Can’t figure out why Adblock is not working on Twitch?
Twitch is the leading platform for live online streaming. Given its popularity, many companies want to advertise their services on the platform. Due to this, ads on Twitch could get intrusive at times, which interrupt your viewing experience.
It’s simply annoying to be forced to watch a promotional video while in the middle of watching an extensive Esports match. Since you’re streaming live content, you might miss some details if an advertisement suddenly appears on your display.
Unfortunately, this is the reality of using Twitch or any video platform today.
However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t do anything about it. Many users have been trying various ways to get around these ads for the past years.
One of the most effective ways is ad blockers.
Today, we’ll show you what to do if Adblock is not working on Twitch.
Let’s dive right in!
1. Update Your Adblock.
Twitch may have updated their systems to avoid ad blockers from filtering advertisements on their website. If this is the case, you must update your adblock as well to keep up with the changes on the platform.
See the steps below to update your Adblock:
- First, open Google Chrome on your PC.
- After that, type ‘chrome://extensions’ on the address bar and hit Enter.
- Now, enable Developer Mode. You’ll find the switch in the upper right corner of your window.
- Lastly, click the Update button and follow the on-screen prompts.
Go back to Twitch afterward to check if your adblock is working.
2. Check Your Adblock Settings.
Adblock has a setting called “allow acceptable ads”. This feature lets the program choose which advertisements to show and what to block on your computer. However, this might be the reason why you keep seeing advertisements on Twitch.
To fix this, follow the guide below to disable this feature:
- First, open your browser and click on Adblock on the upper right-corner of your screen.
- After that, go to the Settings and access the General tab.
- Lastly, disable the ‘Allow Acceptable Ads’ option and restart your browser.
Try watching another stream on Twitch afterward to check if the problem is solved.
3. Disable Other Extensions.
While this is unlikely to occur, you can try disabling other extensions on your browser. Some extensions on your system might be interfering with your Adblock, causing it not to work correctly.
See the guide below to turn off extensions on your PC:
- On your browser, click on More Options and choose Settings.
- Now, click the Extensions tab from the side menu.
- Finally, turn off your extensions and restart your browser.
Once done, go back to Twitch to see if your adblock works.
4. Try Using VPN.
Virtual private networks have built-in adblockers, which might work on Twitch. If you can’t get adblock to work on your browser, consider subscribing to a virtual private network to block advertisements on Twitch.
We recommend using PureVPN on your system. It uses high-speed servers worldwide, which ensures fast and reliable connection while protecting your data and blocking unwanted ads.
PureVPN also works well with streaming apps such as Disney+, HBO Max, and Netflix.
5. Reinstall Adblock.
If none of the solutions above worked for you, you could try reinstalling your adblock. This should ensure that the tool is correctly installed on your browser and there are no missing or corrupted resources.
Check out the steps below to delete browser extensions:
- First, open the Settings on your browser.
- After that, click on the Extensions tab.
- Lastly, locate Adblock from the list and click Remove.
Download the extensions afterward and see if the problem is solved.
That ends our guide for fixing adblock if it’s not working on Twitch. For your questions and other concerns, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂