Are you wondering why you see a WS-37505-0 error code on your PS4 or PS5?
One of the best additions to the Playstation is the Playstation Network. With PSN, Playstation consoles now have online capabilities. This allows users to play online with their friends and purchase digital copies of games.
In fact, the Playstation 5 has a digital version, which doesn’t have a BluRay disc reader.
Unfortunately, the Playstation Network is not always available, and users may experience issues while using the service just like any online platform out there.
If you are here, you probably see a WS-37505-0 error code on your PS4 or PS5.
Based on what we know, the WS-37505-0 error code occurs when the connection between your console and the servers fail. This can be due to problematic servers, unstable networks, or improper configurations.
Today, we will show you how to fix the WS-37505-0 error code on the PS4 or PS5.
Let’s dive right in!
1. Check Playstation’s Servers.
PSN’s servers may experience downtimes like any online platform, and its services could become unavailable for a certain period. If you see the WS-37505-0 error code on your PS4 or PS5, it may indicate that PSN’s servers are offline.
You can check this by going to PSN’s dedicated page, where you can view the current status of its servers.
If the Playstation Network is down, the only thing you can do for now is to wait it out.
On the other hand, proceed to the following method below to address the issue on your end if PSN’s servers are up and running.
2. Restart Your PS4 or PS5.
Temporary bugs and glitches may occur on your console, which could cause connection problems, explaining the WS-37505-0 error code on your PS4 or PS5. To fix this, restart your system to reload all of its resources and eliminate the problem.
If you are using a Playstation 4, follow the step-by-step guide below to restart your console:
- On your controller, press and hold the PS button until the Quick Menu shows up.
- After that, go to the Power tab and highlight Restart PS4.
- Finally, press the O or X button on your PS4 controller to confirm.
For the PS5, here’s what you need to do:
- First, locate the PS button on your controller.
- Now, press and hold it to open the Quick Menu.
- Lastly, click on Restart PS5 and wait for your console to restart.
After restarting your console, try using it for a few minutes to check if the WS-37505-0 error code would still occur.
3. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Another reason why the connection between your console and the servers fail is slow or unstable internet. Since PSN is an online platform, your network must be working correctly to use its services without issues.
To check the quality of your connection, run a test using Fast.com to measure your network’s current upload and download speed.
If the test indicates that your network is the problem, restart your modem or router to re-establish the connection with your internet service provider.
Run another test afterwards to check if the problem is solved. If your connection is still slow or unstable, contact your ISP and ask them to fix the issue.
4. Change Your DNS.
DNS or Domain Name System is an integral part of the internet, which tells your device the corresponding IP address for every website or domain. It functions as the phonebook of the internet.
Unfortunately, some ISPs use their own DNS and could become unavailable for a short period. If you encounter the WS-37505-0 error code on your PS4 or PS5, try using Google’s DNS.
See the steps below to guide you on the process:
- On your Playstation, go to the Settings and click on the Network tab.
- After that, open the Internet Connection Setup tab and select Use Wi-Fi.
- Now, set the IP Address settings to Automatic and choose Do Not Specify for the DHCP Host Name.
- For the DNS Settings, click on Manual and enter the following:
Primary DNS: 18.104.22.168
Secondary DNS: 22.214.171.124
- Finally, set the MTU Settings to 1456 and select Do Not Use for the Proxy Server.
Once done, try connecting to PSN again and check if the problem is solved.
5. Update Your PS4 or PS5.
You can also try updating your Playstation’s software if you see the WS-37505-0 error code. The current version of your system may have an underlying connectivity issue that needs to be addressed through an update.
For the Playstation 4, you can update its operating system by doing the following:
- First, go to your PS4’s Settings and click on System Software Update.
- Now, click on Update Now to check for available updates.
- Lastly, press the Accept button and follow the on-screen prompts to update your Playstation.
If you are using a PS5, follow the guide below to update your system:
- On your console, go to the Settings and click on the System tab.
- After that, navigate to System Software > System Software Update and Settings.
- Next, click on Update System Software.
- Finally, select Update Using Internet and follow the prompts to continue with the process.
After the update, use your PS4 or PS5 for a few minutes to check if the WS-37505-0 error code would still occur.
6. Report the Problem to Playstation.
If none of the methods above worked out for you, you might be dealing with a more serious problem. In this case, we suggest that you let the professionals handle the situation.
Go to Playstation’s official support page and contact their customer service to report the issue with your console and PSN. Provide your account details and the model of your Playstation to help their team provide you with the best solution possible.
This ends our guide for fixing the WS-37505-0 error code on the PS4 or PS5. For your questions and other concerns, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them whenever possible.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂