
- First, open the Google Play Store on your device and tap on the Menu button.
- After that, check for possible updates by tapping on My Apps & Games.
- Lastly, tap the Update button beside Twitter to install the newer version.
If you are using an iOS device, follow the steps below to update Twitter.
- On your home screen, tap on the App Store to open it.
- After that, tap on the Updates tab to check for possible updates.
- Finally, hit the Update button to install the latest version of Twitter.
After updating Twitter, go back to your feed to check if everything is in order.
5. Clear Your Web and Media Storage (iOS Device).
On iOS devices, the Twitter app stores temporary data on your web and media storage used for performance improvements. However, these data could accumulate over time and slow down your system.
Since larger files are harder and slower to load, the Twitter app may feel sluggish, or some of its functions won’t work correctly.
To fix this, clear your web and media storage to free up some space.
- First, open the Twitter app on your iOS device and swipe to the right to access its side menu.
- After that, tap on Settings and Privacy and go to the General tab.
- Now, tap on Data Usage and select either Web Storage or Media Storage.
- Finally, tap the Clear Media or Web Storage button to complete the process.
Do the steps above again until you’ve cleared both your web and media storage.
6. Clear Your Browsing Data.
Your browsing data contains cached files and cookies used to enhance your browser’s performance when loading up websites. However, caches and cookies can get corrupted over time and cause many problems on your browser and websites.
To fix this, clear your browsing data to get rid of corrupted files.
- First, open your browser and hit the CTRL + H keys on your keyboard to access the History tab.
- After that, tap on Clear Browsing Data from the side drawer.
- Now, make sure that your cached files and cookies are included in the clearing process.
- Lastly, change the Time Range to All Time and hit the Clear Data button to start.
Once done, go back to Twitter to check if your feed is now working.
7. Try Another Search Browser.
Your default browser may be encountering an issue as of the moment and having difficulties loading websites. If your Twitter feed is not working, try to use another browser and see if your timeline will load correctly.
8. Reinstall the Twitter App.
If you’re still having issues with your Twitter feed, the next thing that we can suggest is to reinstall the app. Twitter’s installation files may have gotten corrupted on your device and now causing problems with the app.
On Android, follow the steps below to reinstall Twitter.
- First, locate the Twitter app from your home screen.
- After that, hold down on its app icon to open the pop-up menu.
- Lastly, tap on Uninstall to delete the app permanently on your device.
Once done, go to the Play Store and reinstall Twitter.
If you are using an iOS device, check out the steps below to guide you on the process.
- First, unlock your device and find the Twitter app on your home screen.
- Now, tap and hold on to its app icon until the selection screen shows up.
- Finally, tap on Remove App to uninstall Twitter.
After deleting Twitter, open the App Store and reinstall the app from there.
9. Check and Reset Your Internet.
A slow internet connection can also be the cause of the Twitter feed not working on your device. To verify this, run a test on your network using Fast.com to measure its current speed.
If the test shows that your connection is indeed the problem, restart your router to re-establish the connection with your ISP’s servers.
After restarting your router, run another speed test to check if your internet is now running correctly. On the other hand, call your ISP’s attention if the problem on your network occurred again.
10. Try Using Fiverr.
Looking for freelancers? Check out Fiverr!
Fiverr is the leading marketplace for digital services like virtual assistance, logo design, web development, and more! They have thousands of freelancers on their platform, which guarantees that you can find the best freelancers for your projects.
Besides, you can also create your freelancing account if you want a side hustle to earn thousands of dollars.
Get your projects done professionally using Fiverr.
11. Report the Problem to Twitter.
If you’re still having issues with your Twitter feed, we suggest that you visit Twitter’s support page and try to find answers on their website.
You can also try to report the problem to Twitter and hope that they can provide helpful insight into the issue. When reporting a problem, try to include your account details on the report and other information that you find useful.
This sums up our guide in fixing the Twitter feed not working. If you have other questions or concerns, let us know in the comment section, and we’ll do our best to help you out.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂