Is Uplay not launching on your computer?
Uplay is the official game launcher of Ubisoft titles, and it packs convenient features like in-game communication and autosave. With Uplay, fans can manage their favorite Ubisoft games on one platform.
However, there have been reports from various users who encounter problems launching Uplay on their computers.
Based on the reports, the Uplay client is not working properly, and it doesn’t show up when fans click it on their desktop.
Most of the time, this problem on Uplay is caused by improper user configurations and corrupted files. However, it can also be due to third-party applications, system restrictions, and outdated software.
In this guide, we will show you how to fix Uplay if it’s not launching on your computer.
Let’s dive right in!
1. Restart Your PC.
Before changing your configurations, we recommend restarting your computer if Uplay is not launching. This should reload your system resources and resolve temporary errors that may have occurred during use.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key to open the Start Menu.
- After that, access the Power Options tab.
- Finally, choose Restart to reboot your system.
Go back to your desktop and see if Uplay will launch.
2. Run Uplay As Admin.
Launching the client as an administrator is one of the most effective ways to fix this problem on Uplay. This should give the app full access to your system and ensure that it can access all the necessary resources it needs.
See the steps below to launch Uplay as admin:
- First, go to your desktop and locate Uplay.
- After that, right-click on the app and choose Properties.
- Head to the Compatibility tab and enable the ‘Run this Program as an Administrator’ option.
Relaunch the app to check if the problem is solved.
3. Clear Uplay Cache.
Similar to other software, Uplay takes advantage of caching to improve its performance. However, caches on your system can accumulate over time and become corrupted. When this happens, issues might occur on the platform.
To fix this, see the guide below to clear Upaly’s cache:
- Launch File Explorer on your computer.
- Now, go to This PC and access your C: Drive.
- Navigate to Program file x86 > Ubisoft > UbisoftGameLauncher.
- Access the cache folder and remove all of its contents.
Try accessing the client again to see if it will launch.
4. Update Windows.
The version of Windows you are using might have an underlying issue that causes Uplay not to launch. To rule this out, update your operating system to the latest version possible to patch bugs and glitches.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On your computer, access the Start Menu and go to Windows Settings.
- After that, click on Update & Security and click on Windows Update.
- Finally, click on Check for Updates and follow the prompts.
Restart your system to apply the changes and check if the problem is solved.
5. Reinstall Uplay.
If none of the solutions above worked, the last thing you can do is reinstall Uplay on your computer. This way, we can ensure that there are no missing resources on your storage and the client is installed correctly.
Follow the steps below to remove Uplay:
- On your computer, launch the Control Panel and click on Uninstall a Program.
- Now, locate Uplay from the list of apps on your system.
- Finally, right-click on it and choose Uninstall. Follow the prompts to continue.
Reinstall the game client on your computer and see if you can now access it.
That ends our guide on how to fix Uplay not launching on your computer. For your questions and other concerns, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to help.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂