Are you wondering why the YouTube comment section is not working or loading?
We all know that watching all sorts of videos on YouTube is entertaining, and it is a great way to spend your free time. However, another feature on YouTube that we also like viewing is the comment section.
In the comment section, followers of a YouTube channel can interact with one another and share their thoughts about the video they just watched. Besides, content creators also use the comment section to reach out to their subscribers and reply to their comments.
On the other hand, some channel owners also host giveaways through the comment section, which boosts their followers’ interest.
However, if the Youtube comment section is not working or loading, it can be a problem for both subscribers and channel owners.
Given the situation, we’ve decided to guide you on what to do if the YouTube comment section is not working or loading.
Let’s jump right in!
1. Check YouTube’s Servers.
The first thing that you should do when YouTube is not functioning correctly is to check its servers. Being an online platform, YouTube relies on its servers to deliver services to its users.
However, if an unexpected error occurred or maintenance is ongoing, you can expect that some of YouTube’s features may not work temporarily.
2. Turn Off VPN.
Virtual private networks or VPNs are third-party programs that keep your data safe and private while browsing online. It works by making changes to your IP address randomly to ensure that no one can track your activity.
However, this process can make it difficult for your device to establish a stable connection with YouTube’s servers which can cause the platform to malfunction.
To fix this, simply turn off your VPN when using YouTube.
3. Comment Using A Working VPN.
If you prefer using a VPN service, you can try switching to IPVanish.
IPVanish is a virtual private network service that uses tunneling protocols to establish an encrypted network on your device. Compared to other VPNs, IPVanish has over 1600 high-speed servers that keep your connection stable while protecting your data online.
With IPVanish, you can enjoy other streaming platforms that are not available for your region, like Hulu, Netflix US, and HBO Max.
Enjoy a fast and secured network with IPVanish.
4. Re-Login to Your YouTube Account.
Unexpected errors may happen on your YouTube account and could cause features like the comment section not to work. Thankfully, a simple data refresh can fix the issue by signing out and logging back into your account.
On Android, you can sign out of your account by doing the following:
- First, open the YouTube app on your device and tap on your Profile.
- Now, tap on Switch Account and open Manage Accounts.
- After that, tap on the YouTube account that you want to sign out.
- Finally, tap the Remove Account button.
For iOS users, follow the steps below to log out of your YouTube account.
- Open the YouTube app on your device.
- Now, open your Profile and tap on Switch Account.
- Lastly, tap on Use YouTube Signed Out.
If you are using a browser, you can log out of your account by doing the following:
- First, access YouTube using your browser.
- Next, click on your Profile icon beside the Notifications button.
- Finally, click on Sign Out.
Once done, log back into your YouTube account and check if the comment section is now working correctly.
5. You May Be Blocked by YouTube or the Channel Owner.
If you’re unable to comment on a specific channel, YouTube or the channel owner blocked you from commenting.
To keep the platform safe for everyone, YouTube implements strict community guidelines that every user should follow. When commenting on videos, make sure that it doesn’t promote hate speech, violence, sexual abuse, or other harmful doings that can negatively affect other users physically or emotionally.
Make sure to follow the rules to avoid getting blocked from the platform.
6. Check for Updates.
YouTube releases timely updates for itstheir application to ensure that everything is working correctly. Besides, security patches are also included in the update to ensure that you are safe from hackers and other phishing activities.
If the YouTube comment section is not working or loading, try to check for updates.
On Android, follow the guide below to update the app.
- First, open the Google Play Store from your app drawer.
- After that, open the side drawer and tap on My Apps & Games.
- If there’s an available update, tap the Update button next to YouTube to install it.
For iOS users, check out the steps below to update YouTube.
- On your device, open the App Store.
- Now, tap on your Profile icon, which should prompt your device to check for possible updates.
- Finally, find YouTube from the list and hit the Update button.
Once the update is done, go back to YouTube and see if the comment section is now working.
7. Clear Your Browser Cache and Cookies.
If the YouTube comment section is not working or loading on your browser, some of its data may be corrupted. Browsers use temporary data called caches and cookies to load websites faster.
However, if this data gets corrupted, errors and other problems can occur on the websites you visit.
Clear your browsing data to get rid of corrupted caches and cookies.
- On your browser, click on the Options button and open the History tab.
- After that, click on Clear Browsing Data on the side menu inside the History tab.
- Next, click on Time Range and select All Time.
- Finally, make sure that caches and cookies are included in the process and hit the Clear Data button.
After clearing your browsing data, go back to YouTube and see if the comment section is now working.
8. Try Another Browser.
There are times when your browser encounters problems and might not load the contents of a website correctly. Since browsers use different kinds of render engines, they may not interpret the code written on websites the same way and load it differently.
If the YouTube comment section is not working or loading, try to use another browser in the meantime.
9. Run Malwarebytes.
If something is not right on your browser, try to check for malware or virus infection. Some viruses like browser hijackers change the way your browser functions and could cause all sorts of problems on websites.
You can use third-party tools like Malwarebytes to scan your system for malware and other viruses.
10. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Network connection issues could also be the cause of why the YouTube comment section is not working. To confirm this, try to run a speed test using Fast.com to measure your connection’s current bandwidth.
If the test result shows that your connection is unstable, try to restart your router. Locate its power chord and unplug it from the wall outlet for about 10 seconds before plugging it back in.
Run another speed test to verify if the restart fixed the issue on your network. If your internet connection continues to run slow, contact your ISP and ask them to fix the issue.
11. Reinstall YouTube.
For the final method, you can try reinstalling the YouTube app. Possibly, some of its installation files got corrupted and no longer fixable with an update. In this case, the best option you have is to remove the app from your device and reinstall a fresh copy.
For Android devices, check out the guide below to reinstall YouTube.
- First, go to your app drawer and find the YouTube app from the list.
- Now, hold down on its icon until the pop-up menu appears.
- Lastly, tap on Uninstall to delete the app.
If you are using an iOS device, follow the steps below to reinstall YouTube.
- On your home screen, locate the YouTube app.
- After that, press its app icon until you see the selection screen.
- Finally, tap on Remove App to uninstall YouTube.
Once done, go to the App Store or Play Store and reinstall YouTube.
This ends our guide in fixing the YouTube comment section that is not working or loading. If you have other questions in mind, please let us know in the comment section below, and we’ll do our best to accommodate them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂