Can’t figure out why your WhatsApp images are not showing up on the gallery?
WhatsApp is a great instant messaging app to keep in touch with your family and friends. It supports voice and video calls, text messaging, and file sharing. If you use it mainly for casual conversations, you would want to save images or videos at some point.
Although WhatsApp images are downloadable to your phone, some users encounter issues when saving media files from their conversations.
If you are here, we can assume that you cannot see WhatsApp images on your gallery.
This can be a problem if you need to share an image from WhatsApp to another platform or simply want to save it on your device’s storage for easy access.
Based on what we know, this issue is caused by improper configurations. However, it can also be due to corrupted data and outdated software.
Today, we’ll show you how to fix WhatsApp images not showing up on your gallery.
Let’s get started!
1. Enable Media Visibility.
WhatsApp has a security feature that allows you to control whether images on your account show up on your gallery or not. If you have this option disabled, it explains why you can’t view images outside of WhatsApp.
To fix this, see the steps below to change your settings:
- First, open WhatsApp on your mobile device.
- After that, go to the Settings.
- Lastly, tap on Chats and enable Media Visibility.
Once done, go to your gallery and check if you can view images from WhatsApp.
2. Check Your Individual Settings.
You can also control the media visibility of images for individual conversations. If you can’t see images from a specific contact, you may have disabled visibility for that person and forget about it.
Here’s how you can change media visibility for individual conversations:
- On WhatsApp, choose a conversation you want to view images in your gallery.
- Now, tap on your contact’s name inside the conversation and go to Media Visibility.
- Finally, choose Yes.
Head to your gallery afterward and see if you can view images from your conversation.
3. Delete “.nomedia” File (Android).
Another way to view images from WhatsApp on your gallery is by deleting the “.nomedia” file inside WhatsApp’s folder.
Check out the steps below to guide you on the process:
- First, open File Manager or File Explorer on your device.
- After that, go to the Settings and enable the Show Hidden Files option.
- Now, navigate to Android > Media > com.whatsapp > WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Images.
- Lastly, open the Private folder and delete the “.nomedia” file inside.
Once done, restart your gallery, and your WhatsApp images should show up.
4. Enable Auto Download.
If you don’t want to manually save incoming images from your WhatsApp account, enable the autosave feature on the app. This should automatically save all the images you’ll receive from the platform.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Launch WhatsApp on your device and go to the Settings.
- Next, go to Storage and Data.
- After that, tap on When Connected on Wi-Fi under the Media Auto-Download tab and choose the file types you want to be automatically downloaded.
- Finally, tap on When Using Mobile Data and do the same.
Restart the app after changing your settings and ask your friends to send you an image to see if it will automatically save.
5. Contact WhatsApp.
If none of the solutions above worked for you, we recommend that you let the professionals handle the situation.
Go to WhatsApp Help Center and get in touch with their team to report the issue you’ve been experiencing on the app. While waiting, you can browse the other guides on their page and see if you can find other solutions.
That ends our guide for fixing WhatsApp images if they are not showing on your gallery. For your questions and other concerns, please let us know in the comment section, and we’ll do our best to help.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂