Having trouble due to Wi-Fi not working on iPhone 14 Pro?
Although the iPhone 14 Pro has just been released, users have started encountering issues with the device already. One commonly reported problem is the Wi-Fi not working on iPhone 14 Pro, which almost keeps you at a standstill unless you have a Cellular Data package.
The Wi-Fi is either unable to connect or is very slow. In rare cases, you may even fail to connect to the network entirely. To fix this problem, you should first understand the real reason behind it. Usually, router issues or a glitch in the device is what causes the Wi-Fi connectivity problems, but your Internet Service Provider may also be responsible.
To help you identify the cause and resolve the matter, we’ve concluded this detailed guide. Below are some practical solutions that have helped many users get their Wi-Fi back on track.
So without any delay, let’s go through each of them quickly!
1. Restart Wi-Fi on Your Device.
Whenever you face an issue with your internet connection, the first and foremost method is to toggle the connection off and on. This helps get rid of minor glitches in the network connectivity of your device.
Here’s how to do it:
- Head on to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on Wi-Fi.
- Turn off the toggle next to Wi-Fi.
- To reconnect, simply switch the toggle on for Wi-Fi, and your device will automatically reconnect to your home Wi-Fi.
2. Restart Your Router.
If the Wi-Fi is not working on all your devices, the problem may lie in your router. One quick way to solve it is by restarting the Wi-Fi connection by simply disconnecting and reconnecting the router from the power source.
Use the steps below to do it:
- Start by switching off your Wi-Fi router.
- After that, disconnect all the cables attached to your router.
- Now, wait for a while before reconnecting the cables.
- Finally, turn on the router again.
3. Ensure the Date & Time Is Correct.
If you’ve accidentally or deliberately messed with your device’s date and time, there are several issues you may have to encounter afterward. Your region and time play an important role in how your device and its features function.
Simply set the date and time to automatic to resolve the issue of Wi-Fi not working on iPhone 14 Pro. Here’s how:
- Navigate to Settings and select General.
- Then, tap on Date & Time.
- Turn the toggle on for Set automatically.
This should solve your problem. If you’re still facing the same issue, restart your device using the next method mentioned in this guide.
4. Restart Your Device.
If restarting the Wi-Fi connection on your device or the router doesn’t work, consider rebooting your device. It will clear all cache and restart the services, hopefully fixing the Wi-Fi not working on iPhone 14 Pro issue alongside.
Follow the steps below to do it:
- Press and hold the Side button and one of the Volume buttons.
- Once the slider appears, drag it to the right to turn off your iPhone.
- To restart it, hold the Side button again.
- Let go of it once the Apple logo appears.
5. Move Closer to the Router.
If your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network, but the signal strength is very weak, move closer to the router. The signal weakens as the distance between you and the router increases. So there’s no harm in testing this method.
6. Forget Network & Reconnect.
Smartphones can remember the Wi-Fi networks and automatically connect to them whenever it’s in range. But if you’re experiencing the Wi-Fi not working on iPhone 14 Pro issue, consider re-establishing the connection to resolve the issue.
Here’s how to do it:
- Head to Settings and choose Wi-Fi.
- Next, select the info icon present next to your network’s name.
- After that, tap on Forget This Network and choose Forget from the prompt that appears.
- Wait for a few minutes. Then, tap on the network to reconnect to it.
7. Update Your iOS.
Outdated software ends up causing multiple issues on your device. Although iPhone 14 Pro will already have the latest iOS 16 installed, Apple may release the version updates to fix the widespread problems. So, keep checking for a new version.
Here’s how to do it:
- From the Settings app, go to General.
- Afterward, tap on Software Update.
- If your device shows a pending update, tap on Download and Install to update your device to the latest iOS version.
8. Change Your DNS Configuration.
For many users, changing to Google DNS or OpenDNS from the default DNS seems to eliminate Wi-Fi connectivity issues. So if you’ve been unsuccessful in resolving the problem, this might just work for you.
Below are the steps you need to follow:
- Access Settings and go to Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the info icon located beside your network.
- Select DNS and note down the DNS numbers and delete them.
- For Google DNS, type in ‘126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52’.
- For Open DNS, enter ‘184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11’.
9. Reset Network Settings.
It’s possible that the Wi-Fi not working on iPhone 14 Pro issue is caused by misconfigured settings rather than a glitch. In that case, it’s best to reset the network settings on your device. This will not delete your private data, so there’s no need to back up your iPhone before following the method.
These are the steps you must follow:
- From Settings, navigate to General.
- Afterward, scroll all the way down and tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Select Reset and tap on Reset Network Settings.
10. Contact Your ISP.
If nothing works to solve your problem, contact your Internet Service Provider and inform them about your issue. Sometimes, a system-wide fault may be the root cause of your Wi-Fi not working. If that’s the case, all you can do is wait it out until it gets resolved.
11. Contact Apple.
If you’re still unsuccessful in getting your Wi-Fi to work even after following all the methods above, consider taking your iPhone 14 Pro to the nearest Apple store. The issue may be related to hardware, and qualified technicians at Apple will detect and repair the actual problem.
This brings us to the end of our guide on how to fix Wi-Fi not working on iPhone 14 Pro. In case of any queries or confusion, use the comments section below. We’ll gladly assist further.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 😊