Receiving the Uploading to iCloud Paused Message while backing up on iPhone 13 Pro?
iCloud is a storage service that most Apple users utilize to store their important data and information. This includes photos, messages, app data, device settings, etc. This device backup can be helpful in the event of data loss, phone damage, or even an emergency.
However, several iPhone 13 Pro users have reported an error while uploading their content to iCloud. Even when their device is connected to the Wi-Fi and a power source, they still receive the Uploading to iCloud Paused message on iPhone 13 Pro.
If you are in a similar situation and want to troubleshoot this problem, you’ve come to the right page. In this article, we will discuss various fixes that you can use to resolve this issue. Read this post all the way through to find out what these are.
So, without further delay, let’s get started!
1. Restart Your iPhone.
The most common method to fix your Uploading to iCloud Paused message error is to turn off your iPhone 13 Pro. After a while, restart it and hopefully the iCloud backup will proceed. Shutting down your iPhone will close all the background apps. So, the error will be fixed if it is due to interference from another app.
Here’s how to restart your device:
- To start, press and hold the Side button for a few seconds until a slider appears.
- Next, drag the slider to the right to power off your device.
- Then, wait for a while before restarting your device. After waiting, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
2. Reconnect to Wi-Fi.
When it comes to uploading your content to the iCloud service, one of the most important things you need is a stable internet connection. An unstable connection will pause your upload midway, and you will see the Uploading to iCloud Paused message on your iPhone 13 Pro.
iCloud backup doesn’t work with cellular data, so if your phone is using mobile data, switch to a Wi-Fi network and try again. However, if your phone is connected to Wi-Fi but the message error is still appearing, try reconnecting to your Wi-Fi network.
Here’s how to do it:
- Start off by opening the Settings app from your device.
- After that, tap on Wi-Fi.
- Then, select the Info icon next to the Wi-Fi network your iPhone is connected to.
- Now, tap Forget this Network.
- Next, select the same Wi-Fi network and type in its password to reconnect again.
3. Update the iOS.
One possibility of your content not backing up on iCloud is an outdated iOS. The error was also seen with a specific iOS version, hence, updating your device to the latest version of iOS will be able to fix your iCloud issue.
Even though your Apple device automatically downloads and installs the latest iOS, you can also do it manually by following these steps:
- Firstly, head to the Settings app from your device.
- Next, select General.
- Then, tap on Software Updates.
- After that, let the device check for updates and tap Download and Install in case there’s one available.
If you’re still getting the Uploading to iCloud Paused message on iPhone 13 Pro, move to the following method to fix it.
4. Charge Your Device.
iCloud only backs up your data once it is connected to a charger and has a stable Wi-Fi connection. So, if you’re sure your internet connection is stable, the problem may lie in either your iPhone’s charging cable or the power outlet.
As you plug in your iPhone 13 Pro to a charger, make sure it’s showing the charging symbol. If not, the issue may be with the charging cable or the power outlet. Change your faulty charging cable and get a new outlet then try again. If you’re still unable to charge your device, use a wireless charger.
5. Re-SignIn to Your iCloud.
If your uploading process appears to pause unexpectedly, an easy way to unpause it is by logging out of your iCloud. Then, log back in and check if your problem is resolved or not.
To do so, follow these steps:
- To begin, open the Settings app from your iPhone 13 Pro.
- Then, tap on your iCloud account, which is present at the top.
- After that, scroll down and select Sign Out.
- You will be asked to provide your Apple password for this step. In case you’ve forgotten it, you can easily recover the iCloud password.
- Again, tap on Sign Out, located on the top right corner of your screen.
- A confirmation message will appear. Select Sign Out.
- Your iCloud account will be signed out as you’re redirected to your Settings showing a blank profile at the top. Tap on Sign in to your iPhone.
- Lastly, type in your Apple credentials and select Next. Follow the on-screen instructions to log back into your iCloud account.
6. Ensure You Have Enough Storage Space on iCloud.
Low storage issues can also be the reason your content is pausing from uploading on iCloud. Although iCloud automatically back-up your data every night, if you’re sufficiently low on storage space, it may pause and show you the Uploading to iCloud Paused message on iPhone 13 Pro.
So, it’s best to check your iCloud storage and see if that’s the root cause of your problem. Follow the steps below to do it:
- From the Settings app, tap on your iCloud account present at the top.
- Then, select iCloud.
- Next, check your iCloud Storage bar to see how much of your storage space is full and how much is available. You may need to free up some space or buy extra iCloud storage if your space is full.
7. Toggle Messages On and Off From iCloud Settings.
If you’re still seeing the message error even though you have enough storage space, another thing you may try is to disable and re-enable Messages from your iCloud settings.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Start by going to the Settings app from your iPhone 13 Pro.
- Then, tap on your iCloud account from the top.
- Next, tap on iCloud.
- After that, find and turn the toggle off for Messages. Then, switch the toggle back on.
8. Hard Reset Your iPhone.
If all the methods mentioned above have failed to unpause your iCloud message error, your last resort is to hard reset your iPhone 13 Pro. A force restart will allow your device to reboot itself and remove the minor glitches.
To hard reset your device, do these steps:
- Firstly, press and release the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons. At the same time, press and hold the Side button.
- The power off slider will appear. Keep holding the button till the screen turns black.
- Then, an Apple logo will show up, indicating that your device is rebooting. Once this happens, release the button and wait for your iPhone to turn back on.
This concludes our guide on how to fix Uploading to iCloud Paused Message on iPhone 13 Pro. We hope by now you know what to do when such a message error appears. If you have more questions regarding this topic, feel free to let us know in the comments below and we’ll be happy to help.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂